WesternOutlaw

Build & Decorate a Train Car: Rules & Discussion

All Aboard for Some Holiday Fun!

holiday2008contest0x500.jpg

In the spirit of the Holiday Season, Eurobricks Trains & Town Forum is proud to announce its most recent contest, Build & Decorate a Train Car.

RULES:

1) You may either build an official Lego train set (single wagon or engine) -OR- Create an original train car or engine (MOC).

2) Decorate your train car in the spirit of the holiday (this can include Christmas, Haunnika, or Kwanzaa).

3) Decorations may be brick built and/or you may use non-Lego elements and ornaments (including stickers, decals, glue, glitter, spray paint, holly, misstletoe, lights, etc).

4) Your train car must run on standard 9V or newer R/C track (but does not require Lego train wheels and/or couplings).

5) Only one train car (not complete train) may be entered in the contest. One entry limit/person.

6) Only one image may be submitted of your train car.

7) Image must be no larger than 640 x 480. Digital backgrounds are encouraged.

8) Contest begins today and ends Christmas Eve (December 24).

9) One winner will be selected by EB poll. A tie or draw will be selected by the admins/mods.

10 Entries are to be shared in the Entry Thread with this thread used for discussion.

11) Mods and Admins may participate but they are not eligible for the prize.

PRIZE:

The best decorated train builder will win a City Impulse set compliments of TheBrickster.

Let's have fun with this and we look forward to seeing your decorated train cars!

ENTRY THREAD

Sounds like fun! I never got any train sets, or any wheels that fit a 9v track, so I won't be entering. But good luck to everyone! :sweet:

Sounds like fun! I never got any train sets, or any wheels that fit a 9v track, so I won't be entering. But good luck to everyone! :sweet:

You can use non-train wheels Jim. The scale should be for 9V track.

You can use non-train wheels Jim. The scale should be for 9V track.

Oh, well in that case, I might join. Thanks! :thumbup:

Sounds like a lot of fun! :classic:

Good timing too, I just finished my first train MOC, so I might try to decorate that....

Sounds like fun! I was a huge fan of trains a while back. I will have to dig my train parts out again! :laugh: One question, can we include a coal car with the engine?

Thanks!

One question, can we include a coal car with the engine?

Since coal cars are usually part of the steam engine, I don't see why not.

Ok, so for this contest we just need to build a train right? With the carts or without the carts and we have to take a picture with the tracks to show that it i to scale! Right? By the way, what is an impulse set?

Ok, so for this contest we just need to build a train right? With the carts or without the carts and we have to take a picture with the tracks to show that it i to scale! Right? By the way, what is an impulse set?

Just a single train car (passenger wagon, dining car, caboose, boxcar, etc.). It can be an official Lego train car or a MOC.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "carts"?

It does not have to be pictured with track, as long as you build it to scale with 9V or RC track.

Impulse sets are the very small sets (usually around 20-30 pieces with a single fig).

Some examples:

5611, 5612, 5613, 5620 pictured on Lego SAH under City

Nice contest, Brickster!

The only thing I stumbled upon was the fact, that the train car need not have couplings and wheels. :look:

What kind of train car is it then?

Hope I get some time to participate... :sadnew:

Great contest, TheBrickster! I hope I get a chance to participate, this one looks like a lot of fun!

The only thing I stumbled upon was the fact, that the train car need not have couplings and wheels. :look:

Stationary. :laugh:

Ok, seriously, that's just to allow people who don't actually have official train parts to still participate.

Hope I get some time to participate... :sadnew:

As IS mentioned, we wanted to allow those that don't have official train parts (like wheels and couplings) to participate. They can always use regular wheels.

I hope you enter.

I may be trying to be too specific but can we make our coal car be an extended length? :sceptic: (Meaning can I add a part for more decoration to a 6x10 stud plate)

Thanks!

I MIGHT enter... Is there anyway I could get a scale? I don't have ANY train pieces. If I do I don't know what it looks like.. So I can use car wheels? :O Crazy! lol So yea Scale I need. Because talk like Yoda I do. :yoda: Oh, And Thanks.

-EDIT- By scale I mean The Width and the Height.

Edited by Davy_Blocks

This looks like a fun little contest. I will try my best, since I do not own any train sets.

The only thing I stumbled upon was the fact, that the train car need not have couplings and wheels. What kind of train car is it then?

LOL, I just built a nice Christmas house, I'll enter it as a wheel-less train with a street in front!

Another question...

Does it have to negotiate the standard corner and turnouts, or is running on a straight track enough?

No it does not.