Klaus-Dieter

City Center part 2

indexed.gif B-OV-6E

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Here's my second part of my City Center:

City Center part 2

Pieces: 339

Lego Factory Price: 60,44 Euros

You're on a trip through your Lego City. After you had eaten your sandwich and relaxed in the park it's getting evening and you're searching for a doss for the night. So why not going to the excellent hotel?!

The second part of the City Center includes a hotel with entrance, reception, foyer, a little and a big guest room, a flower bed, a bench, a female guest and two bellboys.

citycenterteil2.1.jpg

citycenterteil2.2.jpg

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

A very neat and charming work, especially with that distinct entry, the red canopy and carpet work great and add a fine color contrast. :thumbup:

Edited by Asuka

nice design.

really like the interior.

simple yet beautiful.

i see opportunity to make this hotel modular with your design.

great idea. :thumbup:

This is simply charming! The canopy looks wonderful, and the interior is very well thought-out. The design on those beds really does look like something one might find in a hotel.

This a clever creation! It has the look of an old Wild West hotel, but still the metropolitan-style of a four star hotel. I really like the cover over the red carpet giving the appearance of a "ritzy" place. My only suggestion would be perhaps to use some tiles on the HOTEL sign to smooth things off. I really like the cherckered bedspreads. They look really good.

Overall, very nice KD!

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Asuka, djo, Mariko and TheBrickster! :sweet:

A very neat and charming work, especially with that distinct entry, the red canopy and carpet work great and add a fine color contrast. :thumbup:

Thanks, Asuka! :sweet:

I wasn't sure whether I should add a red or a white capony to the entry. Do you think that a white one would have been better?

nice design.

really like the interior.

simple yet beautiful.

i see opportunity to make this hotel modular with your design.

great idea. :thumbup:

Thanks, djo! :sweet:

Nice to hear that you like the interior. It's a bit difficult with LDD to design it really in that way you want it. But I, too, think that it isn't too bad.

This is simply charming! The canopy looks wonderful, and the interior is very well thought-out. The design on those beds really does look like something one might find in a hotel.

Thanks, Mariko! :sweet:

Like I already mentioned: The interior is often a bit difficult to design with LDD. So it was actually only because of the limited brick palette that I designed those beds like they are now. :grin:

This a clever creation! It has the look of an old Wild West hotel, but still the metropolitan-style of a four star hotel. I really like the cover over the red carpet giving the appearance of a "ritzy" place. My only suggestion would be perhaps to use some tiles on the HOTEL sign to smooth things off. I really like the cherckered bedspreads. They look really good.

Overall, very nice KD!

Thanky, TheBrickster! :sweet:

The idea with the tiles is a really good one - thanks. When designing my next LDD MOC and making a sign like in this my MOC I'll remember your suggestion for improvement. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

I wasn't sure whether I should add a red or a white capony to the entry. Do you think that a white one would have been better?

Na, there´s already enough white in your creation. To take a more vivid color was the right decision for sure. :thumbup:

Na, there´s already enough white in your creation. To take a more vivid color was the right decision for sure. :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear that the red color was the right decision - thanks. :sweet:

Nice work K-D, especially that entrance is well done! :thumbup:

Only thing i'm missing is a way to get upstairs.

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Captain green hair! :sweet:

But for what are stairs needed?! I think minifigs always waver to the rooms upstairs and when they want to get downstairs then they wave to the rooms downstairs - at least it was the case until now in nearly every Lego building. :laugh:

No, joking apart: I wanted to design a custom City set and not a CC styled building since I don't like official buildings with backwalls. And since there have nearly never been some City sets with buildings which have stairs I decided to do so in my LDD City MOCs, too.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks, Mariko! :sweet:

Like I already mentioned: The interior is often a bit difficult to design with LDD. So it was actually only because of the limited brick palette that I designed those beds like they are now. :grin:

That's pretty cool--I'm glad it turned out that way, as it really does look like a lot of the hotel beds I've stayed in!

Also, I like your views on stairways and the like; I think mine is rather similar (Brickenridge also lacks many staircases) :grin:

Another great MOC, K-D. I am wondering though, what is the yellow 1 x 1 cylinder on the 'H' in the sign for?

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Section8! :sweet:

I feared that this question will arise! :grin: The yellow 1x1 cylinder is there because the letters of "hotel" are an impair number. And since the building - and with it even the "letters" on top of it - should be symmetric I thought about what to do. And then I had the idea to add the yellow 1x1 cylinder to the H. If you want to you can take it as a star to show that this is a hotel with the quality of one star.

Klaus-Dieter