Toa_Of_Justice

New LEGO Racers Video Game?

I recently received Wing Jumper along with many other new LEGO sets in a big brown box. :pir-grin: I took a glance at the top of Wing Jumper's box, and I saw this:

lr2009vgsmall.png

Full Resolution Image (Over 9MB, 2949x1567 pixels!)

After a search on the Internet, I found out this may be a NetDevil game, according to this article:

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/net...th-lego-racers/

Bring on the posts!

-Toa Of Justice

Impressive looking! I wonder if it'll be as good as the Drome Racers game I got a while back... :pir-wub:

Are you talking about the Drome Racing Challenge or the Drome Racers video game? Either way, I hope it'll be better than those games... :pir-tongue: Of course, I enjoyed both of them too. :pir-grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Whoa, a new LEGO racers video-game? I can't wait to see what this one will be! I love the rest (The first, the second and Drome).

This is great news! I only hope that by "teams," they mean lots of wacky characters from the different lego lines TLC has out, just like Lego Racers 1 and 2 had. I'd much rather they do that then go the route that Drome Racers did. :pir-wink:

FANTASTIC!!! I've been waiting too long for a news like this. I really hope they'll do it in the same line as the first one.

But what gets me a bit afraid, is the fact that it'll be a Flash game... I hope they won't stop at that...

FANTASTIC!!! I've been waiting too long for a news like this. I really hope they'll do it in the same line as the first one.

But what gets me a bit afraid, is the fact that it'll be a Flash game... I hope they won't stop at that...

I wonder if because it's a Flash-based web game, will it be free to play (like the Drome Racing Challenge)? :pir-oh3:

-Toa Of Justice

He means if it's like the flash games I think, that would be very bad.

Then at least it would be free to play, right? :pir-grin:

Money saved ON! :thumbup:

-Toa Of Justice

Then at least it would be free to play, right? :pir-grin:

Money saved ON! :thumbup:

-Toa Of Justice

No, I meant as in... buy a flash game. :pir-sick:

No, I meant as in... buy a flash game. :pir-sick:

If I recall correctly, most Flash-based games on LEGO.com are free to play. If I do have to pay money for it, I would look for a review about the game before I play it, and I recommend that anyone else who wants to play it should do the same (unless the game turns out to be free of charge).

-Toa Of Justice

You are not getting what I said at all.

What I mean is the game will be on a console and you have to buy it but it will just have the quailty of a flash game... Does that make sense?

You are not getting what I said at all.

What I mean is the game will be on a console and you have to buy it but it will just have the quality of a flash game... Does that make sense?

I'm sorry about that. :pir-blush: I get what you're saying now. I hope it won't be like that. :pir-oh3:

-Toa Of Justice

Sounds exciting, if it's what we all hope it will be I can't wait to try random cool Lego themes out for a spin!

I'll be disappointed if it just a flash game as said but atleast there is probably another Lego game out next year also.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Nice.

One would assume that it will be on the Wii (As well as other consoles).

Maybe it'll come with a special Wii Wheel..

Its a flash on the computer, that means no Wii.

They were working on a new Racers pc game a while back. It stood in a folder, but unfortunatly I don't find it anymore :hmpf_bad: but, as i can remember, it was something like this: "You can build your own racer, and race on various tracks and then win other pieces to customize your car" that's what I remebered.

I always tought that they cancelled the game, because it takes so many years to launch the game.

I really hope it has online play (racing against other EB-members.....)

They were working on a new Racers pc game a while back. It stood in a folder, but unfortunatly I don't find it anymore :hmpf_bad: but, as i can remember, it was something like this: "You can build your own racer, and race on various tracks and then win other pieces to customize your car" that's what I remebered.

I always tought that they cancelled the game, because it takes so many years to launch the game.

I really hope it has online play (racing against other EB-members.....)

That sounds very interesting, SkyOtic! :sweet: I think it would be cool if the the new game was like that. :thumbup: I remember that LEGO Stunt Rally has a similar concept, but you win track pieces rather than car pieces. However, you also win whole cars (from your opponents) in that game.

-Toa Of Justice

Lego stunt rally... I've lost many hours playing that game :wub:

Where goes the time....

It seems as if the news article was correct about the new video game being Flash on the PC. However, at least it is free, and it is very similar to the old Drome Racing Challenge of 2002. Check it out here.

-Toa Of Justice

Ah. Good to finally see a conclusion of this. :classic: I feared that this was just a hoax like the Lego Space and Lego Castle video games. :hmpf_bad: Of course a flash game isn't as good as an actual game, but it's at least something.

Ah. Good to finally see a conclusion of this. :classic: I feared that this was just a hoax like the Lego Space and Lego Castle video games. :hmpf_bad: Of course a flash game isn't as good as an actual game, but it's at least something.
Well, I just tried it out, and it's not a game. All you do is just watch your car race against another one. :sceptic:

Well, I just tried it out, and it's not a game. All you do is just watch your car race against another one. :sceptic:

I think it's a bit more than that. You can win points in each race to upgrade your car with parts to overcome various challenges. You can also set your strategy in each zone (how much you will risk at the end, what color light you start on [red, yellow or green], and whether you want to accept challenges from other players). Personally, I was hoping for greater control of my car, but I can't complain too much since the game is free. :grin:

-Toa Of Justice