Toa_Of_Justice

New LEGO Racers Video Game?

I think it's a bit more than that. You can win points in each race to upgrade your car with parts to overcome various challenges. You can also set your strategy in each zone (how much you will risk at the end, what color light you start on [red, yellow or green], and whether you want to accept challenges from other players). Personally, I was hoping for greater control of my car, but I can't complain too much since the game is free. :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Well, yeah, you can do that stuff, but I still don't like not being able to drive...

But of course, I can't complain too much either since LEGO could have just decided to not make a game in the first place. :tongue:

Edited by ILikePi

There is yet another Racers game online at racers.lego.com: LEGO Racers: The Robot Chronicles.

From the LEGO Racers News Section:

Robot Chronicles

To All Racers, Agents and City heroes!

The new Robot Chronicles game is now here!

Dr. Inferno is trying to take over the City and cause chaos and havoc! - can you help out?

Even though you may have mastered the skills of a high-speed car you will need to take control of the high powered Agents vehicles and the Sturdy City trucks and helicopters to come out victorious here.

Find the game in our Fun Zone and prepare to engage Dr. Inferno!

From the LEGO Message Board:

All Racers start your Engines!

All Agents get in your vehicles and get ready to go!

All City workers, get ready for rush-hour!

Dr. Inferno is up to something in the City, you have to help us find out what it is, and see if you can stop him before it is too late!

And you can choose yourself how you want to do that! as a Racer, and Agent or a City hero!

You can find the game on any of the 3 sites - and for those of you who wants even more, there is also a couple of people on My LEGO Network who would want to talk to you.

And as a treat for you guys - here is an early cheat code, there are more - but I won't quite tell them yet!

micro

write that in the field inside the game, and see what happens.

Have fun!

-MrBrickBuilder

Personally, it is very difficult to tell whether this qualifies as a true Racers game...it is more like a mash-up of City, Racers, and Agents. It could easily belong to any of those themes...but since I found this at the Racers site I thought it would be best to post about it here. Enjoy! :classic:

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: The "field" inside the game is located in the lower right corner of any vehicle selection screen. Entering "micro" in that field activates a shrink ray weapon.

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Apologies for the 9 year bump (Wow has it really been that long!?), but this article links to this topic, and I figured it'd be good to finally put the mystery to rest, especially for anyone who comes across this topic from elsewhere:

https://www.unseen64.net/2018/05/23/lego-racers-video-game-ds-wii-cancelled/

As far as I can tell this would be fine with Eurobricks's stance on posting in old topics since this is a pretty notable update on the subject - apologies if it isn't.

Edited by jamesster

Thanks for the update, jamesster! :thumbup: No apology necessary. It's a shame that LEGO Racers: The Video Game was never released. The graphics quality looks great for LEGO video games in those days.

On 5/23/2018 at 3:45 AM, jamesster said:

Apologies for the 9 year bump (Wow has it really been that long!?), but this article links to this topic, and I figured it'd be good to finally put the mystery to rest, especially for anyone who comes across this topic from elsewhere:

https://www.unseen64.net/2018/05/23/lego-racers-video-game-ds-wii-cancelled/

As far as I can tell this would be fine with Eurobricks's stance on posting in old topics since this is a pretty notable update on the subject - apologies if it isn't.

Seeing unreleased LEGO games always makes me so sad deep down.

It's a shame original LEGO games are so rare these days. At least we've got the LEGO movies now, but other than that, it's just a licensed theme-fest all around.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, General Magma said:

It's a shame original LEGO games are so rare these days. At least we've got the LEGO movies now, but other than that, it's just a licensed theme-fest all around.

Indeed. It seems even Racers has transformed into a licensed theme (Speed Champions), just like Space (Star Wars) and Adventurers (Indiana Jones). I think the reason for these transformations is that licensed sets and games are more recognizable and popular with consumers (and therefore are more profitable) than non-licensed sets and games. (I personally wouldn't mind a LEGO Speed Champions game from Traveller's Tales--as long as my car is more likely to crash than the game itself! :laugh: )