Sign in to follow this  
Lorentzen

28 year old - returned from the dark ages

Hi there, I'm Kristian from Denmark - I just recently discovered this magnificent place.

The reason I have not found this earlier is simply because I've been far away from the Lego world for more than 14 years - but now I'm back

I am now 28 years old, and my very young daughter (2½ years old) has already gone from playing with Duplo to playing with regular Lego bricks - this made me happy as a little boy on christmas morning, because that meant I had a valid reason to pull down all my Lego from the addic :pir-classic: I've of course always played a lot with my daughter whenever she played with Duplo, and now Lego because I love it so much, especially more than if she plays with her dolls... she has perhaps been encouraged to play more with bricks because I've shown more interest in this

My favourite Lego themes are Pirates (That's what I have most of) and City - but I have lost so many bricks and bits and pieces over the years, so there's not much to build from instructions. But I've managed to take better care of my Pirates stuff for some reason.

I don't have all of the stuff from 1989 and 1991, but I do have a lot of it though. Sadly, I never got the Black Seas Barracuda or the Soldier's Fort, so I'm searching for those on ebay at bargain prices. This is pratically impossible because it's christmas soon, and also because I live in Denmark, so shipping fees are way too high for my taste, and if they're not too high, the seller simply won't send the Lego to Denmark :( - and that really bums me out because Denmark is where Lego was invented.

Oh, by the way, I love to look at all the fantastic MOCs that people have made, but I'm not a bigger MOC'er myself, because I lack both the time and the bricks to make anything worth showing to other people.

Well, that was a little bit about me - take care

Kristian

Welcome to our community!

For lost pieces you can either check bricklink.com or Pick a Brick on shop.lego.com. There you might find the pieces to complete your sets.

Thanks - I looked around on bricklink but I'm not too sure about buying from the seller there, because I don't know the actual quality of the bricks - what should I look out for when buying via bricklink?

Welcome to Euorbricks.

I hope you fufill all of your lego needs here.

Regards,

`La Empray VBBN

Thanks - I looked around on bricklink but I'm not too sure about buying from the seller there, because I don't know the actual quality of the bricks - what should I look out for when buying via bricklink?

Welcome to eurobricks Lorentzen.

I myself have never bought of brick link so I wouldn't know. If you posted this in the buy sell forum you'd get alot more replies.

Welcome! You came to EB just in time to participate in Pirate Month (for a few days anyway). ARRH!

I have always had good luck with the quality being true to description on Bricklink. Usually the seller notes if the item is new or used and also notes any unusual wear on the item. Just make sure you read the description. :pir-skull:

Lorentzen, I am glad that you managed to find Eurobricks! We are having many great fun events such as the PTV Voting contest which will be up shortly. Welcome to Eurobricks and I am sure you will have an enjoyable time. :pir_laugh2:

Velkommen til Kristian.

Altid rart at have endnu en dansker her.

Kig dig omkring og spørg endelig, hvis der er noget du gerne vil vide.

hello and welcome back to the lego world then! ^^

Velkommen til Kristian.

Oo I understood one thing : " Velkommen" !! :pir_laugh2:

Yeah the Danish language has a lot of the same words as English - when the Vikings came to plunder and kill in Britain they took along with them a lot of words which the English people now have embrased as their own like "Æg" - egg and "Kirke" - Church

Dear Lorentzen,

welcome at EB. :classic:

Hopefully, you will pick up the habit of making MOCs.

Velkommen til Kristian.

Translated best I could for CGH :tongue: :

Welkom Kristian,

Altijd leuk om nog een Deen te hebben hier.

Kijk om je heen en vraag ten slotte, als er nog iets is wat je graag wilt weten.

Kind regards,

Teddy

thanks a lot teddy, that helped me a lot^^

Edited by Guss