Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Manor - Chapter One

*oh2* How did you know? I would talk about it but I'm under contract not to reveal any details of the project. I'm surprised you know this since Mr. Jackson wants to keep the project hush-hush...

An actor! I've never met an actor in person. How many works have you done?

Where are those other two that we're waiting for?

Good evening everyone. I'm sorry to hold you up- some last minute business at the University and all that, and I had some very unfortunate business with the cart, broken wheel and all that.

Ah! Student Stephens! Here you are. Have you finished your essay yet?

Or been run over by a stagecoach. Again... :pir_laugh2:

How rude! I was not run over, and furthermore, that driver was a lunatic! :pir-angry:

Ah! Student Stephens! Here you are. Have you finished your essay yet?

Umm.... funny story about that, actually. They changed my hours over at the computer store, so I really haven't had much time as of late. And soccer practice has taken up the rest of my time. :pir-grin: And about last night's homework... ummm.. my dog ate it?

But enough about me! Good to see you today!

Aha!

There he is! :pir_laugh2: We've been talking about you, you know.

What do you like to eat good sir? It would be an honor to make you a fine meal, we could talk about Mr. Sinclair's crappy lovely movies while we dine.

Now we are just waiting on Anthony, and if he doesn't arrive soon I'm going to freeze to death. Does anybody have a key for this house?

I used to have one, but I'm afraid I might have baked it into a cake. And now that key is probably in one of my diner's stomach...

Hurry up Anthony, or we might freeze to death out here! Why must it be so cold in this village?!

I used to have one, but I'm afraid I might have baked it into a cake. And now that key is probably in one of my diner's stomach...

You had a key? Whatever for?

Hurry up Anthony, or we might freeze to death out here! Why must it be so cold in this village?!

This is just like Saw. I was in that. I was the cab driver. Remember him? That one scene, I was in the background and I checked with the pedestrian to see if she needed a ride and she didn't and then I drove away. They were going to nominate me for that role, but they had too many nominees already. I think I lost out because it wasn't a speaking part, but my performance was on par with the rest of the leading actors that year. The academy just couldn't afford to show their appreciation. There are only so many ways they can split the screen to show all of the nominees.

Umm.... funny story about that, actually. They changed my hours over at the computer store, so I really haven't had much time as of late. And soccer practice has taken up the rest of my time. :pir-grin: And about last night's homework... ummm.. my dog ate it?

But enough about me! Good to see you today!

Keep that up, son, and you'll end up nowhere.

What's everybody's reason to be here?

You had a key? Whatever for?

I do a lot of cooking in that house you know. It may seem old, but it has a state-of-the-art kitchen.

This is just like Saw. I was in that. I was the cab driver. Remember him? That one scene, I was in the background and I checked with the pedestrian to see if she needed a ride and she didn't and then I drove away. They were going to nominate me for that role, but they had too many nominees already. I think I lost out because it wasn't a speaking part, but my performance was on par with the rest of the leading actors that year. The academy just couldn't afford to show their appreciation. There are only so many ways they can split the screen to show all of the nominees.

Oh my God, I remember that! Can I have your autograph?! :pir-wub:

Keep that up, son, and you'll end up nowhere.

What are you, my mother? :pir-tongue:

I'm sorry to hear that. How did you find yourself unemployed? And I'd be happy to give you my autograph. I give out so many it's much like breathing for me. What would you like me to write? And what should I sign? Your lovely breasts, maybe? That's what rock stars do. But I suppose the ink would wash away. Perhaps we can tattoo my signature on your chest?

My breasts are just fine the way they are. As for my unemployment, let's just say that brighter stars took my limelight at the stage. But theater is of course nothing compared to the fanciful world of moving pictures.

And I'm perfectly satisfied with my current job at Brick Plates... ahem, under Mr. Dunne. Would you please autograph this sheet of paper?

As for other matters, could we please get into the house already? I'm starting to shiver out here in the open air. And no, Mr. Sinclair, you may not warm me up.

As for other matters, could we please get into the house already? I'm starting to shiver out here in the open air. And no, Mr. Sinclair, you may not warm me up.

My dear Miss Sandy, we cannot go in until Anthony arrives unfortunately. He's probably planning some sort of grand entry by parachute or some such, that's my bet on why he's late at least. In the mean time I have a wonderful little bottle here that might help to warm us up. :pir-wink:

*whisper to Chef Fredrick*

It seemed some of the guys here are getting excited with Miss Sandy. By the way, I heard that we have a few golf sessions before? Let's plan a day to have a good swing.

*whispers to Peter* Did we fall into an asylum of some sort ?

*whispers back to Bernard* I'm fairly certain of it, and I believe that our host is the head loon... :pir-hmpf_bad:

My breasts are just fine the way they are. As for my unemployment, let's just say that brighter stars took my limelight at the stage. But theater is of course nothing compared to the fanciful world of moving pictures.

Oh boy. I've read quite a bit of Agatha Christie and I fear I may have had something to do with your unemployment. Did I somehow cause your misfortune? If I've learned anything from the late great Ms. Christie, it's that I shouldn't give anything until I'm sure there are no further strings attached. So until I know that you don't bear some theatrical grudge against me I will have to hold back on my priceless autograph... :look:

Oh boy. I've read quite a bit of Agatha Christie and I fear I may have had something to do with your unemployment. Did I somehow cause your misfortune? If I've learned anything from the late great Ms. Christie, it's that I shouldn't give anything until I'm sure there are no further strings attached. So until I know that you don't bear some theatrical grudge against me I will have to hold back on my priceless autograph... :look:

Aww, that's too bad. But I assure you, I have no ill will against you - like I said, I'm an admirer of yours. If you thought I'd want your autograph to get a sample of your handwriting, Mr. Sinclair, I'm afraid I have to disappoint you. I'm not that cunning. *smiles sweetly*

Now if you excuse me, I really must take a better look at those flowers... I'm a bit of an enthusiastic when it comes to flowers, as well. *winks*

Hello my fine chaps. I do apologize, but I had a most wretched time finding this dreadful castle. The name's Blackwater. Anthony Blackwater, PI, at your service.

anthony1.jpg

It's about time you got here! Nearly froze us to death. Nevermind that now, though, let's go inside and warm up by the large fireplace.

What's that? Oh you guys want to go inside? Right, well since we're all now here, let's head on in! :pir-sweet:

Entering the Manor

The group of detectives heads west across the bridge and walks hesitantly up to the large looming black doors of the manor. They stand confused for a few seconds, wondering how to get in, before Dragonator produces a key from his pocket.

opening_the_door.jpg

Lucky I brought this, otherwise we would be a bit stuck!

He then proceeds to insert it into the key hole and unlock the door.

CREEK!!

The door makes an ominous noise as it swings open, letting light into the dim interior. The group trudges inside, wary as to what awaits them...

The Entrance Foyer

Inside the EB detectives find themselves standing in a dim Entrance Foyer.

p1060192.jpg

The foyer is illuminated by an old rustic chandelier which barely manages to make the room visible. Directly ahead of the group is a large set of stairs leading up into the house. The only other exit out of the foyer is down a short hallway to the left which ends with a single wooden door.

p1060188.jpg

To the right is a single statue of old armour, which stands in front of one of two wooden panels inset into the wall.

p1060187.jpg

The group moved into the room quietly, awed by the simple yet grand surroundings. The floor tiles feel warm underfoot, much better than the cold outside. Suddenly, a loud boom breaks the silence.

Sorry about that, the door must have caught in the wind. Hmmm, I think I left the key outside too...

Dragonator walks back to the main door but cannot open it; it seems you are locked in.

Opps. :pir-blush: I hope you all locked your cars, we won't be able to leave until we can find another key. :pir-look:

Sorry about that, the door must have caught in the wind. Hmmm, I think I left the key outside too...

Dragonator walks back to the main door but cannot open it; it seems you are locked in.

Opps. :pir-blush: I hope you all locked your cars, we won't be able to leave until we can find another key. :pir-look:

Well that kind of sucks. I left my best pots and pans out there too!

At least this is a lovely old building. Very beautiful architecture. I must ask, does it have a good kitchen like I have hoped? Otherwise we may starve to death soon...

My advice: never stand underneath that chandelier...

I thought you said you had worked here before. Wouldn't you have known if it was a good kitchen? You yourself said it was state of the art, right?

Anyway, I'm glad we're inside.

No hard feelings...um...Mr. Blackwater. All is well, right?