Buttons

Bricklink questions

If I bought an item not as described (covered in emails exchanged, I asked and asked!)

What can you do? Can you get a refund by paypal?

The seller is ignoring me. I have been ripped close to $30. Not a good day :thumbdown:

Well that sounds unfortunate, especially the part about the seller ignoring you. Does the seller have good feedback for previous sales? How much time has gone by since you first contacted them about the problem?

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

Well that sounds unfortunate, especially the part about the seller ignoring you. Does the seller have good feedback for previous sales? How much time has gone by since you first contacted them about the problem?

Its been one day but I believe he is ignoring me because he usually responds quickly to the multitude of questions I asked.

I have proof with our email exchange and photos. The seller has had a few negatives but not a lot at all.

Does paypal's resolution cover bricklink items?

If not, I'm NEVER going to use it again. Better to use ebay with buyer protection.

Edited by NarakuAulonocara

Its been one day but I believe he is ignoring me because he usually responds quickly to the multitude of questions I asked.

I have proof with our email exchange and photos. The seller has had a few negatives but not a lot at all.

Does paypal's resolution cover bricklink items?

If not, I'm NEVER going to use it again. Better to use ebay with buyer protection.

OK I'm never using brick link because paypal only covers ebay items if the item is not as described.

bricklink doesn't even have a resolution center for items which are not as described.

My first 2 purchases from bricklink and I am dissapointed. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

OK I'm never using brick link because paypal only covers ebay items if the item is not as described.

bricklink doesn't even have a resolution center for items which are not as described.

My first 2 purchases from bricklink and I am dissapointed. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I recieved an item which was different from described. I have retained emails

and digital proof that I have asked about the condition before and after purchase.

Seller confirmed it was smoke free, non-keychain and new (have proof). However

the item I received did not full fill either.

Paypal doesn't cover it. WOW cheated $28

How can I get my money back. I have repeatedly tried to contact him but he has deleted

my messages with out even reading it. I am willing to send the item back to the

seller or bricklink as a mediator.

I filed a NRS but should I have filed a NSS??

I'm after a particular item on BrickLink (a violet or similar coloured torso, no arms or hands), and only one seller on the entire site has it - but they do not ship to the UK. Is there any way of overcoming this problem?

I'm after a particular item on BrickLink (a violet or similar coloured torso, no arms or hands), and only one seller on the entire site has it - but they do not ship to the UK. Is there any way of overcoming this problem?

Did you contact the seller about it? You might be able to convince him. With talking I mean explaining your situation by e-mail, phone or IM.

If not, you can always place an alert on the specific object with its specifications, so you will be notified whenever someone is offering one for sale.

But really, talking is the keyword here, most Bricklink sellers love the hobby and will understand your problem.

Else look for something similar or consider using a decal for on your torso?

I bought 3 items from BL a week ago and received all 3 in the mail. I tried to log on to my account on BL and it said "Wrong username or password". I looked into this and found that my account (Lazerblade) was merged to some other BL members account. This must be some mistake. I have never created any other account. What should I do. Admin will not help me.

Thanks!!!

Is there any sort of advanced search where I can find a single seller who sells a particular combination of parts (any color)? It seems like I helped a friend do this once but now I'm getting lost, I've placed about 4 orders today and there are 5 parts (two lots) missing out of an assembly. I'd really like to wrap up my spree with a single seller so I have less to worry about, less shipping.

^^^ Just like you Spider Spaceman, I would also want to know this type of "advanced advanced search". This will surely help us find the right parts and sellers for a short time. I hope someone here knows.

^^^ Just like you Spider Spaceman, I would also want to know this type of "advanced advanced search". This will surely help us find the right parts and sellers for a short time. I hope someone here knows.

Take a look at Wanted List. Once you build a wanted list, you can search stores by your list.

Just wanted to say that I did manage to negotiate with the seller in the end.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Bricklink store for parts for my cathedral? Help would really be appreciated.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Bricklink store for parts for my cathedral? Help would really be appreciated.

Asking that makes it difficult for anyone to help you. Put together a wanted list and start searching through stores to see if they have the parts you need.

Asking that makes it difficult for anyone to help you. Put together a wanted list and start searching through stores to see if they have the parts you need.

Heh. Thanks. Noob mistake?:blush:

This is probably a completly inane question but ive been wondering this about bricklink for a while now.

Judging by the amount of new parts on there, i assume people buy sets just to sell for parts on bricklink. Is this right? If it is, do people make any profit in doing this ? Just seems to me there must be a tiny profit margin for parts, especially considering the time and effort it must take to buy the sets, inventory all the parts, list them on bricklink and post them to the buyer.

I would be genuinely interested to know whether people make a living off bricklink!

This is probably a completly inane question but ive been wondering this about bricklink for a while now.

Judging by the amount of new parts on there, i assume people buy sets just to sell for parts on bricklink. Is this right? If it is, do people make any profit in doing this ? Just seems to me there must be a tiny profit margin for parts, especially considering the time and effort it must take to buy the sets, inventory all the parts, list them on bricklink and post them to the buyer.

I would be genuinely interested to know whether people make a living off bricklink!

Some of them do it that way. You have to remember it's a hobby for most people, so they often buy sets with pieces they want and then sell the rest. Some of them pick up stuff from PAB walls at LEGO Stores (generally, small pieces are a lot more worth it if you buy by the cup), and some people buy sets and just hold onto them until the value goes up... sometimes they list immediately because they are willing to ship to countries LEGO doesn't have a presence in...

Some of them are B&M stores that actually buy directly from LEGO, but AFAIK, their contract does not allow them to part out sets... some of them do it anyway, I suspect.

Everyone's got their own story.

Some of them do it that way. You have to remember it's a hobby for most people, so they often buy sets with pieces they want and then sell the rest. Some of them pick up stuff from PAB walls at LEGO Stores (generally, small pieces are a lot more worth it if you buy by the cup), and some people buy sets and just hold onto them until the value goes up... sometimes they list immediately because they are willing to ship to countries LEGO doesn't have a presence in...

Some of them are B&M stores that actually buy directly from LEGO, but AFAIK, their contract does not allow them to part out sets... some of them do it anyway, I suspect.

Everyone's got their own story.

I would have to agree, I believe the majority that sell things in large quantities probably get them from the PAB wall.

I know, because I bought over a thousand pieces for only $9.00, if I was to turn around and sell them, I could probably double my money, at least.

Where the $$ is made is in buying used, then selling on bricklink for 10-100x your cost. However, money can be made in buying sets. Pieces are 5-10c, depending on the set, on bricklink they sell for 8-15c. Then there are the more rare pieces and minifigs that go for much more. The margin is small, but if you have cheap labor to do the sorting, and you capitalize on the sales, it can work.

I have a store that I sell primarily complete Star Wars sets that I get from garage sales and such. This helps pay for this expensive past time.

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions:

Where do you find your boxes to ship Lego sets in? I have a couple of monitor boxes from work that I took, but after that, I don't know where to get them. I don't want to pay $8 a box every time I need to ship something out.

Also, I have a huge lot I bought locally. I want to pick out what I need and sell the rest, but the white parts have a tint of yellow to them and some have teeth marks. Are these sellable or should I just toss them?

Thanks for any input!

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions:

Where do you find your boxes to ship Lego sets in? I have a couple of monitor boxes from work that I took, but after that, I don't know where to get them. I don't want to pay $8 a box every time I need to ship something out.

Also, I have a huge lot I bought locally. I want to pick out what I need and sell the rest, but the white parts have a tint of yellow to them and some have teeth marks. Are these sellable or should I just toss them?

Thanks for any input!

Where are you located, and how big do you need your boxes to be?

If you're in the U.S., you can get flat rate boxes from the USPS for free (they make their money when you ship), but they don't get large enough for a lot of LEGO sets. I have a few really large boxes from things that LEGO.com has shipped me, as well as some larger purchasers from Amazon and other online stores.

Where are you located, and how big do you need your boxes to be?

If you're in the U.S., you can get flat rate boxes from the USPS for free (they make their money when you ship), but they don't get large enough for a lot of LEGO sets. I have a few really large boxes from things that LEGO.com has shipped me, as well as some larger purchasers from Amazon and other online stores.

I'm in the US. The boxes are for the Titanium Command Rig, Republic Attach Gunship, and the Venator Class Star Destroyer along with a few others. Like you said, the flat rate boxes won't be big enough.

I guess I'll have to start buying sets from Lego.com or Amazon instead of in store :classic:

Thanks for the reply!

Hi, I haven't been on euro-bricks for a while, but I had a question about bricklink. How many people use it, and is it reliable? Do you have to register to buy? I am about to buy my first thing on bricklink, and I'm unsure about the normal procedure. Thanks in advance.

Please look in the buy/sell/trade forum, you'll probably have all your questions already answered there.

I have placed HUNDREDS of orders for new & used Lego parts from Bricklink over the years, and I highly recommend it! :classic: Yes, you have to create a User Name and Password to place an order. I would recommend using the Bricklink Catalog function ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogTree.asp?itemType=P ) to find the parts you need. You can use the "Price Guide Info" to find the lowest-priced parts and see how many they are selling. Try it -- you'll like it! :thumbup: