Buttons

Bricklink questions

Really starting to get annoyed at the auto fill in when I enter a part number. And said number changing when I hit enter.

Dear all, 

i neee help, i am trying to buy bricks from bricklink, but in form as “company” so i can pack the bricks and sell MOC as s kit, 

However its hard to get proper invoice from sellers for tax purpose. 

is there any way to be able to solve this issue ? 

Thank you .

21 hours ago, mktechniccreations said:

is there any way to be able to solve this issue ? 

I'd suggest contacting sellers before purchasing from them and explaining what you need in terms of an invoice. If they provide a welcome response and are willing to provide you with that, great, go ahead and order. If they don't want to, move on to another seller.

15 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'd suggest contacting sellers before purchasing from them and explaining what you need in terms of an invoice. If they provide a welcome response and are willing to provide you with that, great, go ahead and order. If they don't want to, move on to another seller.

So its About individual sellers, and i have to find few that are running legit busines and are able to do business like this right.

1 minute ago, mktechniccreations said:

So its About individual sellers, and i have to find few that are running legit busines and are able to do business like this right.

Everyone selling on Bricklink is "legit", but many do it merely as a hobby and let Bricklink sort out the legal side, since that's what Bricklink is there to do (among many other things of course). There are also Bricklink stores that are full time operations that you might find do business more like "a business".

Really it boils down to getting what you want for the legal framework you're working with in your country, and that's why I said, contact a seller first if they have parts you want about the type of invoice you'd need from them. Even individual hobby sellers might say "ok sure, I can whip up the kind of invoice you need for you" while others might not want to spend the time or get into it since it's not what they normally do.

That makes a Lot of sense. 

Thank you i will give it a shot

only downside is that there will be less stores with good pricing and parts availability if i will filter few out.
But that is my problem after all

Recently tried to purchase an item and found a pretty good price. I placed the order then the seller said they "couldn't find it" so cancelled my order. Two days later the listing was there again for that set in that store but at a nearly 50% price increase. Technically i never paid the store so they probably didn't do anything against the rules but it was super dodgy and unprofessional.

i left negative feed back because thats about all i think i can do. I use Bricklink a lot, and this is the first time this has happened. Anybody else have this experience.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Recently tried to purchase an item and found a pretty good price. I placed the order then the seller said they "couldn't find it" so cancelled my order. Two days later the listing was there again for that set in that store but at a nearly 50% price increase. Technically i never paid the store so they probably didn't do anything against the rules but it was super dodgy and unprofessional.

i left negative feed back because thats about all i think i can do. I use Bricklink a lot, and this is the first time this has happened. Anybody else have this experience.

That does seem a bit shady. I personally wouldn't buy from that store again.

Reminds me of this store that sold a trans black gem. And every time it sold. The price would increase.

I was lucky to get it for cheap. But eventually I saw it going for 100 dollars.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:28 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Reminds me of this store that sold a trans black gem. And every time it sold. The price would increase.

I was lucky to get it for cheap. But eventually I saw it going for 100 dollars.

There is nothing wrong with that if they have lots of stock. I have some hard to find printed parts, ~10 years out of production. I have maybe 50 or so of them that I ordered from the replacement parts service over a decade ago and never got around to using. I am the only one in the UK with those parts, very few in Europe or rest of the world. I only ever list them one at a time as if I list them all at once, someone will buy the lot then sell them on. Every time I list them I increase the price as it helps me judge the price I should sell at. If I only had one of them, I'd over-price and slowly reduce it. However, with bulk it is easier to under-price, get a sale for one, then increase the price for next time and see how fast it sells.

I just got an expensive set from a South Koreon seller with mixed reviews. I didn’t notice the bad until after placing the order. Shipping apparently takes very long with him and not everyone is satisfied with what they got and some got nothing. He says my Order is shipped but I got no tracking number. How ling should J wait given some customers waited 4 months for their package? How do I go about getting a refund and when would you say enough is enough in terms of waiting? On the one hand I may get this but looking at the seller with closer lens I’m growing anxious. Anyone have a similar experience with bricklink and sketchy sellers? It was the last sealed set selling to my region so Imm really tense about this order.

Say I want to build the dream house in Ideas Book No.3. About 1500 by ×2 bricks, mostly not bothered how long bricks =, just want cheaper per stud.

50 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

Bricklink says it's still under maintenance. Anyone else know why?

Word around the community is a ransomware hack occurred, at least that's what several of the more reliable LEGO rumor/leak accounts over on Instagram are claiming.

I haven't seen an official statement from LEGO as the owner or BrickLink directly, which may lend some credence to that rumor. If it were a server crash, that's one thing, but a hacker story isn't something you want to draw attention to.

I don't. Several minifigs I've looked for in recent times have not had their helmet included in their inventory, (which is irritating) and you need to get them separately (also irritating).

22 hours ago, Brickadeer said:

Hi, does anyone know why the inventory of the Mandalorian Fleet Commander from set 75348 doesn't contain the helmet but a hairpiece that is not listed in the set's inventory?

I would guess that when a minifig has hair it will be listed with that one and the helmet or hat will become an accessoire. The hair however isn´t listed because it is part of the minifigure and all minifigure parts are listed only as part of the minifigure ;).

Bit of a random question, but I figured someone on here might know.

I'm based in the US and, naturally, my BL account for both buying and selling is also based in the US.  I have a family member that will be living in the EU for a time period, and I've had my eye on a couple of sets that are much, much cheaper to buy from sellers in the EU than in the US.  It looks like, depending on the country I'd be ordering from, it would be cheaper on shipping to have it sent to Ireland instead of to the US.  I was weighing the possibility of ordering them, having them shipped to my relative, and then having them bring these back to me once they return stateside.

However, my billing address and payment method will still be based in the US.  I know that I could input a delivery address to Ireland on my account, but if a store doesn't allow shipping to US based customers, would it still allow me to check out?

Or would it be easier to just make a new account with this Ireland address specifically for this purpose?

On 1/14/2024 at 8:24 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Bit of a random question, but I figured someone on here might know.

I'm based in the US and, naturally, my BL account for both buying and selling is also based in the US.  I have a family member that will be living in the EU for a time period, and I've had my eye on a couple of sets that are much, much cheaper to buy from sellers in the EU than in the US.  It looks like, depending on the country I'd be ordering from, it would be cheaper on shipping to have it sent to Ireland instead of to the US.  I was weighing the possibility of ordering them, having them shipped to my relative, and then having them bring these back to me once they return stateside.

However, my billing address and payment method will still be based in the US.  I know that I could input a delivery address to Ireland on my account, but if a store doesn't allow shipping to US based customers, would it still allow me to check out?

Or would it be easier to just make a new account with this Ireland address specifically for this purpose?

You could contact the store owner, as this is a situation where they would likely allow you to buy.