Buttons

Bricklink questions

Question for you Bricklink sellers, specifically UK.  

Who has registered with HMRC?  If you did,  at what point did you do it,  if you didn't,  why not? 

Edited by Giantorange
Spelling/grammar

Say I parts out something into a wanted list. But I want to buy multiples of the entire list (eg: 2x, 3x, etc each part). Is there an easy way to multiply the parts count of a wanted list and store that into a new wanted list? I wish there is a multiply option when adding a wanted list into the store auto-finder.

5 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Say I parts out something into a wanted list. But I want to buy multiples of the entire list (eg: 2x, 3x, etc each part). Is there an easy way to multiply the parts count of a wanted list and store that into a new wanted list? I wish there is a multiply option when adding a wanted list into the store auto-finder.

I got the solution:

1. Download wanted list.
  2. Upload wanted list into a new list (or into original list if you don't need to keep the original).
  3. Repeat upload to add quantities of each part to the list.

Hi guys, I need some help.

Not long ago i started my create my MOC with LDD. Now i would like to actually build one of this MOC. I guess i have to use BrickLink for find all the bricks needed, am I wrong?

In this case, someone can briefly give me some tips about it? How it works? I never use it.

Thank you

user deraven suggested I put this question here, as I can't post in the main buy/sell/trade forum yet.

I bought the $300 Ninjago City set 70620.

It's great, my wife has it 70% built.

We don't really know the Ninjago line, or care about it.  What's the easiest way to sell off the minfigures?  Besides ebay (which I don't enjoy) is there an easy way to sell them as a lot on one of the second market sites?  How do I calculate a price that is good for me, but enticing for buyers?

Please offer advice.  If my question makes you think I don't know something, I probably don't know it.

On 9/17/2018 at 1:40 PM, advice said:

Have your ever dealed for fake minifigures on Bricklink?

Receiving or selling?

On 9/17/2018 at 3:40 AM, advice said:

Have your ever dealed for fake minifigures on Bricklink?

I have never received such on Brickowl or ebay.  There is still a minimal amount of figures that have been cloned, so it's not very much trouble to double check the ones that "could be".  My wife is super hardcore about Lego only, so I don't worry too much because it won't get past her.     We have received off brand bricks (megablocks, or whatever) as aparts of used sets on ebay.  Usually this is a trifle. 

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, zux said:

Receiving or selling?

Receiving for sure

On 9/19/2018 at 4:26 AM, Juxtapoisson said:

have never received such on Brickowl or ebay

I have heard some eBay sellers used to offer digital printing figures instead of official pad printing

2 hours ago, advice said:

Receiving for sure

I have heard some eBay sellers used to offer digital printing figures instead of official pad printing

Ok, Bricklink has a strong opinion on fake LEGO, which means no fake parts should be sold on website, not even as custom items. However, people are behind each sale so errors tend to happen. My advise is not to star a war with a seller with a very first message, but simply state there is a problem with some items you received within the received order. Explain which item it is and what kind of problem there is. Keep your message nice and calm. And ask a seller if he can do anything about it. If that's not a scammer or 1-day seller he will look into sorting this, by either offering a refund for that piece (sometime refund may be slightly larger amount to cover "inconvenience", but don't rely on that) or offer to ship you a correct part, or may offer a discount for a next offer, etc. These tend to differ from seller to seller.

TLDR: contact seller to deal with an issue, as problem tend to happen sometime.

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this question. I have bought some SW figures off Bricklink before and all went well so I recently placed an order with a small (but 100% feedback) seller. I am a collector so ordered 'new'. The order arrived today and not only is one of the figures incorrect, but the figs are not 'new'. I'm talking print missing and fading, bite marks and dents. As a collector this means the figs are now worthless to me except of course I have paid for them. I am very disappointed; I normally order off ebay because of the cover provided, but sometimes the items you want just aren't there. I am hoping the seller will be reasonable and offer a solution, but my question is, what cover do I have as a buyer that if I leave truthful negative feedback that the seller won't do the same to me when I am not in the wrong? I have only placed a few orders on BL over the past couple of years so my feedback is good but not expansive. TIA.

50 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me with this question. I have bought some SW figures off Bricklink before and all went well so I recently placed an order with a small (but 100% feedback) seller. I am a collector so ordered 'new'. The order arrived today and not only is one of the figures incorrect, but the figs are not 'new'. I'm talking print missing and fading, bite marks and dents. As a collector this means the figs are now worthless to me except of course I have paid for them. I am very disappointed; I normally order off ebay because of the cover provided, but sometimes the items you want just aren't there. I am hoping the seller will be reasonable and offer a solution, but my question is, what cover do I have as a buyer that if I leave truthful negative feedback that the seller won't do the same to me when I am not in the wrong? I have only placed a few orders on BL over the past couple of years so my feedback is good but not expansive. TIA.

First thing is the contact the seller, and be objective about your order.  Review your order sheet and make sure you ordered new (and didn't mistakenly order as used), just to be certain.  And as long as that is correct, let them know that you didn't receive what you ordered - new figs.

Give the seller (especially one with a remarkable selling record), an opportunity to make it right.  It could be an honest mistake.

I sell on Bricklink, and it's happened to me before.  I somehow got some weapons and helmets wrong on two different sets of Clone Troopers.  The buyer contacted me and let me know.  I told him to keep the figs, and dispatched the other figs that were part of the mix up, and all was good.

If for some reason the seller doesn't make it right, you are still protected by PayPal (assuming you paid that way).  You can dispute the transaction with them.  At that point, you can also leave a negative feedback.

With Bricklink, you have the opportunity to comment on a piece of Neutral or Negative feedback, so if there is any retaliatory feedback, you can.  You can also appeal to Bricklink admin's on feedback and get it removed if it's inappropriate.

But I would caution anyone in this situation to remain calm and objective, allow the seller to make it right, and then, after exhausting that avenue, following through on the PayPal dispute and negative feedback.

36 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

First thing is the contact the seller, and be objective about your order.  Review your order sheet and make sure you ordered new (and didn't mistakenly order as used), just to be certain.  And as long as that is correct, let them know that you didn't receive what you ordered - new figs.

Give the seller (especially one with a remarkable selling record), an opportunity to make it right.  It could be an honest mistake.

I sell on Bricklink, and it's happened to me before.  I somehow got some weapons and helmets wrong on two different sets of Clone Troopers.  The buyer contacted me and let me know.  I told him to keep the figs, and dispatched the other figs that were part of the mix up, and all was good.

If for some reason the seller doesn't make it right, you are still protected by PayPal (assuming you paid that way).  You can dispute the transaction with them.  At that point, you can also leave a negative feedback.

With Bricklink, you have the opportunity to comment on a piece of Neutral or Negative feedback, so if there is any retaliatory feedback, you can.  You can also appeal to Bricklink admin's on feedback and get it removed if it's inappropriate.

But I would caution anyone in this situation to remain calm and objective, allow the seller to make it right, and then, after exhausting that avenue, following through on the PayPal dispute and negative feedback.

Thank you for your detailed response. I have remained calm and polite and emailed the seller. I am still waiting for their response. I definitely ordered new for all the figures in the order. I understand mistakes happen and I truly hope they will sort it out no hassle. I am a bit sceptical that their store lists 99% figures as new and yet the state of these figs is shocking, so not only did they send the wrong figure, but listed these figures as 'new' and sent them out under that pretence. I did pay by Paypal but have never used their resolution process so don't know how easy that will be. Sadly I am now very dubious about using Bricklink again - I know not all sellers should be judged by the standards of others, but it just seems too risky to spend good money when there is little comeback in the event of disputes. :(

21 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Thank you for your detailed response. I have remained calm and polite and emailed the seller. I am still waiting for their response. I definitely ordered new for all the figures in the order. I understand mistakes happen and I truly hope they will sort it out no hassle. I am a bit sceptical that their store lists 99% figures as new and yet the state of these figs is shocking, so not only did they send the wrong figure, but listed these figures as 'new' and sent them out under that pretence. I did pay by Paypal but have never used their resolution process so don't know how easy that will be. Sadly I am now very dubious about using Bricklink again - I know not all sellers should be judged by the standards of others, but it just seems too risky to spend good money when there is little comeback in the event of disputes. :(

No problem.  I know it's easy to be disappointed, but I've participated in hundreds of transactions (both as a seller and a buyer), and I can count on one hand the truly *bad* experiences.  Like I said, mistakes have happened, but 99.9% of the time, for me, they've been resolved to my satisfaction.

I've had one seller send me some baseplates, and when I opened the box, I was literally knocked over by the cigarette smell.  Of course, nothing in his store terms mentions a "smoking household" and I was sorely disappointed.  Seller offered a refund, which I accepted.  In that case, I left a neutral feedback mentioning the smell because it was something I thought other buyers should know.

I've had someone drag their feet for three months to get me my stuff, in which case I posted a negative.

On the other hand, I had a seller that seemed to drag their feet, but as it turns out, the day after I bought from them, they got a huge order.  I sent off a note asking if everything was okay with my order, and they apologized profusely, promised to post that day, and were very nice about it.  And sure enough, my package arrived shortly after that.  So they get a positive for correcting a problem, and communicating well.

Let us know how the transaction goes with this seller, and definitely don't be discouraged.

@Alpinemaps Oh no cigarette smell is an absolute no-no for me. I did see a seller recently plagued by negative feedback in that area and left the store like a shot! And as for 3 months ... what! You must have had the patience of a saint lol.

The seller contacted me last night and gave me a full refund, acknowledging that these figures could not have been checked properly, so I am pleased the situation was handled swiftly. Like you with the last seller, I gave positive feedback (although mentioning the wrong figs sent) as the seller communicated and resolved the issue quickly and I did not want to harm their status down to that. I also received another domestic Bricklink order today and an international order both of which are perfect so I'm feeling a little more confident in the system. :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences and helping me in this matter. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

@Alpinemaps Oh no cigarette smell is an absolute no-no for me. I did see a seller recently plagued by negative feedback in that area and left the store like a shot! And as for 3 months ... what! You must have had the patience of a saint lol.

The seller contacted me last night and gave me a full refund, acknowledging that these figures could not have been checked properly, so I am pleased the situation was handled swiftly. Like you with the last seller, I gave positive feedback (although mentioning the wrong figs sent) as the seller communicated and resolved the issue quickly and I did not want to harm their status down to that. I also received another domestic Bricklink order today and an international order both of which are perfect so I'm feeling a little more confident in the system. :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences and helping me in this matter. :)

Great!  Glad to hear the good news.

The 3 month one was hard.  I should have listened to my gut, when I placed the order, because there was one or two neutral feedbacks about long shipping times.  But everyone was overall satisfied that they got their orders and got what they ordered (and this person had a part I really couldn't find anywhere else).

Shortly after I ordered, within about a week or so, the complaints started coming in.  There were quite a few of us placing complaints.  I even went so far as to post in their forums about this person.  Eventually, that person was shut down by Bricklink, and they aren't on the platform anymore.

Hi All,

Could anyone please advise how to leave feedback about a seller on Bricklink? It was my first time ordering on the site and I bought several bricks from various sellers. I entered my Paypal/card details on each one and all except one arrived promptly and without problems. I later received an e-mail from the other seller asking if I wanted to pay for tracking. As it was just 1 piece, I replied to say not to worry about the tracking element and did not hear anything further until receiving an e-mail to say that my order had been cancelled. I have asked why it was cancelled and was told I did not reply (despite the e-mail clearly showing in my sent items). The user was very rude in replying and has left me a negative 'mark', which I am very annoyed about as this is completely unhelpful and unnecessary, especially when he is not correct about me not replying! However, as the order was not completed it seems I cannot also provide negative feedback to the buyer?

Also, who do I contact to make a complaint about this user?

Edited by lifeinplastic

Just to confirm I managed to send a message to the Admin team, who were very helpful and quick to respond. Certainly won't be buying from the particular seller in question in future though!

Thanks @pooda - I don't think the problem is with Bricklink but rather the individual seller, who I should name and shame but don't wish to implicate this site. As I said above, the admin team were extremely helpful and all my other orders arrived promptly and without any problems whatsoever. Having said that, the other sellers were all in the UK. Perhaps we just aren't that popular in Europe at the moment (not through my choice BTW)!

On 10/20/2019 at 7:29 AM, lifeinplastic said:

I replied to say not to worry about the tracking element and did not hear anything further until receiving an e-mail to say that my order had been cancelled. I have asked why it was cancelled and was told I did not reply (despite the e-mail clearly showing in my sent items).

Did you reply via email or Bricklink message system? Some sellers (especially high volume ones) on ebay/Bricklink etc exclusively use the built-in message system for communication because important emails can get lost in the crowd of the unimportant multitudes. I always send communications via the message system.

If this is what you did then the BL staff can see that, and be on your side.

15 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Did you reply via email or Bricklink message system? Some sellers (especially high volume ones) on ebay/Bricklink etc exclusively use the built-in message system for communication because important emails can get lost in the crowd of the unimportant multitudes. I always send communications via the message system.

If this is what you did then the BL staff can see that, and be on your side.

Yes, the admin team did advise it is best to do that. So now I am aware of this, I will use this method in future. Thanks for pointing this out though - hopefully it will also help others here,