Buttons

Bricklink questions

I placed my first bricklink order today and got a mail with i that i will get mailed by the seller and then have to pay is this normal?

Sorry if it is i'm just worried i get scammed :P

When you place an order on BrickLink, you'll immediately get an email with the order details. You'll subsequently get another email with the invoice and details of how to make the payment for your order. Depending on the seller and what it is you are buying, the email with the invoice can arrive a few minutes or a few days after the order was placed.

I had a seller vacuum pack the tiles I bought, so they are flat in the envelope. The problem is, they left out one entire item, some 1x2 tiles. I emailed them that they were missing from the order, and they replied, 'they wondered why there were these tiles packed to go, but not sent' and they would send them to me. Well, over a week has passed, and I emailed again..they said they would check on the tracking...another 4 days, and nothing...I emailed again....geez. What a pain in the big behind...and its for just $1 worth of tiles...

Is there an acceptable place on the forum to announce new Bricklink stores? I thought I'd seen that somewhere before, but I don't now.

not sure where to post this question but am having issues ordering lego and sending them to australia on amazon. does anyone else have this issue? it was all good 2 days ago then when i tried it today all legos seems to be blocked from australia...

I just started using bricklink and so far so good, lots of lovely parts arriving at my door.

I just have a few questions.

Under all the parts pictures there is a * and sometimes a *! whats the difference, I've looked around and can't fine any explanation.

Next thing i was wondering about was when you look up sets and find one you like I.E. green grocer, you can break down the set and view all the parts needed and add them to your wanted list. But when i select all and add to my list none of the quantities of each part shows up. How do i transfer the quantities over at the same time?

Last question, why is it so addictive? :blush:

not sure where to post this question but am having issues ordering lego and sending them to australia on amazon. does anyone else have this issue? it was all good 2 days ago then when i tried it today all legos seems to be blocked from australia...

The "buying Lego from overseas web sites" topic kinda died when Amazon started making Lego unavailable for Australia. That was 1, 2, maybe 3 years ago. Until then, there were bargains and more discussion. Use Bricklink, eBay, or buy from retail.

Under all the parts pictures there is a * and sometimes a *! whats the difference, I've looked around and can't fine any explanation.

Next thing i was wondering about was when you look up sets and find one you like I.E. green grocer, you can break down the set and view all the parts needed and add them to your wanted list. But when i select all and add to my list none of the quantities of each part shows up. How do i transfer the quantities over at the same time?

Last question, why is it so addictive? :blush:

Wow... over 100 orders and I still don't know (never really cared, I guess) what the difference between * and !* were... I'd ask on the BL forum if you don't get an answer here.

As for parting out a set to a wanted list, the way to do it is find the set in the catalog and, without going to inventory, right on the page for the set (this page for Green Grocer), where it says "On Wanted Lists" (bottom center section), you click "Part Out." Then you get another form, in which the checkbox for "Set My Minimum Desired Qty for each Item to Qty of Items in Inventory" is not set by default (don't know why), so check it and proceed from there. On that same page it's a good idea to part it out to a new wanted list (i.e. "Green Grocer") so that it doesn't get all mixed in with your other wanted items.

I can't answer the last question... I'm waiting on two orders right now, and for some reason I feel a bit better (happier) when I know more LEGO is on the way.

Edited by fred67

Venting..venting... ;-) I stumbled across another BL seller I regret. I ordered some brick from them, and the order arrives, a few days later than the other orders I placed that day. Everything is the right parts, and numbers, except one item is the wrong color. It was listed as light bluish gray, but what I got was dark bluish gray. I double checked to see if I made a mistake, but the invoice was for what I wanted, and they didn't have the color I got listed. So I figure it was a cataloging error on their part. The mistake was less than $2 (50 pieces), and I wanted to let them know about the error. I emailed and have not gotten any reply. I find that frustrating, and am withholding any feedback for now. Maybe they are just not checking messages..who knows. I wonder why they are even on there as a seller if they are not conscientious enough to keep up their store.

Another one for the 'don't use again pile.'

I must be an idiot... I have never used Bricklink before- but I finally made a MOC in LDD I want to really build and I don't have enough of the pieces in my collection- it requires a great deal of 1 x 2 Profile Bricks

579profile_brick.png

First... the color in LDD is Medium Stone Grey. Go to Bricklink search... Light Grey... Dark Grey... every other color I can imagine, but no Medium Grey, Medium Stone Grey, Stone Grey, or even just Grey... What am I missing?

So ignoring the color I put profile into the advanced search, and can't find any of this shaped brick, all I find are these brick-pattern bricks.

24998283.jpg

I feel like I must be missing something major but I don't know what it is?

Edit - Found out Medium Stone Grey is referred to as Light Bluish Grey... Why? Who knows..

Edit 2 - OK, had more success searching with the part number- 2877...

My first order is now in. ;)

Edited by BirdOPrey5

I must be an idiot... I have never used Bricklink before- but I finally made a MOC in LDD I want to really build and I don't have enough of the pieces in my collection- it requires a great deal of 1 x 2 Profile Bricks

579profile_brick.png

First... the color in LDD is Medium Stone Grey. Go to Bricklink search... Light Grey... Dark Grey... every other color I can imagine, but no Medium Grey, Medium Stone Grey, Stone Grey, or even just Grey... What am I missing?

So ignoring the color I put profile into the advanced search, and can't find any of this shaped brick, all I find are these brick-pattern bricks.

24998283.jpg

I feel like I must be missing something major but I don't know what it is?

Edit - Found out Medium Stone Grey is referred to as Light Bluish Grey... Why? Who knows..

Edit 2 - OK, had more success searching with the part number- 2877...

My first order is now in. ;)

The color names mismatches are my biggest peeve with LDD. There are several part number issues too, like a part having a number and a letter, but it doesn't show that in LDD. Generating a BOM in LDD is the best way to get the part numbers for use in BL.

Well, Bricklink and LEGO use different color names. There is a chart on Peeron that shows what every website calls them.

How do those of you with BL stores promote them? The only thing I have tried is through my Instagram page, but that hasn't been too successful thus far.

The color names are different because BL is often cataloging new colors before TLG "officially" names them. IOW, bricklink has been around longer than S&H PAB, which is where we first started seeing the color names TLG uses. It is annoying, but as pointed out - there are "conversion" charts.

Venting..venting... ;-) I stumbled across another BL seller I regret. I ordered some brick from them, and the order arrives, a few days later than the other orders I placed that day. Everything is the right parts, and numbers, except one item is the wrong color. It was listed as light bluish gray, but what I got was dark bluish gray. I double checked to see if I made a mistake, but the invoice was for what I wanted, and they didn't have the color I got listed. So I figure it was a cataloging error on their part. The mistake was less than $2 (50 pieces), and I wanted to let them know about the error. I emailed and have not gotten any reply. I find that frustrating, and am withholding any feedback for now. Maybe they are just not checking messages..who knows. I wonder why they are even on there as a seller if they are not conscientious enough to keep up their store.

Another one for the 'don't use again pile.'

I don't understand why they wouldn't just correct the mistake. Strange.

...I emailed and have not gotten any reply. I find that frustrating, and am withholding any feedback for now. Maybe they are just not checking messages..who knows.

You can check on BL if your message has been read by other party or not.

I just checked, and the message I sent seems to have vanished. There is nothing for it in my sent items...I know I sent it and it acknowledged it. Now there is no record of it... Has that ever happened to anyone else? I know things can get lost.... I will try again, though a lot of time has past now.

I just checked, and the message I sent seems to have vanished. There is nothing for it in my sent items...I know I sent it and it acknowledged it. Now there is no record of it... Has that ever happened to anyone else? I know things can get lost.... I will try again, though a lot of time has past now.

My new message got through, and the seller issued me a refund for the mistake, even though I told them it was OK. So thanks to them. Glad the problem was cleared up.

^Maybe you did "send" it, but the system didn't read it and it never got sent. I've had emails like that. I know I clicked the button, but there was no indication that I ever typed anything.

But since it resolved so quickly, that shows the seller does check messages regularly, so it somehow didn't get sent the first time. Kudos to them.

^Maybe you did "send" it, but the system didn't read it and it never got sent. I've had emails like that. I know I clicked the button, but there was no indication that I ever typed anything.

But since it resolved so quickly, that shows the seller does check messages regularly, so it somehow didn't get sent the first time. Kudos to them.

I'm positive that is what must of happened, I'm glad it worked itself out. Cell phone texts are prone to it also.

So, I am not a seller on BL, so don't know what it looks like on that side of things. Today I checked on a few outstanding orders I have placed, and one of them, has the status of "Completed" even though I haven't received it, and the seller has just today shipped it. I found the tracking number added to the order. I thought only I, as the buyer could change the status of an order I place to 'received' or 'completed' after it arrives. I guess I am wrong on that. I emailed them about this mistake, and hopefully they will correct it. I can see the potential for a problem if it does end up missing or damaged somehow...Hopefully not.

Here is the part of their wiki which expalins which options can be set by seller/buyer. I believe you can always remove the "Completed" status.

Here is the part of their wiki which expalins which options can be set by seller/buyer. I believe you can always remove the "Completed" status.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that page yet. I emailed the seller and they changed the status for me. It must of been another glitch, that I couldn't change it, I was on my iPad trying.

I was having trouble changing order statuses the other day on Chrome, I ended up having to use Firefox for it to work. It had worked on Chrome before- maybe they were making changes.