Buttons

Bricklink questions

I haven't been able to find one:/ what I've ended up doing is searching for expensive pieces and then searching the same shop for additional pieces. Maybe a more experienced shopper can drop us a hint.

Hi! i had the same problem, assuming you already have your wanted list with all the pieces, try this:

- once in bricklink go to wanted -> by shop

- in the "In" list, select your wanted list (by default it's set to "--all my wanted lists--")

- finally use "Sort by" to "Lots (Unique)" and press Go, this way, the wanted list will show in top the store with the highest quantity of unique lots

Hope this helps, bye!

That is what always happens, that is why I always order extra parts from the shops I need to get certain parts from. A good advice is: buy special parts or bulk (maybe) from brick link but first make sure you have a reasonable amount of bricks to start with (by buying ebay bulk lots e.g.). Bulk lots on ebay go for about 15$ per kilo (at least in Germany) so that gives a reasonable price. A typical small Peugeot (20x) can handle about 100 kg of LEGO including the driver and co-pilot is my experience ;)

When you click on wanted list, instead of clicking on my wanted list you click on 'by shop' and it will show who had the most pieces (unique) in your selected wanted list. You can then change the list if you have multiples.

OK, so I'm new at these stuff. I've figured out LDD and LDD Manager and I can get my wanted lists onto Bricklink. What I can't figure out is how to do a search that shows which shops have the most items on my wanted list. I have finished one model off Bricklink that was around 200 bricks and I think I ended up paying a little over $30 and half that was in shipping because I ordered from 3 shops. Please tell me there is a better way!

Just choose 'By Shop' in the second row of tabs under 'Wanted' (to the right of 'My Wanted List')

You can even switch different lists on/off

It will display the shop names (hyperlinks) and the number of lots in your selected wanted lists.

Cheers,

LLL

..... searching for expensive pieces and then searching the same shop for additional pieces. Maybe a more experienced shopper can drop us a hint.

I would agree that's excellent advice.

My only other hint (which I'm not very good at doing myself :blush: ) is - be patient - if you can build up multiple wanted lists for multiple projects, you can hopefully cut down on postage in the long term.

Happy shopping,

LLL

Hi there, can anyone give me some help or advise .....re shipping costs from brinklink stores? I live in Oz so is there anyway to get an accurate shipping cost without having to commit to buying? I read all store conditions and the SPLASH section but i find it very difficult to work out shipping. Is there a way to have the weight of what you are buying come up in the cart ? Thanx in advance, Pete.

Hi there, can anyone give me some help or advise .....re shipping costs from brinklink stores? I live in Oz so is there anyway to get an accurate shipping cost without having to commit to buying? I read all store conditions and the SPLASH section but i find it very difficult to work out shipping. Is there a way to have the weight of what you are buying come up in the cart ? Thanx in advance, Pete.

I merged your question into the "Bricklink questions" thread in the BSTF forum.

One of the tabs within the "My BricklInk" tab is the "My Settings" tab. In this window you will find a check box to "Show weight in shopping cart". Tick that and the weight of the order will show at the bottom of the page when you choose "View Cart" when shopping in a store. The seller can turn this off at their end, so it doesn't always show. However, I have found that to be relatively rare.

If there is not enough information in their splash or terms pages to work out what the shipping will be, I would move onto to the next store.

I do have one quick question, if anyone knows the answer.

I'm filing NPB alerts against a couple of buyers who have failed to submit payment past my 1 month maximum hold date. When I go to the problem orders page to submit the alert, it gives me the option of what to file and has a 'comments' box. Is that comments box visible by the buyer once the alert is filed? I want to give a personal message along with the alert but i'm not sure just where that comment box is going.

VBBN

Hi! I'm still new to this forum.

I'd like to start a Bricklink store. (I currently sell on eBay, but I'm getting tired of all the problems I've had with zero feedback buyers.)

What do I need to know about starting a store? Are there any recommended tutorials on how to sell on Bricklink? Is it worth it to sell individual parts, or should I stick to sets and minifigures? How do people with large stores keep their parts organized well enough that it's not too time consuming assemble orders?

Thanks! :classic:

Hi jodawill!

I'm new here too, but have used Bricklink a bunch. There are some forums on the Brick Link site and there are sections where sellers can ask questions and many others have posted. Hopefully that will help you!

Autofill cart: For some reason this fills every box on the list and you end up with much more than you need, can you get it to fill just what you need?

Lost Delivery: One of my orders has not come after nearly 3 weeks, order tracking shows its in my country but no more than that, I never paid for insurance because I figured on using a paypal claim or credit card charge back if something went wrong, the seller is reputable but sometimes stuff goes missing in the post, whats the best course of action here?

On the second question, remember it's nearly Christmas. I've had stuff take 6 weeks or more to arrive at this time of year. I wouldn't be too worried yet. If it doesn't show up in a couple of weeks, contact the seller. They should may be willing to reach a solution with you.

However, knowingly choosing not to take out insurance, and then filing a chargeback (when you state the seller has a good reputation) is basically theft in my book, and I would advise against doing this at all costs. You took the risk by not purchasing insurance. If all buyers took that approach, then every seller would be forced to require insurance on every order. That just makes things more expensive for everyone.

Richard.

Edited by me00rjb

Not getting what you paid for should be pursued with extreme prejudice, the world would be a much better place if people were not scared of hypothetical conferences and made to look a villain for exorcising their rights.

One of my orders was late for a nearly 2 months, and it arrived. 3 weeks is not alarming yet.

Purchasing items without insurance is, like stated at all sellers splash page, at your own risk, and not a buyer response in a case of lost or damage.

By clicking the Place order button, you agree to these terms, so asking money back in that case would be unethical.

Edited by Milan

An order of mine used almost three weeks just to clear customs! But that's Norway..

An order of mine used almost three weeks just to clear customs! But that's Norway..

I never buy insurance for BL orders, I am willing to take the risk at my expense. If one is not willing to assume that risk they should buy insurance.

I had an order which had not arrived from Canada to the USA after about 4 weeks. I contacted the seller (Fig Bits) told him my story and said I would just like to place another order for he same parts. He decided to replace it on his own, I did not request he do that, the only stipulation was that if I ever received the original order I would pay for the replacement or return it. Seemed like a more than fair deal. He even included an extra minifig. The original order never arrived, I suspect the mail delivery person delivered it to the wrong house. For a while were were getting the wrong mail and others were getting ours. I suspect someone else got my package and just didn't bother to get it to me. We now have a new Mail Carrier and there many fewer mistakes

Bottom line, be prepared to pay for another order or maybe the seller my help you out somehow, just don't blame a normally reputable seller or force him to replace the order, or initiate something that would cause him to have to replace it, after all, it was your error for not buying insurance, not his.

Just MHO, YMMV,

Andy D

There's already a pinned thread for BrickLink questions, named "BrickLink questions". :wink: Merging.

On average, is Bricklink cheaper than eBay to buy Lego?

I saw the entire Prince of Persia collection go for just over £100, but generally sales like that seem to be rare on eBay.

I generally can find better prices on bricklink, but not always. Even S@H occasionally has better piece prices than bricklink, especially on parts you need a lot of. Bottom line is to always check.

I saw a lot of low prices for sets in the States, however Im not entirely sure how much they would want for shipping to the UK, which is the advantage of eBay.

Has anyone ever shipped a big set from US before?

I saw a lot of low prices for sets in the States, however Im not entirely sure how much they would want for shipping to the UK, which is the advantage of eBay.

Has anyone ever shipped a big set from US before?

You can always ask for a quote or an estimate. Many BL sellers will have the rates spelled out in their shop.

I have bought big sets (not mega huge ones) like castles & space ships using eBay & Bricklink (boxed & otherwise) and the postage prices are always higher to send to Australia from US than from UK or Europe.

I have placed an order on bricklink for the first time and 5 days later I have still not received an invoice. The stores sales terms say that they need payment before they pull an order 10 lot or larger if you have low feedback. Since I have not bought from bricklink before I have no feedback so does this mean that I need to send payment to them before getting an invoice. I have already sent an email to them and they said they would invoice it that night but that was 2 days ago and still nothing.