Buttons

Bricklink questions

Is anybody else having trouble with the Bricklink database? I'm able to access the website just fine, but actually trying to search for anything is just timing out and giving me a database error report.

Edit to add that after several attempts I'm able to access a part page, but it seems really pot-luck whether it decides to load price information or not for a given colour. A few attempts eventually clears it up.

Edited by Alexandrina

It has been up and down all day, currently completely down.

For what it's worth, it does appear to be back online at the moment. Though if it's been on and off all day, perhaps it's too premature to celebrate its return!

What is the etiquette as far as a lost package?

It would appear that the USPS has lost a package that I sold, the buyer has been extremely polite with me and isn't blaming me or anything, and it's not a high-dollar item (I think the seller paid about $10 total).  It was shipped without tracking, which was stated in my store policy (anything small I ship using First Class envelopes, unless the buyer asks otherwise, which does not provide tracking) and it's been over a month, when this typically takes about a week.  I'll try to contact the USPS first and see if I can file for a missing package, but am I supposed to refund the seller in this case, or is the "risk" of losing the item transferred to the buyer once it's been sold and shipped? 

Ultimately it wouldn't be a huge deal for either of us, as it's only $10, but if this were something that cost, say $40, or even $100+, which I assume would be tracked, what happens, or is it on the seller/buyer to work out an agreement?

The seller should refund if a package they sent goes missing. The design about how much a risk they are willing to take before they force tracking / confirmation (and its costs) onto the buyer is down to the seller. Paypal would side with the buyer if there is no delivery confirmation and they complained there.

It does exist, and the render is made by LEGO.

80018-1.jpg?202011060753

It doesn't exist at BL yet as the set has not been inventoried.

But that part is two years old, so that render colour is not chosen wisely

Bricklink seems to be glitching today. Been getting a 502 Bad Gateway when trying to buy. 

Edited by Takanuinuva

Forgive me if I'm missing some obvious button in the UI, but is there a way to go to a BrickLink store and say "show all items on my wanted lists (or on X particular wanted list)"?

On 6/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, Flak Maniak said:

Forgive me if I'm missing some obvious button in the UI, but is there a way to go to a BrickLink store and say "show all items on my wanted lists (or on X particular wanted list)"?

A bit late, but when you're at the "Shop" tab, you should see 4 links just beneath; "Featured", "All items", "New items" and "Wanted List" - click the latter :)

Hey all, I’m looking to buy some hairpieces and I was wondering if I could still potentially get a refund if I don’t use paypal? Whats the best method of paying that ensures I can get a refund in the event something does not arrive or arrives broken? I always take precautionary measures and saw the store I was ordering from “prefers” paypal and I just want to know if there’s any method of payment that would void my ability to be refunded? Is there a safer paying method?

10 hours ago, mortenm said:

A bit late, but when you're at the "Shop" tab, you should see 4 links just beneath; "Featured", "All items", "New items" and "Wanted List" - click the latter :)

Excellent! I knew there must have been a way! I was looking just at the sidebar. Perfect; shopping made easy. Just cruise random stores and snipe all my wanted parts...

On 7/6/2021 at 2:16 AM, Takanuinuva said:

Is there a way to omit duplo parts when searching on bricklink? 

Yes, use minus... -duplo

You can also do the same for scala, soft, quattro etc if they are a problem.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes, use minus... -duplo

You can also do the same for scala, soft, quattro etc if they are a problem.

Thank you so much!

Is there a way to search a given part category, and exclude stickered parts? Or I guess, some kind of anti-search, to exclude terms from part names.

For example if I'm browsing some BL store, and I want to look through the "slope, decorated" category, but exclude all stickered parts...

Question for US folks - 

If ordering from Canada, do you have to pay any import fees/taxes other than just normal purchase price + shipping/handling fees charged by the seller?  An import tax calculator told me that there were no fees, and someone on the BL forum also said that US customers ordering from Canada typically don't have to pay fees, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

I might be ordering about $60 US (roughly $75 CAD) worth of stuff that weighs about 12-14 ounces.  I estimate with shipping it'll come to about $80 USD, and I think that's about the most I'm willing to pay for the order, so if I got dinged with an additional $20 or whatever for import fees, I may not order.  

Does anyone have experience with ordering to the US from Canada, and if so, do you know how much the taxes may be?

I'm having issues accessing bricklink website from my home. Page doesn't load or I get denied acces error. BUT if I use my phone on mobile data, it all works normally. Almost looks like IP ban to me? I've sent them a question but have yet to get a reply. Any suggestions?

On 11/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, Flak Maniak said:

Is there a way to search a given part category, and exclude stickered parts? Or I guess, some kind of anti-search, to exclude terms from part names.

For example if I'm browsing some BL store, and I want to look through the "slope, decorated" category, but exclude all stickered parts...

It might be a bit late, but yes you can do this. Just use -sticker