Buttons

Bricklink questions

What's going on in this screenshot? Why does it say the "total cost" is about twice the nominal parts cost, BEFORE S&H? What does it even mean for the store to say "no fees", if it's going to be like this?

DPsiWOq.png

Hey all, I’m in the states and plan on ordering some hair pieces not available on Lego.com from brick link. Since every individual sellers shipping fees vary, I wanted to ask people’s experience ordering hair pieces from brick link to and from the USA. What kind of shipping fees should I expect? If the total cost of the hair pieces combined is 3 dollars could I be looking at 15 dollar shipping? How much are shipping fees typically for orders less than $10?

Not sure what it's like in the pandemic, but in general for USA-USA orders years ago, if the order was very small the shipping was very small too. I mean, most sellers have some kind of minimum order (though some of the really small American sellers, who're doing it more as a hobby, don't). I've had various orders with shipping costs in the $5 range; really depends. But these days I tend to make big orders, not least to dilute shipping costs.

Or, perhaps what I should say is, once you've looked through the stock of that store, you'll want to buy way more than $3 of parts from them!

Really though, just find a seller who has the parts you want, and look at their terms page. They'll probably give a good idea of shipping costs. And yeah, if you're planning to make really small orders, then domestic is best. Whenever I buy from Europeans I gotta make it a big one or shipping is half the cost.

I’m having trouble identifying the splash page from my phone. How do I view a stores terms for shipping on a mobile device. I agree I went domestic because I assume oversea shipping fees would be much higher and I literally just need a handful of hair pieces.

I've been having some trouble trying to contact Bricklink about my non-paying buyer dispute.

What should I do to earn my Bricklink buying privileges back?

I'm a new seller, what's the best way to go about shipping sets?  I've never actually bought complete sets from BL, only smaller items that would easily fit into an envelope.

All of my sets will include box and instructions, so what I've done so far is just sort through the pieces (since I'm cross-referencing the parts with the inventory list in the instructions, just to be sure I'm not missing anything) and place them into fairly equally-sized plastic bags, but I'm not really sure what to do next.  Should I remove the tape from the box and ship it flat?  Put the bags of parts/instructions in the box, then put that in a larger box?  What about for really large, UCS-sized items?  For smaller stuff (think battle-pack sized sets or smaller), would it be OK to flatten the box and ship that in a large bubble mailer, or is that generally seen as poor packaging?

Any input is appreciated!

16 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm a new seller, what's the best way to go about shipping sets?  I've never actually bought complete sets from BL, only smaller items that would easily fit into an envelope.

Make sure you have shipping boxes for any sets that you might sell (especially for new sets).

16 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

All of my sets will include box and instructions, so what I've done so far is just sort through the pieces (since I'm cross-referencing the parts with the inventory list in the instructions, just to be sure I'm not missing anything) and place them into fairly equally-sized plastic bags, but I'm not really sure what to do next.  Should I remove the tape from the box and ship it flat?  Put the bags of parts/instructions in the box, then put that in a larger box?  What about for really large, UCS-sized items?  For smaller stuff (think battle-pack sized sets or smaller), would it be OK to flatten the box and ship that in a large bubble mailer, or is that generally seen as poor packaging?

Any input is appreciated!

If you have a box list it as having the box but let any customer know that you can quote for postage with or without the box if they ask for a manual invoice. Often buyers will say to not send the box if postage costs are lower without the box. I wouldn't flatten a box without the customer knowing about it first, and definitely not mail it in a bubble mailer.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:45 PM, Justin said:

I've been having some trouble trying to contact Bricklink about my non-paying buyer dispute.

What should I do to earn my Bricklink buying privileges back?

Did you pay?

On 12/26/2020 at 1:12 AM, Flak Maniak said:

What's going on in this screenshot? Why does it say the "total cost" is about twice the nominal parts cost, BEFORE S&H? What does it even mean for the store to say "no fees", if it's going to be like this?

DPsiWOq.png

I'd avoid that store. The shipping in their terms:

Base price for package with signature 4.99
For the weight including packaging, 1 euro per 100 grams
For the insurance, each started 100 euros worth 2 euros.
Example order 250 grams order weight with a value of 78 euros:
4.99 euros + 5 euros + 2 euros = 11.99 euros

They add on 1 Euro per 100 grams, 2 Euros per 100 Euros for insurance when you have already paid for signed delivery too.

So while they have "no fees", they are very restrictive in the types of orders you can place and then have high shipping costs to offset the "no fees" side of their business.

That is without the 1 Euro minimum lot value, minimum order of 20 Euros, and other restrictions (at most 100 lots).

Edited by MAB

7 hours ago, MAB said:

Make sure you have shipping boxes for any sets that you might sell (especially for new sets).

If you have a box list it as having the box but let any customer know that you can quote for postage with or without the box if they ask for a manual invoice. Often buyers will say to not send the box if postage costs are lower without the box. I wouldn't flatten a box without the customer knowing about it first, and definitely not mail it in a bubble mailer.

Thank you for the input.  Everything I'm selling is used, so that'd be why I would flatten boxes and all.  I'll probably just leave the bags/manuals in the box and then put that into a larger mailing box.

So long as buyers know, that shouldn't be a problem. In the listing comments just put "includes instructions and flattened box" and the buyer knows what they are getting.

Was also wondering if anyone could help me on instant checkout.  If I have multiple shipping methods set up (ie: priority mail small box, medium box, large box, etc) all with the instant checkout option, how does that work when a purchase is made?  Does it just bill them for the cost of the item and shipping is added later, or is there a way to pre-set which shipping method will be used for which item and have it automatically billed?  

Basically, I'm just wondering how shipping costs are calculated via instant checkout and if they're billed at the time or later on.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, MAB said:

Did you pay?

I think I may have forgotten to pay for another purchase while making a larger purchase.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:08 PM, Kit Figsto said:

Was also wondering if anyone could help me on instant checkout.  If I have multiple shipping methods set up (ie: priority mail small box, medium box, large box, etc) all with the instant checkout option, how does that work when a purchase is made?  Does it just bill them for the cost of the item and shipping is added later, or is there a way to pre-set which shipping method will be used for which item and have it automatically billed?  

Basically, I'm just wondering how shipping costs are calculated via instant checkout and if they're billed at the time or later on.

You set the postage prices for each shipping method you set up, depending on weights and so on. They should be billed at checkout for IC.

17 hours ago, Justin said:

I think I may have forgotten to pay for another purchase while making a larger purchase.

If you didn't pay, then you are a non paying buyer and there is not much you can do about the NPB filed against you.

21 minutes ago, MAB said:

You set the postage prices for each shipping method you set up, depending on weights and so on. They should be billed at checkout for IC.

Got it, so the shipping cost is calculated based on Bricklink's listed weight for each item?

19 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Got it, so the shipping cost is calculated based on Bricklink's listed weight for each item?

Yes, so make sure you adjust the weights for any packaging that you are likely to use. I know the weight of my bubble envelopes, for example, so I subtract that from the (for me, Royal Mail) shipping weight bands to give me my part weight bands. 100g max weight becomes 85g, 200g max weight becomes 185g and so on.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes, so make sure you adjust the weights for any packaging that you are likely to use. I know the weight of my bubble envelopes, for example, so I subtract that from the (for me, Royal Mail) shipping weight bands to give me my part weight bands. 100g max weight becomes 85g, 200g max weight becomes 185g and so on.

Makes sense, thank you so much for your help!

On 1/17/2021 at 12:39 PM, MAB said:

If you didn't pay, then you are a non paying buyer and there is not much you can do about the NPB filed against you.

Since I did not know what to do, I decided to discontinue use of that account, and lucky for me, I had two different e-mails, so I swapped out my current e-mail for an older e-mail on my old account, and moved my current e-mail to a fresh, new account. Hopefully, I don't screw up when using my new account...

Hello,

Since the new Lego Powered Up components are very expensive, I thought I’d look on Bricklink. But, there are some sellers who sell these components for about €20 (sometimes even more) less than the price on LEGO.com. So I had some questions:

Isn’t this scam? A technic hub on LEGO.com for €70 on Bricklink for €30. Is this possible? I mean, is there a way to get these hubs and motors etc. so cheap that you can sell them for €40 below the LEGO price (I thought maybe in big parties it is cheaper) and is this reliable?

I hope somebody can answer these questions.

On 1/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, Rebel_Lego said:

Hello,

Since the new Lego Powered Up components are very expensive, I thought I’d look on Bricklink. But, there are some sellers who sell these components for about €20 (sometimes even more) less than the price on LEGO.com. So I had some questions:

Isn’t this scam? A technic hub on LEGO.com for €70 on Bricklink for €30. Is this possible? I mean, is there a way to get these hubs and motors etc. so cheap that you can sell them for €40 below the LEGO price (I thought maybe in big parties it is cheaper) and is this reliable?

I hope somebody can answer these questions.

The hubs taken from sets are much cheaper than factory-sealed ones. If the seller has a high reputation in the bricklink community, it should be trustworthy.

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The hubs taken from sets are much cheaper than factory-sealed ones. If the seller has a high reputation in the bricklink community, it should be trustworthy.

Thank you for your answer, appreciate it!

On 12/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Flak Maniak said:

No fees means no extra fees but most stores charge shipping.

What is the best and ideally most simple app I can use to enter my collection so I can track parts that i need for builds?  I do not plan on selling items, I just want to easily record what parts I have.  It needs to integrate with Bricklink.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anyone else having issues with the BL website this morning? I can't get details to load on individual parts pages.

3 hours ago, CDM said:

Anyone else having issues with the BL website this morning? I can't get details to load on individual parts pages.

I've been having the same issue - no trouble navigating to the parts listing, but once I'm there there's nothing. No prices/sales info, no option to select colours, no images either (though when I'm on a set's inventory the individual parts' images are loading just fine). It's come at the worst possible time for me, I had a joblot arrive yesterday and I'm in the process of sorting through it/adding it to my Big SpreadsheetTM to see just how much of a deal I got - hard to do when I've got no clue how much a certain part is seling for!

57 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I've been having the same issue...

OK thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a browser issue or what but it seems to be on the back end. Hopefully it's resolved soon.