Buttons

Bricklink questions

This morning I recieved a message telling me to cancel it bcasue the shipping cost is "rediculous." I have not yet responded or taken any action.

What should my next step be?

What you should do is be very polite. Cancel the order, and send a follow up message politely explaining the high price of shipping is due to the long overseas distance gap. There's a real possibility here that the customer simply doesn't realize that you are on a different continent. Also know that anything other than politeness could very easily escalate and end up with you having a negative feedback on your record (not to mention drama and annoyance). Just cancel the order with a friendly smile and go about your other business.

The customer was very rude to me, at least it came across that way in the messages.

I explained the situation and told him he should be more polite.

He apologised. All good.

Hey, i need your help!

How can i change my shipping address in bricklink? I made the account but in the starting added to there only the country and town.

Thanks.

I can't get any text to appear on my new wanted list. I want to make a list of the Star Wars minifigs I need. I go to (step 1 select type), minifigs, submit. (step 2 add items) add minifigs, category: Star Wars. Then something is supposed to happen in the box below that (the big one), but there is only a blue stripe. I can't click on it or type there. What should I be doing next on this page? I've ordered plenty of stuff on BL before but haven't tried the wanted list feature. I thought it could be handier than writing lists on scraps of paper, but maybe it won't. Ha, ha, thanks. :hmpf:

@Only Sinner - You might have a web browser issue, or the BL server is being slow. (They have had slowness issues during the past week or so.) But I followed your steps, and when I do it, that big box does get populated with all the SW minifigs. If you're set on this method, I would recommend trying a different browser. I'm on Safari on a Mac, fyi.

I usually use a different method when adding parts to a wanted list. I think what you'll want to do is go to a catalog page for a particular item (in your case a particular minifig). And then click the link that say "Add To My Wanted List". That link takes you to a form that is mostly filled out for you. In the case of bricks, you might change the color, and you can also change the notification settings and min quantity for this item. You can select which wanted list to put it in, and then hit the button to add it.

Hope that made sense to you. I use wanted lists all the time and highly recommend them. You still have the issue of finding a shop that has most of what you want at a reasonable price, but they make it easier to organize what you're after. For instance, I have one list for elements of medium/low priority (like tree leaves and green plates), and then another list for elements I "need" (high priority) to complete some old sets I want to make whole. Then another wanted list for cool minifigs.

I can't get any text to appear on my new wanted list. I want to make a list of the Star Wars minifigs I need. I go to (step 1 select type), minifigs, submit. (step 2 add items) add minifigs, category: Star Wars. Then something is supposed to happen in the box below that (the big one), but there is only a blue stripe. I can't click on it or type there. What should I be doing next on this page? I've ordered plenty of stuff on BL before but haven't tried the wanted list feature. I thought it could be handier than writing lists on scraps of paper, but maybe it won't. Ha, ha, thanks. :hmpf:

Just like Zeya, I do it the other way around. I go to the catalogue section, go through all the SW minifigs (filtered/ordered however way) and when I find ones I want I click "add to my wanted list" then all you have to do is select which wanted list to add it to. In my case it is the SW minifigs or something like that. Thanks for reminding me, I still haven't picked up some from last year...

@Only Sinner - You might have a web browser issue, or the BL server is being slow. (They have had slowness issues during the past week or so.) But I followed your steps, and when I do it, that big box does get populated with all the SW minifigs. If you're set on this method, I would recommend trying a different browser. I'm on Safari on a Mac, fyi.

I usually use a different method when adding parts to a wanted list. I think what you'll want to do is go to a catalog page for a particular item (in your case a particular minifig). And then click the link that say "Add To My Wanted List". That link takes you to a form that is mostly filled out for you. In the case of bricks, you might change the color, and you can also change the notification settings and min quantity for this item. You can select which wanted list to put it in, and then hit the button to add it.

Hope that made sense to you. I use wanted lists all the time and highly recommend them. You still have the issue of finding a shop that has most of what you want at a reasonable price, but they make it easier to organize what you're after. For instance, I have one list for elements of medium/low priority (like tree leaves and green plates), and then another list for elements I "need" (high priority) to complete some old sets I want to make whole. Then another wanted list for cool minifigs.

Just like Zeya, I do it the other way around. I go to the catalogue section, go through all the SW minifigs (filtered/ordered however way) and when I find ones I want I click "add to my wanted list" then all you have to do is select which wanted list to add it to. In my case it is the SW minifigs or something like that. Thanks for reminding me, I still haven't picked up some from last year...

Thanks, guys. I had to go in from the back. (add to wanted list) way. For some reason the list won't auto fill the first time through. It does fill once I'm already in the wanted list page, though.

I'm looking to bricklink the pieces I don't have from a set (Armada Flagship, 6280), and I found a seller who seems to have basically parted that exact set out. Is it bad form to buy all the pieces I need from one seller, even if it means 50+ lots of mostly quantities of 1-5 pieces? It feels like kind of an obnoxious thing to do, but it's also tremendously more practical than using multiple sellers for no reason.

I'm looking to bricklink the pieces I don't have from a set (Armada Flagship, 6280), and I found a seller who seems to have basically parted that exact set out. Is it bad form to buy all the pieces I need from one seller, even if it means 50+ lots of mostly quantities of 1-5 pieces? It feels like kind of an obnoxious thing to do, but it's also tremendously more practical than using multiple sellers for no reason.

Merged with the general Bricklink questions thread.

I don't see why it should be a problem if they offer all of the pieces for sale separately.

I don't see that as a problem either, but you might want to contact the seller about the set first. He might not have parted out the set yet, but only listed the parts. That might save a lot of work on both sides.

I don't think it's a problem. I'd also suggest checking out their splash and Terms & conditions pages. The tone there will let you know how they will react.

My opinion may sound harsh, but the thing is, if they didn't want to dig through lots and lots of Lego pieces to make a sale, then surely they would not open a shop on Bricklink. Either that or they will just tell you that they won't do it.

Not long ago I pieced up a police helicopter that came as part of a police station set from the 90s. The order looked really long and annoying for one of this, three of that, totalling to about $7. Worth it? For me, yes. For the poor guy assembling my order? Not my problem...!

Hello all, A new user of brick link here

Are there any techniques for filling a cart with pieces you need from a specific list of parts such as a set inventory on peeron or similar?

Something that could be used as a means to build a set from bought parts?

Thanks in advance

Liam~

Hello all, A new user of brick link here

Are there any techniques for filling a cart with pieces you need from a specific list of parts such as a set inventory on peeron or similar?

Something that could be used as a means to build a set from bought parts?

Thanks in advance

Liam~

You can create a wanted list from a set inventory on BrickLink. One of the tabs under the "Wanted" tab is "Part Set". This allows you to part out a set straight into a new wanted list, and then you can use that wanted list to find stores.

A follow up on my previous question,

As I currently stand I have made the list from the set and put in all the part quantities I need.

So I can search for sellers and "Auto Fill" My cart with the parts I need (After weeding through as bricklink adds 2x of new part and 2x of used part even if i only need 2x to start with)

So to the point, If I buy these items from a seller with my wanted list automatically delete the parts I have bought from it?

Thank you and sorry if this is worded badly brick link is still very new to me

To my knowledge, no. They will remain in your wishlist until you physically delete them. That way if you wanted multiples of it in the future, you won't have to re-add all of the pieces you want.

And if you put the same pieces into multiple wishlists, you would then have that piece multiples times scattered throughout, so be mindful of deletion if you have that going on too.

Sorry, hope I'm not too late to address this - after your order, immediately after you submit your order, there will be a link near the upper right that says something like "show the items from this order in my wanted list" (I'm not sure of the exact wording). If you click it, it'll open a new window with your wanted list with just the items your ordered - at that point you can delete or adjust the numbers you want.

It would be cool if you could get that link elsewhere (like on your orders page), but to the best of my knowledge, that's the only time it's offered to you.

Sorry, hope I'm not too late to address this - after your order, immediately after you submit your order, there will be a link near the upper right that says something like "show the items from this order in my wanted list" (I'm not sure of the exact wording). If you click it, it'll open a new window with your wanted list with just the items your ordered - at that point you can delete or adjust the numbers you want.

It would be cool if you could get that link elsewhere (like on your orders page), but to the best of my knowledge, that's the only time it's offered to you.

You can get this to show up on your orders page as a little scroll icon for each order. Go to your settings page for orders, where there should be an option to select which columns you would like to have shown in your orders placed screen.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if not, and I can post some screenshots later today.

You can get this to show up on your orders page as a little scroll icon for each order. Go to your settings page for orders, where there should be an option to select which columns you would like to have shown in your orders placed screen.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if not, and I can post some screenshots later today.

Thanks Kristel! I knew there had to be a way of doing that.

What does it mean if I find an item on bricklink that comes in a color that is listed as not existing in any set? Is the part re-colored by a third-party? Specially, I was looking for a seat in tan (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4079). If it were red, it could be the pre-colored version of the brick, but I have no idea of the origins for other colors.

OK, so I'm new at these stuff. I've figured out LDD and LDD Manager and I can get my wanted lists onto Bricklink. What I can't figure out is how to do a search that shows which shops have the most items on my wanted list. I have finished one model off Bricklink that was around 200 bricks and I think I ended up paying a little over $30 and half that was in shipping because I ordered from 3 shops. Please tell me there is a better way!