Buttons

Bricklink questions

Okay, I just had an order arrive from a Bricklink seller in germany (I'm in the UK) and there were a few errors. Some pieces were not included at all, some were included but in the wrong colour, and some were the wrong brick altogether.

Is it reasonable to expect the seller to send me the missing pieces and replacements for the incorrect ones free of charge? Can I get a refund? Or is the only thing I can do leave lousy feedback?

It's common courtesy to communicate first any problems you might've encountered to the seller before leaving any sort of feedback. I've experienced missing/wrong pieces in my BL orders before and all it took was a simple email and fortunately for me the sellers were accommodating enough to send the missing/replacement pieces at no extra charge. So let the seller know first what happened and try to work out things with him/her. :classic:

It's common courtesy to communicate first any problems you might've encountered to the seller before leaving any sort of feedback. I've experienced missing/wrong pieces in my BL orders before and all it took was a simple email and fortunately for me the sellers were accommodating enough to send the missing/replacement pieces at no extra charge. So let the seller know first what happened and try to work out things with him/her. :classic:

Yeah, this is precisely what I did. And he's already got back to me to say he'll send the missing pieces. I felt really bad because he's such a nice fella and the whole correspondence has been really top notch.

Could anyone tell me the name of the small piece used to stand Dirt Bikes up?

Its two small bars that are joined perpendicularly.

Edited by Simple1DEA

I'm new in bricklink and i have a question:For example i want to order joker's funhouse,the batcave and many other sets (not all in once) but i can't find how much the shipping costs.All sellers say that it's callculated depending on weight etc.You have to first order and agree to pay and then see the shipping.And it varies from seller to seller which is inconvinient.I can't just order a 50 euros hoping that the shipping is around 15-20 euros.What if the seller has an extremely high shipping?Can anyone help me?I live in greece if anyone knows anything about shipping to my country.Thanks!

I'm new in bricklink and i have a question:For example i want to order joker's funhouse,the batcave and many other sets (not all in once) but i can't find how much the shipping costs.All sellers say that it's callculated depending on weight etc.You have to first order and agree to pay and then see the shipping.And it varies from seller to seller which is inconvinient.I can't just order a 50 euros hoping that the shipping is around 15-20 euros.What if the seller has an extremely high shipping?Can anyone help me?I live in greece if anyone knows anything about shipping to my country.Thanks!

If you go to your settings on bricklink you can tick a box that says something like "Show weight in shopping cart".

If you go to your settings on bricklink you can tick a box that says something like "Show weight in shopping cart".

I did that but i didn't see any difference.Also when i proceed to checkout it says that i must pay for example 50 dollars.When i pay that will they send me an invoice requesting more money for shipping or is that the actual cost i have to pay and nothing else?

I did that but i didn't see any difference.Also when i proceed to checkout it says that i must pay for example 50 dollars.When i pay that will they send me an invoice requesting more money for shipping or is that the actual cost i have to pay and nothing else?

You generally don't pay when you checkout. Rather, you submit your order and then the seller will send you an invoice which includes shipping costs. Have you checked their splash page or store terms for a shipping table? Also, some sellers are happy to provide a shipping quote if you email them with the details of what you want to purchase and where you live.

Hope this helps.

Kristel

You generally don't pay when you checkout. Rather, you submit your order and then the seller will send you an invoice which includes shipping costs. Have you checked their splash page or store terms for a shipping table? Also, some sellers are happy to provide a shipping quote if you email them with the details of what you want to purchase and where you live.

Hope this helps.

Kristel

I checked the splash page and from the 5 or 6 stores i checked only one had shipping rates.The others just said that they have the best shipping etc.I emailed them and they still haven't answered.I put it in high priority the second time.

I checked the splash page and from the 5 or 6 stores i checked only one had shipping rates.The others just said that they have the best shipping etc.I emailed them and they still haven't answered.I put it in high priority the second time.

With regards to questions, I recommend being specific: ask for costs of concrete weights.

As for buing complete sets from an international seller, I'd recommend checking amazon.co.uk and another European amazon store first. Pretty often, they offer sets of a nice discount.

Buying sets from sellers which are outside of Europe usually doesn't make sense (high shipping costs, usually insurance is required, taxes, customs).

Edited by Brickadeer

With regards to questions, I recommend being specific: ask for costs of concrete weights.

As for buing complete sets from an international seller, I'd recommend checking amazon.co.uk and another European amazon store first. Pretty often, they offer sets of a nice discount.

Buying sets from sellers which are outside of Europe usually doesn't make sense (high shipping costs, usually insurance is required, taxes, customs).

Thanks for the tip!I discovered amazon uk yesterday and decided to use this to buy complete sets and use bricklink if i want some lots of pieces.Amazon uk offers free shipping to european countries which is very good.

Quick question:

How do I create a new wanted list in bricklink? I cannot find it for the life of me! The help page on the topic seems outdated.

Thank you,

Kieran

How do I create a new wanted list in bricklink? I cannot find it for the life of me! The help page on the topic seems outdated.

On the "My Wanted List" page (http://www.bricklink.com/wantedView.asp) scroll down and look on the right under My Wated Lists fr the Add New Wanted List area, type the name & click the button...

On the "My Wanted List" page (http://www.bricklink.../wantedView.asp) scroll down and look on the right under My Wated Lists fr the Add New Wanted List area, type the name & click the button...

Thank you!

Now that I have made my wanted list, I want to find the store in Australia and Oceana that has the majority of the parts on my list.

I am on the "Wanted" main tab, on the sub tab "By Shop".

I can sort by:

Store name

Store Location

Lots (Total)

Lots (Unique)

Items

Which one will show the shops in the order of which has the majority of the parts on my selected wanted list?

First timer, pardon the detailed questions :blush:

Thanks,

Kieran

Which one will show the shops in the order of which has the majority of the parts on my selected wanted list?

The "Lots(Unique)" is the one you want.

The "Lots(Unique)" is the one you want.

A quick answer, from a fellow Australian no less!

Thanks Kristel.

What does it mean if an email in the outbox is not displayed normal (read) or fat (unread), but in italics?

Where do you navigate on BL to change your password? I found the password reset, which I guess would work, but still...

Where do you navigate on BL to change your password? I found the password reset, which I guess would work, but still...

On the "MyBricklink" page, there is a section in the middle, towards the bottom, with a list under the heading of "MyBrickLink". One of those is "My Personal Info". That's where you can change your password.

Is there a way of finding a store that has the most items on your wanted list? (or any similar function)

Also what is the name of the front propellers on The Bat in 76001. I couldn't find it in the propeller category.

Edited by Simple1DEA

Is there a way of finding a store that has the most items on your wanted list? (or any similar function)

Also what is the name of the front propellers on The Bat in 76001. I couldn't find it in the propeller category.

One of the tabs under the "Wanted" tab is "By Shop". Select this tab, and then use the drop down list to sort by "Lots(Unique)".

I think the propellers are these ones: x577 . They are under the "Aircraft" category.

Hi! Does anyone know whether or not coupons (total amount, not a %-age) usually are applied to shipping costs?

Edited by Brickadeer

Also what should I do when someone isn't sending an invoice?

I've made another order at a store on November 19 but no invoice has come. This person has sent several orders to other customers since then. I've sent two messages a while ago which haven't been read yet.

Edited by Simple1DEA