KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

KimT-

Oh my god. I'm trying to be a reviewer for this site. You calling me a lier(although a bit indirectly) how are people going to trust my reviews I do once I pass. I wouldn't lie. That just hurts.

:cry_sad:

Sorry for that :blush:

Let's say you're not lying.

Then there's 2 things that still puzzles me.

How come you filmed the opening of this particular box?

Why would they (TLG & LEGO REP) tell us that the Battle Packs wouldn't include the Chrome Vader in North America?

Congrats on getting one though :thumbup:

It's an awesome minifig that you now have :classic:

Rght, which is why I posted the video to show the unit coming out of the box. :) And whoever that guy was from Lego who said it wasn't in that pack owes us an apology. And I sure hope when that story breaks, I get some credit for proving that it came out of the box.

I sympathize for you. But there was a thing that went out that said they wouldnt be in battle packs. I find it strange that people are getting worked up when the proof is right in front of your eyes!
Edited by starstreak

Well, some people say that you can find a Chrome Vader in all sets except the Battlepacks.

Other people believe that they are in Battlepacks, too.

So I don't know if it's really true what you've been showing us in the video :sceptic:

And how can you know that a Chrome Vader was in your box?

'Bricks'

Sorry for that :blush:

Let's say you're not lying.

Then there's 2 things that still puzzles me.

Why would they (TLG & LEGO REP) tell us that the Battle Packs wouldn't include the Chrome Vader in North America?

Congrats on getting one though :thumbup:

Perhaps its a stuff up, maybe someone put it in by mistake.

Lets face simple facts, the guy said he wants to be a reviewer, this isnt a review.

It was in the box, faked, real, hasnt this thread ran its course, its just debating if it real or fake.

How ever you got one mate, good on you, real or faked, either way its a hell of a mini figure.

Edited by DarthSion

How did you find out this information?

Are you going to share it with the rest of us?

Edited by stash2sixx

After some thought, yes I do agree that you should tell it as it is, the whole story like if you opened it before, you havent told us. If you are honest I doubt anybody will be mad, but if you dont.... you might not be so happy.

I have never tried so hard not to laugh in all my life.

Reminds me of a story i read recently where a 12 year old in England (i think) got so excited over a new lego set he had a asthma attacked and died.

What the heck does that story have to do with this thread? :hmpf_bad: Did you laugh at that story too?? Then you are a really bad person. :sadnew:

(...)

Rght, which is why I posted the video to show the unit coming out of the box. :)

Why don't you tell us why you really taped the opening of that box? It would be easier to believe you if you would. :wink: i.e. do you tape every box opening?

And while you're at it, you could also explain why you did it in your car. :grin:

All- True. If you don't know me, then I can understand. And I wouldn't believe me either. The box was hard to open the way I did as I punched the thumbhole area. If you ever opened the box this way, you know the glued flap for the side of the box is right there. You can't punch in and pull to open, which is what I did. If I tried to open the box the normal way I open these types of boxes, which is by grabing the edge of the back of the back cover and ripping up(like I eventually did in the video) I would have opened it better.

To those that know me or my flickr site- And to me, this is all that matters. If I was joking, I would say its a joke. It's not. And I wouldn't ruin my good name and my flickr site by having 100's of people thing I was lying. Does me no good. If I was a joker, I would get more hits on "youtube" and I would've posted it there under a different name and pointed to it.

As for me telling you how I did it, not gonna happen. Maybe in a few weeks. If. IF there was a way that I knew, I'm not about to have everybody rush out and buy all the boxes with the Chrome Vader inside. That defeats the purpose that Lego wanted it to be done. And no. If I could guess which one has it, I'm gonna buy 50 of em to sell. I may sell a couple if I can get a couple, but I'm not doing this to make ALOT of money. I'll leave that to the people on bricklink whos selling alot of them.

I see what you are saying but unless you give a reasonable answer we cant believe you. What do you have, x-ray specs?

Lucky!

I may be a bit naive, but I believe you that you didn't open it previously to the video shoot. :wink:

But this makes me wonder how you got this video. I'm guessing you were recording every set you bought this year, hoping to get a Vader, and got lucky this time.

:laugh: Haha! Yeah, right! I don't think ONE minifig (Chrome or not) makes a big difference in the weight, and even if it does, I don't think Starstreak actually measured its weight before opening it.

okay you maybe right unless you bring a weight that measures grams. the second idea is that when you shook it nah.

Just make sure to tell us how you figured out which box the Chrome Vader was in.

I'd so love to hear how you did it. :classic:

Let's skip discussing wether this is true or fake.

We can either believe or not - the rant must come to an end now.

:vader:

Just make sure to tell us how you figured out which box the Chrome Vader was in.

I'd so love to hear how you did it. :classic:

Let's skip discussing wether this is true or fake.

We can either believe or not - the rant must come to an end now.

:vader:

Agreed on both points. I would really like to know how you knew there would be one in the box. The conventional method (of weighing it with a precise scale) is likely, but you'd get some weird looks walking into a store and weighing all the SW LEGO sets. I await your revelation! :tongue:

I would've guessed lego would off-set the box (remove extra pieces that's in the box) but let me know how that works.

Agreed on both points. I would really like to know how you knew there would be one in the box. The conventional method (of weighing it with a precise scale) is likely, but you'd get some weird looks walking into a store and weighing all the SW LEGO sets. I await your revelation! :tongue:
Edited by starstreak

The conventional method (of weighing it with a precise scale) is likely, but you'd get some weird looks walking into a store and weighing all the SW LEGO sets.

I would be willing to accept those weird looks for a Vader or two.

But anyways, I don't get it. It seems that everybody around me can get their hands on several chrome Vader's and 3-PO's. How is it that I can never find any of the special promotional things out there?

Flickr (And Eurobricks) member Starstreak has posted a video of him getting a Chrome Vader. He says that he knew from some secret method that he would have one in that box, but he won't say how... :sceptic:

Here's the video: LINK

Does anyone know the method that is used here? :classic:

I don't see why discussing starstreak's particular method needs its own thread, but if this is a general thread about collecting & discussing ideas on how to strategically find a Chrome Vader, I guess this is a good thread. :thumbup:

I'm guessing shaking the box is a good method, especially if it's a BP. If there is an extra bag with a chrome Vader in there, you should be able to hear less rattling than in other boxes.

Others suggested difference in weight. This makes sense, I guess, even though the difference would be minimal. And I doubt that anyone would walk into a toy store with a scale in their hand. Besides, I don't think the store owners would allow anyone to weigh every single set in their store. :wink:

I can't really think of anything else. Nothing plausible at least. :tongue:

I guess just shaking the boxes as Oky said. The shop owner might get a little angry with you though :tongue: .

I vaguely remember a similar topic back in 2007, during the C3PO craze. Someone supposedly had some device, in which they created a small hole in the box, and the device would create an image of the box's contents. It was pretty cool, although it probably didn't go over well with store owners... :laugh::wacko:

I vaguely remember a similar topic back in 2007, during the C3PO craze. Someone supposedly had some device, in which they created a small hole in the box, and the device would create an image of the box's contents. It was pretty cool, although it probably didn't go over well with store owners... :laugh::wacko:

It sounds like a camera :grin: .

Edited by Skipper 24

No, it wasn't a camera, he posted the images it took. It was more like a 3 dimensional image. It seemed pretty high-tech to me, probably more trouble than it was worth...

I'm not insulting you for making this video I'm saying why I don't believe this one bit. :sceptic: The intro to your video was along the lines of"Who wants see something awesome?" :hmpf: The tone of your voice clearly has a very detectable,sarcastic appeal to it.(The opening of the box was a mess-up on your part,"heh, it won't open)

You said if you told us the secret of finding it it would defeat the purpose of Lego putting them in there randomly,Yet you were the one who broke the system and did it for yourself.You even said that you weren't doing this to make money in one of your later posts,but earlier post you said you'd be willing to trade or sell somethings for it.

You really shouldn't copy and paste explanations from the flickr comments, It hurt you stand point a little more than it should of.

I'm sorry for ranting about this,it has been bugging me for awhile. :blush:

It's probably not worth the trouble just for a little plastic guy. :tongue:

But, if there is an easy method I'd love to hear about it. :wink:

EDIT: KimT, if you don't think this is worth keeping open feel free to close it. :classic:

The only reasonable method that I can fathom, which was suggested at TBB, is to buy a bunch of sets, take them home, weigh them and return the ones that don't pan out...

Not sure how that would go over at the store though...

Steve