KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

I tried to email Lego about wether or not the UK would be getting any, here was the reply:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It's great to hear you're interested in our Darth Vader promotions.

The conditions vary from one country to another so we don't have any additional information yet.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Best wishes

Belen Ballesteros

LEGO Direct

So it would seem even Lego dont know!

Hi,

Well that reply from LEGO was about as much use a chocolate fire guard :pir-hmpf:

Almost seem to be saying either "we know but we are not telling you", or even perhaps "we dont know, but were not going to tell you we dont know"

I would find it very difficult to believe that these types of promotions are not planned well in advance [probably at least 12 months or more], and that they do know. I would have thought these types of promotions would be communicated at the toy fairs when they are looking at taking the big orders of the buyers and would be using these types of promotions as leaders to increase order values.

Do any of the mods know if this a secret that TLG are not going to let us know about?

Regards Alex.

I heard that it was only a US exclusive, much like the chrome 3SO's : )

Today i shaked two of the same set (assassin battle pack) and they sounded different (made me think vader was in it) and it didnt have vader. That stinks. Maybe the other had him...

Today i shaked two of the same set (assassin battle pack) and they sounded different (made me think vader was in it) and it didnt have vader. That stinks. Maybe the other had him...

Well considering TLG doesn't put him in the Battle Packs, I highly doubt that. :tongue:

Someone said they found one in a battle pack

That wont happen.

The 8014 & 8015 wont have the Darth Vader promotional, TLG stated that waaaaay back.

I know it might be hard, but if you want to know all about this, then please read the entire topic and follow the links by LEGOscum. - there's plenty of info to be found in this topic.

So people, don't rush the stores for battle packs, hoping you'll get a Vader, there's no chance.

Buy the other sets instead.

That wont happen.

The 8014 & 8015 wont have the Darth Vader promotional, TLG stated that waaaaay back.

I know it might be hard, but if you want to know all about this, then please read the entire topic and follow the links by LEGOscum. - there's plenty of info to be found in this topic.

So people, don't rush the stores for battle packs, hoping you'll get a Vader, there's no chance.

Buy the other sets instead.

Actully

I know it's strange - as even i heard straight from TLG they won't be. But there are at least 3 cases i know of of trusted people saying they found they in 8014 Clone BP's :sceptic:

Hmmm...

That sounds odd, but perhaps they got the wrong person placing them randomly.

Perhaps he doesn't know about the non-8014 & 8015 rule...

That would be one neat surprise getting one of these in a battle pack.

It sure would drool.pngdrool.pngdrool.png

:cry_happy:

But i kinda have no chance seeing as i live in NZ and all... But you never know... I managed to get my hands on a C-3PO :thumbup:

Edited by legoman

In the U.S.:

Is it placed in random boxes of Darth Vader's tie or do you have to go to a special store or event?

Thanks

In the U.S.:

Is it placed in random boxes of Darth Vader's tie or do you have to go to a special store or event?

Thanks

:hmpf:

Have you taken ANY time to read this topic? The answer is everywhere!

But if you missed it:

There are 10,000 Darth Vader's randomly placed in ANY 2009 Star Wars sets (excluding Battlepacks? -thats debatible) - US only

Total 85,000 Worldwide. Where the rest will go is currently unknown - apart from 1,000 in Sweden and a romoured unknown amount in a German promo.

Edited by legoman

Hi guys,

Got this reply from lego uk after sending an essay complaining of the wrongs of how unfair life is when you can't get hold of a chrome Vader!

Dear Dan,Thanks for getting in touch with us again. We can understand your disappointment regarding the current LEGO US Chrome Darth Vader promotion. In the US they put randomly Chrome Darth Vader figures into current LEGO Star Wars sets. However, I can reveal to you that a Chrome Darth Vader promotion will also happen in the UK this year. It will be different to the US as we can't put the figures randomly into sets. Also it is not yet decided how to give the figures away. Therefore I would advise you to keep an open eye and you might be lucky get one of the Special Edition Chrome Darth Vaders. Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts on 00800 5346 5555 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com. Best regards Thomas GötzeLEGO Direct

there is still hope then......

Hi guys,

Got this reply from lego uk after sending an essay complaining of the wrongs of how unfair life is when you can't get hold of a chrome Vader!

Dear Dan,Thanks for getting in touch with us again. We can understand your disappointment regarding the current LEGO US Chrome Darth Vader promotion. In the US they put randomly Chrome Darth Vader figures into current LEGO Star Wars sets. However, I can reveal to you that a Chrome Darth Vader promotion will also happen in the UK this year. It will be different to the US as we can't put the figures randomly into sets. Also it is not yet decided how to give the figures away. Therefore I would advise you to keep an open eye and you might be lucky get one of the Special Edition Chrome Darth Vaders. Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts on 00800 5346 5555 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com. Best regards Thomas GötzeLEGO Direct

there is still hope then......

But how?

@Danthebrick:

Could you post the exact mail you send and where exactly cause I'd like to send the same one in France...I want to know if there is any chance to have it here!

@Danthebrick:

Could you post the exact mail you send and where exactly cause I'd like to send the same one in France...I want to know if there is any chance to have it here!

:hmpf:

Have you taken ANY time to read this topic? The answer is everywhere!

But if you missed it:

There are 10,000 Darth Vader's randomly placed in ANY 2009 Star Wars sets (excluding Battlepacks? -thats debatible) - US only

Total 85,000 Worldwide. Where the rest will go is currently unknown - apart from 1,000 in Sweden and a romoured unknown amount in a German promo.

That should be your answer.

In the future you should consider using the personal message system instead of posting when talking to another member.

Thats so cool im so jealous of anyone who has 1 of them!! its so shiny :tongue: :tongue:

Hello this is PUGSX3 I have just found a black chrome vader in a clonetrooper battle pack I purchased before christmas I was very surprised to find it I Had read that they were not to be in the battlepacks I live in the USA and am very HAPPY

Hello this is PUGSX3 I have just found a black chrome vader in a clonetrooper battle pack I purchased before christmas I was very surprised to find it I Had read that they were not to be in the battlepacks I live in the USA and am very HAPPY

Are you serious? ...warms up car to do some hardcore box rattaling... I bet you're happy! Any pictures?

Are you serious? ...warms up car to do some hardcore box rattaling... I bet you're happy! Any pictures?

I hear ya man. So what noise does the bag make, is there a specific detail on the box, wow! Damn, I need to go to the Lego store!

This better not be a trick! :vader:

Edited by ROCON

I hear ya man. So what noise does the bag make, is there a specific detail on the box, wow! Damn, I need to go to the Lego store!

This better not be a trick! :vader:

There's no details on the pack.

That's what randomly inserted means :wink:

Luck and amount of money spend on sets will improve your chance.

If you are really dedicated bring your digital weighing scale, with this you should be able to pick em out pretty quick if the weight difference is substantial enough, especially with battle packs.

Friends of mine used to do this when there was an action in Holland that they added Flippo's to bags of chips and that worked, they did allready have the weighing scale in the fruit section which made it easier :)

Not intended as help for vultures that want to make E-bay profits :-<

If you are really dedicated bring your digital weighing scale, with this you should be able to pick em out pretty quick if the weight difference is substantial enough, especially with battle packs.

Friends of mine used to do this when there was an action in Holland that they added Flippo's to bags of chips and that worked, they did allready have the weighing scale in the fruit section which made it easier :)

Not intended as help for vultures that want to make E-bay profits :-<

I had the same idea, but my scale is made for weighing small items and can't handle big Lego boxes.

I may have to try this on a battle pack.

Here's my video link:

VIDEO

3342923158_9b5c01ac8e.jpg

update: I promise I didn't open the box before I took the shot. That's the one I got in the photo, if it's not the Chrome version of D.Vader let me know before I get a ton of people mad at me. :) If you think it's neat enough to post on the main news page you can if you want.

Edited by starstreak