KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

In Sweden they got a 1000 of these chrome black Darth Vaders as "give-aways" when people bought the 8017 Vader's Tie.

It's an anniversary PR stunt.

Buy one and get the special Darth for free.

I'll have to call LEGO tomorrow to check if there is same promotion in my neighborhood.

BTW, what kind store was that? was it LEGO-store?

Wow :oh: , that simply a beautiful and awesome minifig :wub::cry_happy::thumbup: , thanks Ras for the news :thumbup: . Well, if this minifig is not released in the US than I probably will buy it via eBay or Bricklink :laugh: . After all this minifig looks so awesome, really congrats TLC :sweet::thumbup: .

Edited by darkrebellion

do you get it for pre-ordering the set, or is it just the first 1000 people to buy the set? I'm going to be stopping by TRU every day to see if they have the ties in, just because of this :pir-grin:

Edited by Tinn-man

I just can not picture seeing that in person. I don't even know how chrome black exists! :tongue: That's amazing. :wub:

~Peace

Superb! A minifig in a polybag, which is in chrome black. This is really a very good buy. I really wonder how much of that is released to the rest of the world. As Ras has mentioned, let's hang on! :tongue:

I am very confused. Can someone explain to me on how I can go about obtaining one of these chrome Darth Vaders? I live in the U.S. and I don't know how things will work out here.

The only way that I know of for preordering this set in the U.S. is through amazon.com, which also offers preorders for almost all of the January 2009 sets. I just don't know if Amazon would actually throw in a bonus promotional polybag... frankly, I doubt it :sceptic:

Man, I'm already mopping the floor up due to the drool I had when I saw this. It's one hella splendid Vader here!

Wow, I want that Vader.

I might actually get a Star Wars set just so that I can get that Minifig... :classic:

As Kim said!

This was a bonus.

It did not came in the set 8017.

It came in a polybag on the side.

It was in my local toystore.

No big chain of stores (we got TRU here as well).

But you guys in the states might check it out, it can be so that they will have it.

Call LEGO in your country to find out.

Random stores got this promotional item.

Look at the first post by Kim and see the polybag it came in.

This is a 10 years anniversary thing, so there fore I think there will really be many made of this.

Comparision pic:

post-114-1228197755.jpg

Note that the Vader in the set of 8017 is the same as the Vader in the DS (10188)!

Hope this clarify stuff.

-Ras-

I picked up a chrome Vader yesterday when I got the new TIE. :-) (399 SEK) at Sagoland in Linköping (Sweden).

They had 3 more polybags left yesterday evening. (both TIE's and polybags was behind the counter.

I have yet to open the polybag, but I noticed that the legs was attached with the torso.Are they glued togheter? Is this the case in all bags?

Cheers!

Edited by a53021

Aaaargh!!! Don't you guys ever move to the north parts of sweden if you ever want to take advantage of any of theese kinds of campaigns. Because to no suprise there is no store in my area that has this offer. :hmpf_bad:

Is there anyone in the north of Sweden that has found this offer in their local stores? If so where?

wright... I phoned LEGO, I phoned LEGO stores, I even phoned TRU... no one had any idea about this promo here in UK :/

they were even surprised, that I already know what kind of sets there will be in 2009 :hmpf_bad:

I don't think I will ever be able to get that chrome black Vader minifig.. :cry_sad:

And the set comes out next year in my country.. :cry_sad:

Or..will they put that minifig in some of the sets in ALL countries?

Edited by General Magma

I picked up a chrome Vader yesterday when I got the new TIE. :-) (399 SEK) at Sagoland in Linköping (Sweden).

They had 3 more polybags left yesterday evening. (both TIE's and polybags was behind the counter.

I have yet to open the polybag, but I noticed that the legs was attached with the torso.Are they glued togheter? Is this the case in all bags?

Cheers!

Linköping...

Why not in southern Skåne? :hmpf_bad:

Aaaargh!!! Don't you guys ever move to the north parts of sweden if you ever want to take advantage of any of theese kinds of campaigns. Because to no suprise there is no store in my area that has this offer. :hmpf_bad:

Is there anyone in the north of Sweden that has found this offer in their local stores? If so where?

Yeah, same with the southest part of Sweden, there are no shops in Helsingborg (or any other shops in southern Skåne) that have any other promo items, except Barnens Hus (Leklust toychain), which gave away mini V-19 Torrents to anyone who bought SW-lego, that´s the only promotional set I´ve ever picked up myself. :hmpf_bad:

It seems like TLC choose the stores they give it to, all sets seem to be in big(ger) cities.

Why not here?

That helmet looks pretty cool in black chrome. Congrats on getting it.

Hope this will be availble all over the world

Hope this will be availble all over the world
I'm looking into that question - I'll be back :vader:!

CopMike

Looks like Lord Vader was jealous that only C3po got a shiny chrome minifig. :tongue:

Personally I don't want an extra Vader, but I hope that this action will be worldwide in every shop. On legoworld there was a mother who asked the designers why Vader was only put in Big expensive sets. Her son wanted a vader, but the prizes for a vader alone was already ridiculous.

They maybe must make sets like 7200 - 7204 again. I understand they cannot make star wars impulsesets, but for a child it is not easy to collect money for bigger sets.

Btw; Nice white jedi starfighter, Copmike. :thumbup:

Edited by Wout

I hope we can get it here in Spain. Last time when TRU had the Clone Wars promotional tie fighter, I didn't get it. I'll ask tomorrow to my local toystore.