daoudbazaar

Review : 7683 - Fight on the Flying Wing

Looks pretty cool, however the price seems too expensive IMO. Anyway it's a great set with great minifigures. The truck and wing are simple but effective. Still they both scream to add some mods here and there. :cry_happy:

Ha! If you've paid any real attention to what other people are saying, the ship is actually the most applauded and celebrated set in the line-up. :tongue: And there's absolutely nothing <insert that tiresome argument> (as in overly simplified, bulky or childish) about the sets, you guys are just farming the word because the sets contain some elements you don't like. Some of the old sails had skulls in them as well, so don't get started on that!

I think you misunderstood my comment? I meant that it really doesn't matter if Brickbeard's Bounty has those bigger pieces.

GAH! By the time I get ONE new set, all of them will have been found, customised and reviewed (again)

Ah well. At least reading that pretty good review satisfies my lust for lego! :tongue:

Thanks. :thumbup:

congratulations for your new set :thumbup:

Thanks for the review...

This is a fiction aircraft from Lucas film creations, but with this aerodynamics it’s possible to fly, :classic:

It is also a great design.

Great set, Indiana Jones is always a got choise

Thanks for bringing us such a great review, daoudbazaar! It's much appreciated. :grin: This is an exciting set and I can't wait to get my hands on one. That truck is a little odd, though, isn't it? It's cool, but the front does seem like someone added some pieces together from a sorting bin and just stuck it on there. Unfortunate, but the plane itself is incredibly cool.

I think you misunderstood my comment? I meant that it really doesn't matter if Brickbeard's Bounty has those bigger pieces.

dax, this topic is about the Flying Wing, please take debates about the Pirates line elsewhere. Thank you.

Thanks for the review! I'm in agreement that the single wing piece is disappointing, to put it lightly. I'd much rather pay five dollars more for multiple-piece wings than this decal-laden single-piece wing. The best part about the multi-piece wing is that it wouldn't need decals, and you really could stage the fight from the movie on it, as opposed to being restricted to wherever there are studs. Of course, I'm heavily biased against decals, so take that comment with the appropriate grain of salt.

The new printed clear pieces are nice, and I'm a huge fan of the canopy design opening like that. Though it makes me wonder whatever happened to the hinged canopy design on the older town vehicles...

Very nice review :thumbup:

This is so one set to get. Which we got it here as well.

Can you post a nice and big pic of the inventory side/s?

Thanks in advance.

-Ras-

Thanks for bringing us this amazing review :wub:

This is a must have. I just love the looks of this plane!

WOW great review, but the truck does look a little funky

Also Im not really digging the MASSIVE wing piece TLC came up with(although it cheaper that way)

The torso might be new. The pattern of the head has been seen in Spider-Man's Train Rescue an IJ Race for the Stolen Treasure, but this man is younger. His moustache is still brown.
This is the head from the two sets you were talking about:

3626bpb203.jpg

This is the one that came from the flying wing:

7683-badguy.jpg

Thanks for this lovely review. :sweet: I enjoyed viewing the Flying Wing very much. In fact, I think the design is done in a realistic manner, compared to the movie. I am very pleased with this set. Although some of us feel that the oil tanker is kind of ugly, but I think it's not bad in a way. At least, the color scheme looks compatible with the truck in earlier sets. Among the soldiers, the german torsos are still the nice looking. A great set, but a little costly though.

Thank you for the nice review.

The set looks good enough. Although I personally don't like the big wing, the green and dark green tones are very nice.

A nice scene from Raiders of the lost ark.

7683-badguy.jpg

Man, what a body :wub::tongue:

The torso looks like a cool piece, but wasn't that german a litle fatter? He looks so homosexual.

it looks ok but it does not seem to be what i thought it would be :sceptic: . i was hoping for some moore details than this. but i do like the printed windows a lot along with the fighter minifig! but overall im notshure if this is the indy set for me...

i know you probably wont read this but may i say this one of the best indy sets so far i love how they make it look camouflaged! :wub:

Great to see a review of a set that isn't officially released and it is just a great review.

Thanks for the review! The figs are great, especially that German mechanic. They even changed the mustache and eyebrow color! :thumbup: The truck, however, is not that great. It looked a lot better in the prelim pics, but now the oil tank is a lot smaller and the front is so... plain. The Flying Wing is great though, even if it did use that ridiculous wing piece and stickers. 60 EUR, you say? Hm... if it was a bit cheaper, I'd have no hesitation in buying it... but I probably will anyways. :tongue:

:thumbup: