Ronan Nissen

Did these lightsabers come with sets?

A while ago I noticed that there were different lightsabers on the covers for 1999 sets. I was wondering did these lightsabers come with those sets or were they just preliminary. And also are they available anywhere.

They can be found here:

c99us.gif

Here:

c99in.gif

And here:

7101-1.jpg

Edited by Ronan Nissen

You mean the chrome lightsabers? Those were in all the original sets which had Jedi and were used up until just a few years ago. I have quite a few of them, more than I have of the new grey ones, actually. Maybe someone who knows more than I about this topic can fill in the rest for you, like when they were were used and the last set they appeared in.

Are you referring to the hilt, or the color of the lightsaber itself ?

In case of the latter: I think this is just some photoshopping, used for promotion like the advertisement :wink:

Not tóó sure on that, though :blush:

Greetings,

CF W

You mean the chrome lightsabers?

No I mean the hilt is different to the sets after 1999.

Are you referring to the hilt, or the color of the lightsaber itself ?

Yes Im reffering to the hilt.

I see what you mean, they do look slightly different. :oh3: I'm pretty sure that they were just preliminary.

Yeah, Lightsaber hilts only started being plain Grey after '05, or so.

I remember it happened around the same time as Flesh Minifigs, and Revenge Of The Sith so. . .

I never noticed that, but it looks like the pictures have thinner handles on the end with horizontal rings. These did not come with the sets, though. I have many handles from the last 10 years and they are all the same shape. (except for Dooku and Asajj, of course.)

I never noticed that, but it looks like the pictures have thinner handles on the end with horizontal rings. These did not come with the sets, though. I have many handles from the last 10 years and they are all the same shape. (except for Dooku and Asajj, of course.)

Agreed.

They added the 4 small pins on the sides of the hilt to the model that went into production.

Thanks!

What you might be seeing is the fact that Lego likes to put the blades in the lightsabers upside down, making it appear as if they are different than the ones released. The only difference has been the change to grey.

I noticed this when I ordered an MISB 1999 set off of BL. The catalog it came with showed these pics. I was curious too. Though I didn't notice the four nubs until now. But notice- Qui-Gon Jinn's hair is smooth!

The answer to your question is no; the lightsaber hilts were the same shape as all of the other ones produced. The picture may have been preliminary or edited. :classic:

I think they are prelim. As well as the 4 ridges at the base missing look at the part they are holding in the 1st pic there is a little ridge. I doubt a minifig could hold that.

I agree, those pics are probably just prelim.

Btw, did anyone think about the fact that you could use the new telescope piece from the Pirates line as a lightsaber hilt? :sweet:

I did after the fbtb comic. Also look at the LS blade Luke is holding in his pilot suite (spelling). They do the in Photoshop all thin back then now they have rounded ends like on the jedi duel box

I agree, those pics are probably just prelim.

Btw, did anyone think about the fact that you could use the new telescope piece from the Pirates line as a lightsaber hilt? :sweet:

I did! :tongue: