Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Mr.Freeze's Armoured Truck

theaterindex.gif

Hello all, I've been meaning to post this for a while as part of the next Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat but realised this armoured truck was too big and detailed to not get its own thread.

p1250278.jpg

By now you have realised there is no free scone and that my true plan was to lure you here! :devil:

p1250279.jpg

This vehicle is heavily based off the BTAS animated Freeze truck which he used to steal various parts for his giant freeze ray (the episode was called Heart of Ice and is still one of the finest Batman tales ever):

p1250280.jpg

One difference is the lack of side door which was too hard to incorporate, instead I put a rear door:

p1250290.jpg

It may look small in there but trust me, this thing is way bigger than normal TLC van type trucks, and can fit five people in it:

p1250283.jpg

The printed piece I've now found another of so it is on both sides now, it is meant to represent some of the cooling technology integrated within:

p1250285.jpg

Like in the animated series the side panel opens to allow for gunfire or freeze ray mayhem:

p1250293.jpg

The top also opens up like in the episode to allow for Mr Freeze to fire his ice beams:

p1250295.jpg

Here he is firing the freeze ray with a henchman below taking sideshots:

p1250296.jpg

Side shot of the scenario:

p1250297.jpg

Open sesame!

p1250300.jpg

Final shot of the gang:

p1250301.jpg

Thanks for looking and compliments are not just appreciated, they are mandatory! :tongue:

Oh, and here's my favourite scene from Heart of Ice.

Batbrick Today! :devil:

Wow, a fantastic job you did there Batbrick :sweet:

I think it looks really a lot like Mr. Freeze's van in that episode.

It's large, nice color too, and I like the little details like the printed plates for the cooling-technology.

And of course the hatches for Mr. Freeze's beam *imagines the scene with the frozen door, and the van chrashing through it*.

Excellent piece of work ! :thumbup:

Greetings,

CF W

By now you have realised there is no free scone and that my true plan was to lure you here! :devil:

p1250301.jpg

NOOOOOOOO IT T'WAS A TRAP! :cry_sad::angry::sing:

Errm anyway...I like the Henchmen for some reason...They just look cool Maybe 'cos I like blue and stuff... :look: Also weren't the TLC Mr.Freeze henchmen Medium Blue? I dont care dark blue looks good if not better. :sweet:

Nice truck to, Very SNOTTY :wub:

I like everything about the truck even though im not a HUGE BAT-FAN like yourself. :blush:

Oh and Mr.Freeze is my favourite Batman villain. :classic:

Edited by Darth_Legois

That has to be one of the best MOC trucks I've seen in all my lurking days. The only thing I would add is a bit more.. well, I was going to say blue, but now that I look at it, that gray fits Freeze just as well. :thumbup:

awesome truck. i like the usage of arch brick for the wheel fenders. nice wheels too. the truck look really fierceful. :thumbup:

Cool! :thumbup: (No pun intended)

Finally a nice Mr. Freeze MOC! As you say, it seems very influenced by BTAS, even though that one had a rounder hood, I believe. It also reminds me of the part in Sub Zero where Freeze kidnaps Barbara!

But I still think that the commander pistols from the Clone Wars sets are the perfect Freeze Gun.

Here is a neat compilation of the best scenes from Heart of Ice: Enjoy!

Mr. Freeze ON!

Very Nice. :thumbup:

Love all the hatches and the heavy look.

By coincidence I was logging on to start uploading my freeze stuff and was womdering whether I should start a new topic.

I guess I'll follow your example.

Beautiful MOC Batbrick! O love this truck, excellent use of SNOT on the sides and front. I am glad Mr. Freeze is finally getting some larger MOC's, he is my favorite Batman Villain.

Thanks SCG! I'm glad too Mr Freeze is getting mocs recently, I agree he is a fantastic villain and sadly underrated.

Wow, a fantastic job you did there Batbrick :sweet:

I think it looks really a lot like Mr. Freeze's van in that episode.

It's large, nice color too, and I like the little details like the printed plates for the cooling-technology.

And of course the hatches for Mr. Freeze's beam *imagines the scene with the frozen door, and the van chrashing through it*.

Excellent piece of work ! :thumbup:

Thanks mate, I love that literal gate-crashing scene, perhaps I'll do a moc of it one day?

Errm anyway...I like the Henchmen for some reason...They just look cool Maybe 'cos I like blue and stuff... :look: Also weren't the TLC Mr.Freeze henchmen Medium Blue? I dont care dark blue looks good if not better. :sweet:

Nice truck to, Very SNOTTY :wub:

I like everything about the truck even though im not a HUGE BAT-FAN like yourself. :blush:

Oh and Mr.Freeze is my favourite Batman villain. :classic: [/color]

Actually these guys are normal blue, I don't have dark blue torsos. Thanks for the compliments though, great to see another Freeze fan!

That has to be one of the best MOC trucks I've seen in all my lurking days. The only thing I would add is a bit more.. well, I was going to say blue, but now that I look at it, that gray fits Freeze just as well. :thumbup:

Thankyou very much! I'm really glad the truck turned out that good :cry_happy:

awesome truck. i like the usage of arch brick for the wheel fenders. nice wheels too. the truck look really fierceful. :thumbup:

Thanks, I also feel the arches look good as fenders. Sadly I have none of those pieces left now...

Cool! :thumbup: (No pun intended)

Finally a nice Mr. Freeze MOC! As you say, it seems very influenced by BTAS, even though that one had a rounder hood, I believe. It also reminds me of the part in Sub Zero where Freeze kidnaps Barbara!

But I still think that the commander pistols from the Clone Wars sets are the perfect Freeze Gun.

Here is a neat compilation of the best scenes from Heart of Ice: Enjoy!

Thanks as always Oky friend, glad to see another BTAS fan. Yes, that one did have a rounder hood and also a dome not hatch on top, but still I'm happy with it. Oh, and I love that Subzero part! I had forgotten the truck was there as well!

Great idea with the clone guns, I don't yet have any but next year I'll get a couple of those Clone battlepacks for the pieces and make it his gun. Thanks for the idea.

Oh, and I love that compilation, thanks for posting.

Very Nice. :thumbup:

Love all the hatches and the heavy look.

By coincidence I was logging on to start uploading my freeze stuff and was womdering whether I should start a new topic.

I guess I'll follow your example.

Thanks Righteous Squid, I love your Freeze work too, thanks for posting.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Actually these guys are normal blue, I don't have dark blue torsos. Thanks for the compliments though, great to see another Freeze fan!

Oh sorry, I meant normal blue vs medium blue....not dark :blush::grin::wacko:

Turns out they were normal blue...Some reason I thought they where medium... :blush:

Great work, Batbrick! ) :thumbup:

Stunning work! It looks menacing, sturdy and very Freeze-like. )))) Kind of an armored fridge.... ) :laugh:

Keep your great MOCs up! ) :cry_happy:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Wonderful, absolutely beautiful. But enough about me, onto the MOC. :laugh:

I love the front shot here, with the armoured, wide look. It makes it look tough and strong, as does the armoured roof. I like how the hatch on the roof is mostly hidden amongst the rest of the detailing. There looks to be a decent amount of space inside, which is aways important in a trasport. I think the sides between the wheels perhaps need bringing out to the same level as the side of the truck, but that's a minor niggle. This is still a great MOC though, and I now realise I need to go back and watch Heart of Ice to take a look at the reference material.

Great work, Batbrick! ) :thumbup:

Stunning work! It looks menacing, sturdy and very Freeze-like. )))) Kind of an armored fridge.... ) :laugh:

Keep your great MOCs up! ) :cry_happy:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks friend, very much appreciated. You're right, it is a bit like an armoured fridge :laugh:

great MOC. Love the front and side details.

Thanks, glad the front looks good.

Wonderful, absolutely beautiful. But enough about me, onto the MOC. :laugh:

Oh shutup you :grin:

I love the front shot here, with the armoured, wide look. It makes it look tough and strong, as does the armoured roof. I like how the hatch on the roof is mostly hidden amongst the rest of the detailing. There looks to be a decent amount of space inside, which is aways important in a trasport. I think the sides between the wheels perhaps need bringing out to the same level as the side of the truck, but that's a minor niggle. This is still a great MOC though, and I now realise I need to go back and watch Heart of Ice to take a look at the reference material.

Thanks mate, glad you like the slightly hidden roof hatch. I do agree the sides at the wheels would look better out more but they can't be, otherwise they would be touching the wheels unfortunately. Now hurry up and go watch Heart of Ice again!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

great job! with all the pressure gages it looks like a rolling freezer! :tongue: in a good way! :cry_happy: but the henchmen should have those weird Eskimo coats!

Great idea with the clone guns, I don't yet have any but next year I'll get a couple of those Clone battlepacks for the pieces and make it his gun. Thanks for the idea.

Ah, but there's the rub! The pistols in the 2009 clone BP are black! :sceptic: The Freeze gun is grey, so I'd suggest you get one of the sets from this year, like the Homing Spider Droid set. :wink:

Great! love all the details you have in it. And it looks very nice for an 8-wide. :thumbup: And all of the doors make it an ideal battletruck. Great work.

no free scone

Damn. They are so good!

Scone.jpg