Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Vesta's Raffle

Want the extra pieces it takes to make your own Vesta's windmill?

vestas_raffle.jpg

Here's your chance! We are holding a raffle for the exclusive pieces shown in this picture. Raffle tickets are $5.00 USD/ticket. This raffle will be limited to 50 tickets, so sign up now!

Raffle Includes:

• Vesta's Windmill instructions
  • 4 green BURPs
  • Vesta's sticker sheets
  • white technic axles

Make sure to follow these instructions!!

• Only one ticket per member
  • No shipping costs
  • Only Eurobricks members who signed up for the site on or before November 23rd, 2008 are eligible
  • All current and former staff member are ineligible
  • All proceeds will go to Eurobricks operating costs (software, server, etc...)
  • Important: Once you've purchased your raffle ticket, PM me immediately with your paypal e-mail address so I can match the payments with the user. If I can't match a payment to a user, the payment will be refunded and you will lose your raffle slot...

Questions? Comments?

Purchase your ticket here

Aww why did you get me excited like that? :hmpf_bad:

I dunno if I'll enter but those Green BURPS... I'll see what I can do!

As I've said, I make it a point to enter as many raffles as possible, so of course I had to enter this one too. :classic:

I don't see your logic with that Quaryman. But anyway I would rather not enter. Sorry.

It's just for fun anyway, so there doesn't have to be any logic :wink:

Well, A $ 5 for the chance to win 4 Burp pieces looks like nothing... but if you took the time to look on Bricklink, you'll see there is only 1 selling the BURP's, and asking $ 12 a piece for it... so I for one think that's a great raffle !!

I won't enter this one for a much simpler reason, I don't have the cashflow right now.. and I'm working on my new project that don't invaulve any BURP's ;)

GREAT WORK EB-STAFF !!!! Keep up the good work !

Saint

Edited by Saint

Just a small question that has bothered me (especially since I had the chance to check it myself):

Are the standard adapter cables from S@H (9v and PF) long enough? The model requires two, but they felt longer than the ones I have bought separately.

Just a small question that has bothered me (especially since I had the chance to check it myself):

Are the standard adapter cables from S@H (9v and PF) long enough? The model requires two, but they felt longer than the ones I have bought separately.

Yes. They're about 30 cm (11,8 inch) longer. So the package doesn't seem to include all exclusive items from the set. But since they're not visible they can easily be replaced with this one. You just have to use more of them.

Edited by Mirandir

since i live in Indonesia,

is this raffle included shipping and handling cost for the winner?

Yes. They're about 30 cm (11,8 inch) longer. So the package doesn't seem to include all exclusive items from the set. But since they're not visible they can easily be replaced with this one. You just have to use more of them.

Using the same argument, you can also build the green BURPs this way.

I just thought it would be nice if all the special parts were in the raffle.

since i live in Indonesia,

is this raffle included shipping and handling cost for the winner?

Doesn't matter where you live, shipping and handling is covered...

When I understand correctly, you get these pieces for 5 usa dollars (incl. shipping costs)?

No, for $5, you get a chance at winning the pieces in a raffle (winner will be randomly determined from all those who gave $5 for the chance to participate).

When I understand correctly, you get these pieces for 5 usa dollars (incl. shipping costs)?

Raffle

Hope that helps... :classic:

Panda, 'raffle' means lottery...

I tried to make a payment but after typing in all my data the site says I need to open a Paypal-account.

Paypal is not a bank I trust very much at all. (The last time I needed to open an account there they wanted to take my money...) Do I have to open an account and put money in it in order to pay with my credit card???

I have a credit card and of course I can make an IBAN payment.

I tried to make a payment but after typing in all my data the site says I need to open a Paypal-account.

Paypal is not a bank I trust very much at all. (The last time I needed to open an account there they wanted to take my money...) Do I have to open an account and put money in it in order to pay with my credit card???

I have a credit card and of course I can make an IBAN payment.

I can't accept IBAN but Paypal does not require you to connect your bank account. You can connect it to just a credit card... Unfortunately, I can only accept paypal payments.

Okay, I will try that. If it means I do not have to put money into my Paypal account, it's fine. If they want me to put in money first, I'm out...

Okay, I will try that. If it means I do not have to put money into my Paypal account, it's fine. If they want me to put in money first, I'm out...

I just tried.

That Paypal company is impossible.

I typed my credit card data. I hit 'pay'.

Paypal tells me to sign up first. So I type my credit card data again and hit 'pay' again.

They tell me the exact same thing. I'm in a loop. There is a box to sign in if you already have an account, there are two thingies that give explanatory pop ups about how safe Paypal is but they do NOT give any link at all to sign up.

Apparently they want me to do something but don't tell me what I need to do. I'll have to try and dive to the paypal labyrinth.

And all that to make a creditcard payment... Paypal sucks.

5 minutes later:

I try the log in screen, that takes me to a page where they say "Make credit card payment (where available), click here"

and I type in my CC data again.

I am brought to the same "you need to sign up first" page without a link to sign up.

---10 minutes later---

I think I worked it out. cool raffle, by the way.

Edited by eti

---10 minutes later---

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good that you got it all worked out :grin:

Paypal tells me to sign up first. So I type my credit card data again and hit 'pay' again.

Apparently they want me to do something but don't tell me what I need to do.

"you need to sign up first"

Perhaps you needed to sign up? *huh* (Psst...the sign up link is on the top of every page on the paypal site...)

I'm so glad you worked it out. I was really worried about your brain function for a minute there... :look:

No, there is no "Sign up" button on that "Buy now" site! You just type all the data, and they give you an error message with the exact same fields once again.

There are a few buttons you can click but they only give you short pop ups that say "yes, paypal is safe, blabla".

So they suggest you have to re-type the data to sign up, but that's not the case. You have to manually type "Paypal.com" in the URL bar and then look for a sign up link.

Not a case of intuive web design, make a page that tells people to sign up but fail to make a button or link to get there...

Ah, that explains a lot. Nice idea to make money for who does this 'raffle'. Don't count me in :tongue: .

And paypal...... I made many transactions by paypal, never had problems.