Sign in to follow this  
ProducePrincess

Finger Bone Island - When pirates get bored of gold

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 37b

A crew of shipwrecked pirates got bored of gold when they realised it wasn't edible (poor bob hookless was the first to die after eating a gold dagger) .so when they were stuck on the island a small group decided to eat the captain and his first mate .They were suprised how good the captain was that they grew addicted to human flesh. Now instead of gold they seek human hands !

.... crappy story i know

the_new_main_resized_picture.jpg

the overall view

nein.jpg

I ask for your hand....but not in marrige.

new_resized_hinkleys_death.jpg

let him hang by the chains , i tryed a new trick using skelly arms on regular minifigs. notice the dagger in the skeloten. A shiny new coin to the person who can guess who that head used to belong to

newberty.jpg

I removed a few parts to this moc so you could see inside the cave, there is a small bed and table , i used a brown jedi cape for a blanket on the bed.

57.jpg

This statue is the pirates god they belive it brought them to this small island , they now worship it by eating hands.

request_image.jpg

this is what they mean by finger licking good

yumm imperial officer heads and soft hands , bon appetite!

A gentleman asked me to add somthing like this to the moc .

so what do you think , do any of you have advice or ways to improve it ,i know im not allowed to change the final netry witch this is i just would like to improve my moc. I doubt i will win so they best of luck to the rest of ye pirates

EDIT: I listend to most of your very helpful suggestions and you will notice some changes to the overall moc , thanks for the help !

Edited by SlyOwl

i_ask_for_you_hand.jpg

Nice, but I should change the torso of the minifigure with the "bow tie"...

I'm not sure, but I don't think they had it in 1700-1800

Or change it with a torso of a minifigure with a beard... that is also a possibility if I am correct

CU,

kurt

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Your entry looks really nice Black Rabbit. :pir-classic: The story is quite nice in my opinion.

I like the "island outpost" feel to it with all of the trees, dock and platforms. Good idea behind the entry as well.

However, there are quite a few things you should fix up a bit.

Some improvements in the pictures area:

1) Make sure to re-size some of your pictures, or they will be disqualified. The maximum size for pictures is 800 x 600 and your last 3 are 1600 x 1200.

2) Your 5th picture is only a link, so I would deep-link it if I were you.

3) The first picture is the one that will be judged, so you should try to make it look as nice as possible. I would take one that is a bit more elevated than the current 1st picture, as right now, it's a bit hard to see some parts of the entry when it's near ground level.

4) The 2nd and 3rd pictures aren't focused on their subject very well, so you might want to re-take them.

5) Your pictures would look much better if the subject (your entry) was placed on a large piece of white paper or other smooth surface, with another on the back for a clean backdrop.

===================================================================

Build-related improvements:

1) Where the water nears the sand, it would be nice to scatter some white plates to look like waves hitting the shore.

2) Maybe a crab on the beach?

3) The man with the scared head might look even better with both hands in the air. Currently it looks more like he's waving.

4) This isn't too important, but perhaps instead of the bow-tie torso you could make the man a soldier if you have the right torso.

The bow-tie just looks slightly odd.

====================================================================

Your entry is very good! In fact, mainly the pictures need a bit of improving, the actual entry is excellent.

Good work and good luck! :monkey:

3) The man with the scared head might look even better with both hands in the air. Currently it looks more like he's waving.

the man is getting his hand chopped off so he can only use one at the moment.

could i edit this moc even though its posted???

that's a nice entry of a cruel bearded pirates^^

I also tried in my entry to put a skellies leg to a minifig ( the guy burnt to death in the house, we can't really tell on the pictures I did ) , that's nice ^^

I love this moc but I see some way to improve it :

1/ where the water meet the shore, it looks messy sometimes ( the tiles at the right, why aren't they along the beach ? ) just readjust it ^^

2/ remove the little rock that Hide the pathway between the docks and their "live place" , I think it'll look better without it^^

that's all ^^

anyway that's a very nice entry, and I wish you good luck for the contest^^

the man is getting his hand chopped off so he can only use one at the moment.

could i edit this moc even though its posted???

Ah, O.K. thanks for enlightening me.

To edit, click on the edit button in the lower right corner of your post. Hope that helps! :pir-classic:

hinckley-dinckley.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO !!! He...he....THEY KILLED Hinckley! :pir-laugh:

My opinion:

I must say I really like this entry, there are some inconsistencies, but even with them this is still a fun MOC to watch and evaluate and I enjoyed doing so!

Possible improvements:

1) As previously mentioned, the waterline could be finished better (read Erdbeereis1's and Guss's posts, I agree with them so no point copying it)

2) What about scattering some white hands around? Or let one or more of the pirates wear them? They represent the leftovers of the eaten hands (they only eat the meat I presume :pir-wink: ).

3) Some small things I don't like: the blood under the beach-skeleton looks unrealistic. Also, the skeleton hanging down still wears his hat...is it glued to his head :pir_laugh2: ?

4) I agree with Captain Kirk about that torso, it doesn't really suit in with the rest of the picture. You replaced him into the first picture, but not in the second one!

Non-brick related advise:

1) Your pictures are way to big: resize them to a maximum of 800x600 or you might be disqualified.

2) With such a large MOC, I would take all 6 pictures to show us as much as possible. Try taking multiple pictures of every point you want to display, and then select the best one. Erdbeereis1, an Academy teachers, offers good advise as well!

3) You made quite a lot of spelling mistakes and typos that could be easily fixed by using a translation tool.

eg. so when they: So when they, their is a small bed: there is a small bed.

hinckley-dinckley.jpg

*I used Zorro's Pic ;) Thank ye fer the pic..* Is it... Bob Hookless? :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2::jollyroger::pir-cry_sad:

Ive resized all the pics so now i can get on to making changes to the moc itself .

2) What about scattering some white hands around? Or let one or more of the pirates wear them? They represent the leftovers of the eaten hands (they only eat the meat I presume ).

Actually you gave me a good idea i could use white hands for waves because i dont have much in the means of blue and white pannels

3) Some small things I don't like: the blood under the beach-skeleton looks unrealistic. Also, the skeleton hanging down still wears his hat...is it glued to his head ?

I will fix that soon , would it be alright if i replaced the hat with long hair or mabye a vine growing out of his skull .

im going to replace the red peice with a sand colored version

1/ where the water meet the shore, it looks messy sometimes ( the tiles at the right, why aren't they along the beach ? ) just readjust it ^^

now that i looked at it more it does look a little messy. i can fix that soon ,do you think i should replace the white pannels with white hands for better waves??

2/ remove the little rock that Hide the pathway between the docks and their "live place" , I think it'll look better without it^^

I kinda like it actually it gives the pathway a hidden feel to it , i do see waht you mean though.

Thanks for the great advice i will make changes to it as soon as possible. :pir-grin:

Is that Hinckley in the chest? :pir_laugh2: I'll have that gold coin, please! This is an undeniably cruel entry, with a good amount of dead bodies laying around and blood. Great vegetation and rock formations. I also like the little statue, and great skeleton and regular fig combos, very innovative.

What could be improved:

It would be neat (relatively speaking) to have a crazy pirate with ripped clothing alone on one corner of the island eating a giant pile of hands. :pir-skull: Also, the white tiles in the water look a bit strange, I think regular plates would do the trick to fix this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I have to say, but I hope you consider some of these suggestions. Good luck!

That's much better. :thumbup:

The new pictures are sharper, except for the one of the statue that's a bit blurry. I love the new torso on the man whose hand will be chopped, the bare arm is great.

I don't like the white tiles on the right side of the water that don't match up to the shore too much, perhaps it would be better if they were up to the shore like on the front.

Very good job making your entry look even nicer! :pir-classic:

I like this.

And I LOVE the story behind it.

Especially the guy in the boat, the imperial who appears to be missing a sleeve. Great choice of minifig heads - they all look terrified, but that guy in particular. Although I'd be just as scared if there was a cannibalisitic pirate about to gnaw my arm off!, and that little statue/ idol in the clearing is well constructed from what looks like so few pieces.

And I adore your use of skleton and standard minifig pieces combined together, they really do have a "decomposing corpse" effect. Macabre, but awesome, great MOC! :pir-skull:

PS - the minifig head is from Hagrid :D

Rocketbilly