UsernameMDM

Pirates Purchase Plan

Wondering if I'm the only one not going to buy every set in the new Pirates line.

What I want to buy:

8396 Soldiers Arsenal x4

6239 Cannon Battle x2

What I want to trade for (don't want the whole set):

Captain Brickbeard

Maiden/Govenor's Daughter

Govenor

Pirate Female

:jollyroger:

I'm going to buy all the sets^^ I already kept enough money for it ^^

Not sure which I'll buy, I'm mainly interested in the minifigs (and some accesories, like the telescope and fish), so I definately don't want each set.

I think I'll buy a few of the soldier impulse set, 1 of the pirate impulse, 1 or 2 of the cannon battle, and there's a small chance I'll buy the soldier fort.

I hope I can get most (or all) of the minifigs off BL, at a reasonable price (allthought I'm afraid they'll end up very overpriced), so I don't have to buy sets I don't like/want.

Edited by Fluyt

Definitely picking up one each of all the sets, and will likely get multiples of the two impulse sets. If I luck out and see any of these sets on sale/clearance months down the line, I'll stock up on anything I can get.

Well, first i just WANT every sets, but with the money this looks different. :pir-tongue: The soldiers fort is already on the way to me, and probably if i can afford it i'll get the ship and/or the shipwreck hideout. But there also is some big castle set coming out in january, i guess i have to rob a bank :pir-skull:

I would like to buy 2 of each... but that might take a couple months. I already did that with the IJ sets, except for 7628.. it just took awhile :-p

What I want to buy:

8396 Soldiers Arsenal x100

6239 Cannon Battle x10

6242 Soldier's Fort x1

I plan to get:

3x Cannon Battle (already ordered)

2x Soldier's Arsenal (will be picking up next week)

1x Soldier's Fort (my brother is getting for me while in Chicago)

1x Pirate Building Set (I'll pick one up when they are released)

This will give me a sizable Imperial force with 6 regular soldiers (shako), one officer (tricorne), and the admiral/governor (bircorne). As well as four pirates and the pirate captain. If there are any new ships released later in the year that are less pricey I may have to get those as well.

I cannot stress how much I like the new Imperials, especially the new admiral/governor. I also really like the torso from the Pirate Building Set. I think it could easily be used as a battle worn lieutenant or a captured officer from another faction.

I'm looking forward to the things to come in 2009.

I plan on picking up one Brickbeard's Bounty and two of the Cannon Battle to fill in the cannon spots that are missing on the ship :pir-sceptic:

Forgot about that one! I'll see how much the minifig is in the secondary market, but it might just be a good idea to buy the whole set.

I plan on picking up one Brickbeard's Bounty and two of the Cannon Battle to fill in the cannon spots that are missing on the ship :pir-sceptic:

The same with me...

I have several smaller pirate sets from the original series but no larger sets. In those days BSB was out of reach so I will definitely get BB and at least two cannon battel sets. Harbour is also nice but some sort of larger fortification (like eldorado fortress) would be even better...

Yea, I plan on doing the same thing I've been doing with Castle. Buy one of each of the larger sets, and a couple of the smaller. Maybe I'll pick up more of the larger just in case Pirates go into hibernation again. :pir_laugh2:

I'd like to buy all of the sets but it could take me about six months to do that...

The big two (BrickBeards Bounty and Imperial Fort) are definates, along with the previously mentioned 2x Cannon Battle to complete the ship, but the other sets (Shipwreck esp.) I might not be able to get. The building set is cool, but it's just not in my budget to throw my money at that when I need to save for the Star Wars next year. :pir-tongue:

That one is already available at many TRU's.

I got 2 of the cannon sets. That's all of the pirate sets for me unless they come out with some better ones next year.

Edited by MillerTime

I'll try to get all, but I'm not the rich guy. I don't plan on buying any 1+ quantity of any of these new sets because I only do army building for Star Wars. But look at what I have to save room for....

-Star Wars

-Indiana Jones

-Pirates

-Creator

-Town

-Batman

-Spongebob

-Agents

.....So I don't know if it's realistic to try to buy ALL pirates sets.

Edited by daxflame680

I plan to get:

3x Cannon Battle (already ordered)

2x Soldier's Arsenal (will be picking up next week)

1x Soldier's Fort (my brother is getting for me while in Chicago)

This will give me a sizable Imperial force with 6 regular soldiers (shako), one officer (tricorne), and the admiral/governor (bircorne). As well as four pirates and the pirate captain. If there are any new ships released later in the year that are less pricey I may have to get those as well.

I cannot stress how much I like the new Imperials, especially the new admiral/governor. I also really like the torso from the Pirate Building Set. I think it could easily be used as a battle worn lieutenant or a captured officer from another faction.

I'm looking forward to the things to come in 2009.

Toys R Us had this today..... Along with the other basic buliding sets.

Well, some $80 later I am now the owner of 1 of each of the following:

Pirate Building Set

Loot Island

Shipwreck Hideout

Soldier's Arsenal

Pirate Survival

With the last 2, I bought the last ones on the shelf. Tomorrow I'm stopping by another TRU location to hopefully pick up a few copies of Cannon Battle and a copy of Kraken Attackin'

5 down, 4 to go :-p :pir-wub:

One of everything including the pirate building set. Between 3 and 10 of the $10 and under sets for army building, with extra attention to Cannon Battle since it's such a bargain and those new coloured cannons are :pir-wub:

That said, if this line does poorly, or some store decides to clearance any of the sets out, I'd take them without hesitation.

Hopefully, we'll see a Caribbean Clipper quality ship for the Imperials in the summer 2009 wave, assuming there is one.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy any pirates sets.

Perhaps set 6243, the pirate ship if I can find some nice sails on bl without the skulls. (Don't like the new :jollyroger: )

I don't want to spend too much money, and the Castle line comes with an amazing market.......so perhaps only the ship.

I'm thinking about getting just the Brickbeard's Bounty ship, the Shipwreck Hideout and the Loot Island, and maybe Kraken Attack. I want to save up my money for the few big castle sets that are released next year, and I'm still lusting after the Orient Expedition Dragon Fortress and the third Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle. :tongue:

I buy all sets of 2009 series Pirates, as well as revitalized the series or just do not feel worse than the old series and the old sets. And so, without doubt, give me the whole series! :pir_laugh2:

However, if the money is not enough, :pir-hmpf_bad: then be sure to buy pulses, and something else, but the pulses - precisely. Useful fairly. :thumbup:

Soldiers Arsenal: a lot...

Cannon Battle: at least one full battery ! (8) but I try to buy them when they are on sale

Brickbeards Bounty and the Soldiers Fort: one of each for myself + 1 Bounty to keep as MISB (on sale)

thats it...Basically I will await promotions to buy them, in regard to my poor budget...

Well, the ship is no. 1 on my list. After that, probably the shipwreck is next. I think I may hold out on the fort if it does ring in at €50 (still fingers crossed for maybe, just maybe, a cheaper deal for Irish S@H purchases). It's not only a bit overpriced, but is a bit plain in some respects. Of course I do want to get it sooner or later. I guess I will probably pick up all the smaller sets - I do actually quite like the 3D baseplate on the island - in fact if I could later get a second one cheaper, that would be great (look at the back of the baseplate - 2 of them join seamlessly back to back).

So - in summary, all of Pirates are in. City will possibly suffer - I may forgo the farm (at least in the short term), and I won't be getting the construction sets. I also want Indy and Castle, but I may forgo the flying wing and any sub-par castle set (drawbridge or chariot could be sub-par, but I'm expecting good things from the Troll fortress, will be dissappointed if I'm wrong). I also need to get MMV and any modular building. Not meaning to get off-topic, but I'm just putting my planned purchasing of the whole Pirate line in perspective.