Captain Zuloo

Which is mightier - Black Seas Barracuda OR Brickbeard's Bounty?

Who would win out of these two equaly matched ships?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship would come out on top?

• Black Seas Barracuda
    • Brickbeard's Bounty

I would tend to say brickbeards bounty is better, beacuse of the new pieces, however the cabin is poor, so i would go with the black seas baracuda.

The comparisons are bias to begin it, you all know it, especially you die-hard classic pirate fans, and those who are embracing the new sets as well.

Look, those who are die hard fans love the BSB, no new topic needed.

Those who aren't so dedicated fans to the BSB, are open to change, that's a given.

I'm more interested in this..

IF YOU HAD TO BUY ONE NOW, and BOTH WERE ON SALE AND YOU HAD TO PICK ONE AND ONE ONLY, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE? :pir-classic:

Given what I said, Kudos to you guys in this forum, especially those who are in favor of the BSB and are critisizing the BB. I think your criticisms show that you guys have taste for high quality but more importantly it shows LEGO that they have room to improve. Try doing this in a Castle forum and you will be bashed by all sides, and have your mega block butt served to you, as the young ones are die-hard fans of the new King's Castle, so they don't take criticism lightly. What's a forum without criticism? LEGO would be lost without you guys. I don't care so much for who wins the vote, you guys kick butt in this forum :thumbup:

Edited by legobear

BSB is more detailed and doesn't have the ugly skull-sails so for me it wins the design-contest.

And as far as battles are concerned, doesnt the BSB have TWICE as many cannons as the bb?

When i first saw the Brickbeard's Bounty pictures -especially the box photo- i thought that this wasn't Lego, but it was just a regular pirate ship toy.

Some elements work but in my opinion, nothing beats Black Seas Barracuda. I own it from 1990, it is still builted from back then and it is a masterpiece.

Adjectively, one of the best sets TLC has released

I vote Brickbeard's Bounty :pir-sweet: because it's more detailed than the Black Seas Barracuda, thus it's Mightier (well not really)!

Lol

Anyone voting for Brickbeard's Bounty has clearly never owned The Black Seas Barracuda

..and as this site is full of 12 year olds that werent even alive when this set was released thats no real surprise (18+ guys?)

anyway, I own all the pirate ships - BSB is a Lego masterpiece, the detail is incredible

Brickbeard's Bounty is nice, but its kiddie and sparce on details, you cant even compare the two

BSB would destroy ol' Brickbeard

Lol

Anyone voting for Brickbeard's Bounty has clearly never owned The Black Seas Barracuda

..and as this site is full of 12 year olds that werent even alive when this set was released thats no real surprise (18+ guys?)

anyway, I own all the pirate ships - BSB is a Lego masterpiece, the detail is incredible

Brickbeard's Bounty is nice, but its kiddie and sparce on details, you cant even compare the two

BSB would destroy ol' Brickbeard

Well said, so true :thumbup:. I can't even believe some people would choose BB over RBR (even thought it is regarded as one of the lesser ships of the original pirate line (I actually like it), it is a lot better than BB), let alone choosing BB over BSB.

Hmm... the Skull's Eye Schooner would beat both, but a battle between just these two...

Black Seas Barracuda would definatly blow the new Brickbeard's Bounty out of the water!

If it was a fight to the death :skull: BSB would destroy Brick Beards Bounty,for the simple reason it has a much larger crew and has one more cannon, but Brick Beards Bounty does look nicer overall.

I have to vote for BSB

Edited by Ratshot

BSB ALL the way :pir_laugh2: !

1. BSB

2. SES

3. RBR

4. BB

Anyone that notices a pattern... :pir-hmpf:

BSB ALL the way :pir_laugh2: !

1. BSB

2. SES

3. RBR

4. BB

Anyone that notices a pattern... :pir-hmpf:

What was the RBR again?

BSB is the best set of all the times, the new ship looks like a cheap plastic toy with those ugly skulls on sails, all the low design without strings holding sails and masts and so simple poor detail on it specially the cannos section. :pir-sick:

I don't like the new set looks like a cheap plastic toy :pir-hmpf_bad:

I don't like the new set looks like a cheap plastic toy :pir-hmpf_bad:

You just said that 1 post ago... :pir-sceptic:

I frankly don't think it looks so bad, of course, the BSB is for the most part better with the real string, larger crew and such, but the new one does include some really nice pieces and design elements, plus some great new minifigs.

Both are great sets, and the LEGO world has room for more than one beautiful ship. :pir-classic:

Just got Brickbeard's Bounty

What a beauty!

Glorious colours - and bigger than a thought

Needs an anchor and a winch for the treasure - and and of course some more details at that front end of the ship

...but overall, this is a well designed vessel that is worthy of the Lego line

..and to think at first I thought of this ship as kiddie!

Sadly I do not own the BSB, although i have a few of the older pirate sets. It was a hard choice but I voted BB for it's superior coloration, cool minifigs and sense of good 'ol stereotyped pirateyness. in stock form this ship may lose against the BSB, but add a couple more cannons and it would come out far and away on top. The design is quite good cosidering how few peices it has as well. :jollyroger:

Hmmm, seems like an extreme case of nostalgia :pir_laugh2: The Bounty has fantastic bow and stern. Middle part could be better (2 decks and 4 cannons). Color-wise - it's mind blowing. I can't comment too much on BSB but I don't like the yellow in it.

I have them both, and they both are great sets when it comes to parts. :pir-cry_happy:

The design of both is decent, i voted for the BSB as it has better masts and rigging.

The only thing i really dislike about the BB is the rigid hose used as yards, they just don´t stay straight.

Definitely Black Seas Barracuda.

First great pirate set and it was reissued too (I had the original when I was a kid, shooting canons and all and bought the reissue when it came to the local TRU)

i see everyone thinks old and legendary BSB is mightier than the new Brickbeard's bounty. I disagree.

Reasons:

BSB has 4 inmobile cannons, that make the ship heavier. Brickbeards bounty has 3 mobile cannon...that cannons are more useful than 4 inmobile cannons

BSB is bigger, so is supposed to be slower, and Brickbeard's bounty may be faster

I think BSB was a good ship, but is overrated because it was the first lego pirate ship and the are a lot of nostalgic people.

In my opinion, SES was much powerful than BSB, and had a better design...even Redbeard Runner may be more powerful than BSB