WesternOutlaw

Vessels & Vehicles

What type of pirate set do you enjoy more?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Ships and Sailing Sets
    • Land-Loving Island Structures

Ships, definitely; the name says it all. In fact, I like ships so much I've also picked up the two ships in the castle line. And, I plan to get the exclusive pirate ship from the SW line. I see 'pirate' in the name and any resistance I might have to buying it goes right out the door.

There's nothing wrong with fortresses and other land structures. But I'm a ship fanatic, specifically sailing ships.

Probably forts. While ships and non-land vehicles are cool, you can only swoosh so much or play pirate ship so much before you need an objective. I love the imperial bases (EF, ITP and SF) because of how they bolster play when teamed up with a respective ship of that time (BSB, SES and BB). They usually include more accessories and give a place to put all of the figures given from ships. As well, they make great display models, especially when it comes to posing.

In the 2009 pirates line, Soldier's Fort can also be used to house things, such as the cannon from Cannon Battle or to dock the boats from Loot Island and Brickbeard's Bounty.

Ships ofcourse. Who doesn't love their rich history, their majestic and imposing looks, the full sails blowing in the wind, a full broadside firing at once and the all damaging effect on the enemy after. :pir-sweet:

I believe it is a combination of both that makes the pirate theme great. Without ports, where would merchant ships trade? Where would warships patrol? Where would pirate ships raid? Without ships, why would you need ports? It is a question of philosophy.

But personally, I like ships. Billowed sail, tall, graceful, majestic, always moving, inspirational. No matter how hard you try, you can never get a building to be like a sailing ship. They tried with the Sydney Opera House, but they couldn't come close.

Edited by Admiral M