5150 Lego

REVIEW: 7635 4WD and Horse Trailer

Wow that is overpriced! I hope this doesn't rollover to Bionicle in England, that said most new LEGO is arriving in the first week of December in English TRU.

Edited by Pencoin

Uh!! I get it!

I understand TLCs masterplan!

Constructing and designing "civilian" sets is a difficult task. Much more difficult than reinventing a new police station every year. And civilian sets just don´t sell well enough.

But since all those AFOLs are continuously asking for more civilian sets, TLC is going to proof that those sets just don´t sell. They publish a handfull sets that are way overpriced and at the end of the year are proud to say "See? We were right. Those sets just don´t sell".

This is a really great set, and great review!

I really would like to get this set.

Reminds me of the old classsics that has been posted as well.

-Ras-

Oh no! This set is a limited edition? I'll have to pick it up immediately and not miss my chance like i have done so often in the past...

Thanks for the review

Thanks for all the nice coments guys! It was my pleasure to do the review.I'll make sure that i resize the pics for my next review!

stranger, I'm pretty certain the fence is a standard fence, with jumper plates underneath for stability. aside from minifigs, it's almost unheard of for Lego to make movable pieces (ie bits that don't detach but move). Note how in the pic inside the van the jumper plates are twisted round through 90.

You are correct. Standard whitefence with plates to help stabalize it. Turn them 90degrees and it allows you to slide it inside the horse trailer.

I wonder what this "Modular Build, Easy Start" sign on the box means. Where is this set modular?

The "Modular build"refers to the build process. You build the mini figs first, then the truck,and then the trailer. I guess this is for the parents that build the sets for there kids, so they can give them somthing to play with while each part of the set gets built.

I just went to TRU to get Shipwreck Hideout (which I will be reviewing soon) a couple of hours ago, but didn't see this on the shelves. I was also saddened by the lack of pirate impulse sets. :cry_sad:

Thanks for the good review... but...

You're kidding about the price, right?

Maybe it's just so ridiculously expensive because it's a Toys R Us exclusive...

~Bunda

The horse is the same as the one in the Skeleton Carriage set, but it is something special. Personally I think the red-brown is a nice addition to horse colours, and the bridle is nicely done with the spot of silver for the metal part.

The jeep is indeed very convincing in profile, and looks really slick. The trailer is pretty good, although it is a bit too uniform on the outside due to the perfect shape of the window parts in white.

As regards price, I would prefer if it were cheaper, but I think the comparisons with how much you paid in the past are silly. The same amounts in the past were worth a lot more in relative terms, and certainly here in Ireland we have had a number of years of like 5% inflation. €25 is two student canteen lunchs and a coffee+pastry (and at that, the canteen have switched to smaller plates and are now counting chips to save money - you get 10-12 chips).

I really love the truck. It looks just like a honda element!!! I love seeing the orange mutt hair in a cheep set :thumbup: That horse would look good in a zelda moc. And i could use another suit.... So many great things!!!! I'll definitely pick this set up :classic:

Edited by Tinn-man

Thanks for the great review! This looks like a good set, especially that 4x4. :wub: The horse trailer isn't so great with <insert that tiresome argument> pieces, but at least it looks smooth. The fence was a nice addition. This set is too expensive for what it's worth, so sadly a no-buy for me.

This is is at TRU in Madison Wisconsin. My brother didn't catch the price though, he was to focused on two other sets he picked up.

Even at $25 US it's not going to scare me away from buying it. If you keep track of your local paper, or watch the website, they are putting coupons out much earlier this shopping season.

Great review and excellent photo's. Well done.

This looks a great set. As you said, that SUV is probably the best such vehicle TLG has ever made. :thumbup: However, the price is just too high for me to consider it. It should be more like $15 given its size and piece count. I'll probably pass it up unless I spot it in the S@H clearance section at some point.

I love this set! Great SUV and the horse carriage is fantastic :wub:. It all looks to be in sensible proportion for playability and design. And another female fig - excellent! I'll be amazed if those beautiful curved window parts don't end up in the new Space sets.

Great review, good pics, in depth but not too much! I'm loving this set even more now. Even @ $25 it's a must have.

Thanks 5150!!!

I just built this one and I have to say it far exceeds the not-so-great City sets from 2008 (Cargo and Coast Guard). Great little build, clever details, and it looks fantastic. It feels like proper 'classic' Town too - not the weirdly sized mishmash of Coast Guard big parts and small parts. The functionality is great too. Thanks for the review!

Fantastic review 5150 Lego. The fence piece looks amazing. One of the only City Set purchases I might make. :tongue:

scored it, $24 bucks at TRS, kids put it together and love it. The truck is excellent and the unique trailer parts I would imagine kick the price up.

Thank you very much for the great review, 5150 Lego! :sweet:

In general I really like the design of this set - it's very well designed (mainly the car)! :thumbup:

But the trailer looks a bit as if it would be designed of only one mold :sceptic: - and it's really a shame that TLG didn't include a back door to the car :cry_sad: .

Thank you.

Klaus-Dieter

I Love this set i think i'd buy a second to make a (BBC Reg. TM) TORCHWOOD SUV

also FEMALE MINI FIG last time i seen one of them in a modern set was the AGENTS and i cannot remember wether i have seen it anywere else in the past 2 years