• Pirate Boat - 6243 - "Brickbeards Bounty"
  3. 3. Best Small Set

• Cast Away - 6241 - "Loot Island"
    • Raft - 6240 - "Kraken Attackin'"
    • Cannon - 6239 - "Cannon Battle"
  4. 4. Best Impulse Set

• Pirate - 8397 - "Pirate Survival"
    • Soldier - 8396 - "Soldiers Arsenal"

Now that we have had reviews of the majority of the sets, decide on your favourites of the bunch.

Then decide which you like most in the size categories.

Pirate Boat - 6243 - "Brickbeards Bounty"

tn_6243-1_jpg.jpg

Soldiers Modular harbor - 6242 - "Soldiers Fort"

tn_6242-1_jpg.jpg

Pirate Hide Away - 6253 - "Shipwreck Hideout"

tn_6253-1_jpg.jpg

Cast Away - 6241 - "Loot Island"

tn_6241-1_jpg.jpg

Raft - 6240 - "Kraken Attackin'"

tn_6240-1_jpg.jpg

Cannon - 6239 - "Cannon Battle"

tn_6239-1_jpg.jpg

Pirate - 8397 - "Pirate Survival"

tn_8397-1_jpg.jpg

Soldier - 8396 - "Soldiers Arsenal"

tn_8396-1_jpg.jpg

Pictures are links to their respective Brickset pages.

(too early option was deleted as you could not complete your vote with out ticking)

I invite you to leave your reasons on the votes you placed, discussing the ups and downs.

Regards Cpt. PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Brickbeard's Bounty wins for me. I probably won't be buying these, but they're still nice. Kraken Attackin' is great too, it's a good looking raft with a nice octopus. Pirate Survival comes with another crew member and loads of survival accessories. The Guardsmen comes with a rack of weapons which is nice and all, but doesn't offer much playability. Well, neither does pirate survival, but there you go.

This is a very hard decision, as every set looks great for me, but i'd also have to go with brickbeards bounty! I think this ship almost perfectly combines old and new aspects, and as i just saw some closeups i really fell in love :pir-wub: Definitely Nr. 1 for me, followed by the soldiers fort and the shipwreck hideout.

Nice poll, but I think it's too early to decide. Most people don't even own one set yet. I'll vote once I pick up the entire collection.

It was a hard decision. It all kind of depends on if we see more Modular sets to connect to the fort in the future. Otherwise, I would go for Brickbeard's Bounty. Easily the price could have been better. I agree with that. But I missed out on the Pirates theme before. All I have is a pirate with flag that a friend gave me. So I would love to have a ship, but with more modular sets I could change my mind. Which also makes my Large set choice very obvious. For small, I like Cannon Battle. Such a great value and choice of pieces. The cannon is wonderful and there are plenty of accessories, not to mention one of those awesome Imperials. Impulse, quite obviously, is the Soldier's Aresenal. I still want more of those guards. Keep in mind the only ones I had were ones I printed out decals for. Which also means now hats. : :pir-cry_sad: I over all like the whole theme though, and will try to buy all the sets. Except for one, that is, that I found on Toys R Us's website. Other than that, Kraken Attackin' is my least favorite. Though a one piece kraken is good, I consider that a small octopus. Really, the pirates even smile at it. :pir-tongue: I still like it though.

I choose,

Pirate survival m(i love the fish :wub: )

Kraken attackin (because of the beautiful maroon octopus :wub: )

Then Ship wreck hide out 2x I just think that it is a beautifully designed set :wub:

I agree with the Brickster. It really is too early to call, but I voted for Brickbeard's Bounty, Cannon Battle and the Imperial impulse because I want to build up an army and the review and images on the ship look really cool plus I will need cannons for Brickbeard's Bounty. But I really shouldn't make that decision until I have the new sets.

I voted for the Soldiers Fort. x2

Then voted for the cannon battle. Then the soldier.

I know it is a little early to call properly, but if you feel strongly about don't vote and just voice your opinion.

Regards, Cpt. PB

I voted for the ship, I'm waiting for it tooo much to vote for anything else^^ then I voted for the Raft, it really have a cool design, then for the pirate survival, I love the accessories that come with it^^

I voted for Cannon Battle. It's the best set for the price tag by far and you have to include price in your selection otherwise the biggest set will always win.

I voted just as hollisbrick:

Shipwreck Hideout seems to be a really nice set with lots of useful parts (golden windows and more brown bricks!).

Kraken attackin' has a lovely raft and nice minifigs.

And the minifig in Pirate survival is perfect for all kinds of historical MOCs and the accessories is great.

But the Brickbeards Bounty is a fantastic ship and if I ever find it on sale I will surely get it. :)

Brickbeard's Bounty is the only pirate that has been able to catch my entire interest. I've always wanted to have a big pirate ship, and now I'm going to get the opportunity to purchase one! I'm really looking forward to its release in Europe!

Hmm, it looks like I voted with the majority except within the 'small' set class range. I voted Loot Island. A nice number of figs, superb accessories, and a new baseplate all sold me.

Interesting to see how the vote is quite split. Guess it just shows how great all these new Pirate sets are.

I voted for the ship for the first two questions, it's quite a lovely thing despite the few flaws, and is probably the third best pirate ship ever.

I voted for Loot island as best small set, on the basis that of the three, it's the one I most want. However, that's probably just because it's the largest.

I think the pirate impulse is nicer. Sure if you want armies and weapons the soldier one is better, but it's pretty boring and just like the Castle knight impulse - a soldier and weapon rack. Also, I do like the new soldier jackets and they are better in some respects than the old ones (printed backs, red torso with white printing) but they do look more cartoonish. The old ones would outdo these new ones if redone more elaborately today (they suffer for being on a white torso).

i'll pick the smallest one first, soldier impulse. then wait for a while until there is discount time in department store near my place and grab the ship.

the ship is best among medium/large set, you're playing with pirates and no ship around? ship come first.

cannon is best for small set,since i can get 1 pirate, 1 soldier and a shooting cannon for a small set.

i like the new shako design, so i pick soldier impulse for the best impulse.

i'll pick the smallest one first, soldier impulse. then wait for a while until there is discount time in department store near my place and grab the ship.

Your patience amazes me. I practically jumped out the window to get to Legoland the day they got an early release in Orlando.

All i can say is that i am glad lego finally made decent sets, and in pirates, unfortunately i have no money for them, schools expensive :pir-angry:

I've voted for the Soldier's Fort and not for the BB because TLC has released better ships then the BB. The modular harbour is new and I'm planning to buy it because it's such a nice addition.

It was a tough decision but I chose Soldiers' Fort for best pirate set of '09! Their all excellent sets but I just think that soldiers fort was the best! :pir-classic::pir_laugh2::pir-sweet:

I don't like the new sets, sucks so far still i would choise the new ship if i can get it for less than $30 one day i wont pay more than that for it ... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Interesting to see how the data is spread, To think that there is only one vote between BB in the all over favourite and the medium set, then a huge jump for soldiers fort. Does this show that people that like smaller sets prefer the fort? Also interesting is that the Kracken and Pirate have no votes for best of the lot (at this stage.)

Any body else find some results surprising?