Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

For all those Zelda fans out there!

Hi, I am a GREAT Zelda fan (I am talking of the series not only the character :pir_laugh2: ) and this series give me my favorite games at the date. Yes, I am talking about "Ocarina of Time" and "Twilight Princess" so I create this topic to discuss this amazing series and to post anything related to them here. So to end I hope I can find some Zelda fans here to discuss about one of our favorite videogame franchise :pir-cry_happy: .

Edited by darkrebellion

I'm about 3/4 way through Twilight Princess right now, and I think it's great! I can't wait to see what the next Zelda game is like...

If only Link wasn't so terrible in Brawl... :pir_bawling:

PS I'm very scared of the mailman.

Edited by Faramir

I'm about 3/4 way through Twilight Princess right now, and I think it's great! I can't wait to see what the next Zelda game is like...

Yeah, Twilight Princess is an awesome game (The best of the Wii and my second favorite game) that in my opinion is not just a game but a piece of art created by Shigeru Miyamoto :thumbup: . The mailman is really kinda creepy but a non less awesome Zelda character :pir-grin: . I like Link in Brawl and actually is the character with the one I play. If you own the Twilight for the Wii I really suggest you to buy the Ocarina of Time with a Wii points card cause that game is simply the best in the history of the videogames :pir-wub: .

The Zelda games are nice, I've played alot. My favorites are WW and MC though... TP is really bad though in my opinion.

I like Link in Brawl and actually is the character with the one I play.

He used to be my main... at least he was in melee, but even with the Heroes bow and gale boomerang, he somehow got worse. :pir_bawling:

Now it's Pit all the way :pir-tongue: !

He used to be my main... at least he was in melee, but even with the Heroes bow and gale boomerang, he somehow got worse. :pir_bawling:

Now it's Pit all the way :pir-tongue: !

Don´t forget the most powerful item in the game: The Master Sword :pir_laugh2: .

Don´t forget the most powerful item in the game: The Master Sword :pir_laugh2: .

FAIL: Not the most powerful weapon in Ocarina of Time- the Biggoron sword is. The one you have to do five billion quests to get and is almost the same as the Biggoron knife you can get as kid link, but bigger and unbreakable. nothing worse than being stuck with a broken sword!

Also, that link isn't working.

DSR

FAIL: Not the most powerful weapon in Ocarina of Time- the Biggoron sword is. The one you have to do five billion quests to get and is almost the same as the Biggoron knife you can get as kid link, but bigger and unbreakable. nothing worse than being stuck with a broken sword!

Also, that link isn't working.

DSR

I know that (Actually I own the Biggoron Sword in OOT) but the Master Sword is way more iconic and is your primary weapon is almost every Zelda game (Except PH it use the Phantom Sword as primary weapon) :pir_laugh2: . Also of which link are you talking about? :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh, I see the link, doesnt work you are right.

Edited by darkrebellion

Ocarina of Time is the best game ever on any platform, period. Prove me wrong. :pir-grin:

Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past are also personal favorites of mine, and right now I'm going through OOT again, after that I'll try my best at The Legend of Zelda from '87. :pir-blush:

I know that (Actually I own the Biggoron Sword in OOT) but the Master Sword is way more iconic and is your primary weapon is almost every Zelda game (Except PH it use the Phantom Sword as primary weapon) :pir_laugh2: . Also of which link are you talking about? :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh, I see the link, doesnt work you are right.

As do I (owning the biggoron sword). Your right, the Master Sword is more iconic. The Four sword I think is a variation of the Master Sword.

On another note, who made the hilt of the Master Sword purple? Oh wait, it's the Japanese. Crazy coloring is just normal.

(no racism is intended by the way, I am 1/6th Japanese).

DSR

My favorite game of the LoZ series is A Link to the Past. Probably because of all the mystery behind it like The Chris Houlihan Room or The Ghost of Misery Mire. And I absolutely ADORED the Dark World. Baddies everywhere, green water, muggers in the streets; Man, that was my kind of world!

I did finish every games in the serie and somehow, my favourite is Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. That game felt so poetic with the story of the Dream Fish and all... And the close second is Wind Waker, for much of the same reasons as Link's Awakening.

I did force my way through Twilight Princess, but it never really caught me as much. It had too many loose ends. Like who the hell is that orcish guy on a boar who keeps challenging Link? Or that dead guy who teach new sword techniques. We never know. In all the other games, every character used to have a real background or look like they have (even those couples dancing at the market in OoT seem like they have a history) but here I found they were just empty... And Ganon felt more like they threw him in for good measure than anything else, since he's absent the entire game and only appears when we need to kill him. If I remember well, we almost don't even hear his name untill then...

Well I think the mysterious phantom knight in Twilight Princess is actually Link of the OoT :pir-wink:. This rumor has been surffing the internet for a while and this is the best option cause he somehow tells you he is an old hero and the only old "hero" is Link from OoT.

Edited by darkrebellion

Well I think the mysterious phantom knight in Twilight Princess is actually Link of the OoT pirate_wink.gif. This rumor has been surffing the internet for a while and this is the best option cause he somehow tells you he is an old hero and the only old "hero" is Link from OoT.

That'd be assuming there is some kind of continuity between OoT ad TP, but so far it's never been quite certain, as so afr, most of the games were standing on their own, each time reteling the same tale in a new way (with a few exceptions, of course). The only "official" sequel would be Wind Waker (as we learn in the introduction movie). And that sets a world quite different from TP... But still, it is a nice explanation. I like it. I'll stick to it for now, thanks.

EDIT: actually that sequel thing reminds me of a video I watched on Gametrailers.com which kind of made sense... But when they did it, TP wasn't out yet.

Edited by yellost

Well Nintendo has an actual canon timeline of everygame, so they all must follow on from each other...

Terrible at Brawl??!?!?!?

Are you kidding me? I own with Link day and night!

Just finished TP storyline the other day! awesome ending...

Now to find 26 poes... :pir_bawling:

Terrible at Brawl??!?!?!?

Are you kidding me? I own with Link day and night!

You're right... I went back and worked with him more... my Link is now ownage... Bomb,up throw, grab, upthrow, BOOM :pir-tongue: