cagri

Space Police 2009!

There's a lot of debate over what the pricing will be for certain sets. Here is the list, as it was revealed at the Toy Fair this year:

5969 Space Police III Squidman Escape $5.99

5970 Space Police III Freeze Ray Frenzy $9.99

5971 Space Police III Gold Heist $19.99

5972 Space Police III Container Heist $29.99

5973 Space Police III Hyperspeed Pursuit $49.99

8399 Space Police III K9 Robot $3.50

8400 Space Police III Speeder $3.50

5974 Space Police III Galactic Enforcer $99.99

So, everybody familiar with the teaser on the space police mini site?

Here's the full video:

Go four pages back in this thread, and the 01 video is discussed.

I found the video 4 days ago.

Hmm, that's odd. I got the teaser when I loaded the site today, which is why I thought this was new. Combine that with getting it highlighted on the LEGOClubTV-channel on YouTube... :hmpf:

Ah well, just gotta do a better search next time...

I'll be getting some Space Police soon. If I can't pick them up today, I'll order then via TRU, which should put them here sometime next week. Assuming nobody's beat me to the punch, would you guys like a review?

Keep in mind my camera sucks. :tongue:

There's a lot of debate over what the pricing will be for certain sets. Here is the list, as it was revealed at the Toy Fair this year:

5969 Space Police III Squidman Escape $5.99

5970 Space Police III Freeze Ray Frenzy $9.99

5971 Space Police III Gold Heist $19.99

5972 Space Police III Container Heist $29.99

5973 Space Police III Hyperspeed Pursuit $49.99

8399 Space Police III K9 Robot $3.50

8400 Space Police III Speeder $3.50

5974 Space Police III Galactic Enforcer $99.99

Ummm, If this is the real pricing for sets then toys r us ripped me off the container hiest

was 34$!

So, everybody familiar with the teaser on the space police mini site?

Here's the full video:

Im so glad that they use stopmotion again :classic:

Haha, oh man. LEGO's definitely got their sense of humor back.

Yeah.

Went to TRU today; picked up Squidman Escape, Freeze Ray Frenzy, and Gold Heist. I've already built the first two and I love them. The minifigs are brilliant and the vehicles are actually pretty well realized. They really look like space motorcycles, and that's awesome.

And yes, TRU always inflates their prices.

Did they have the larger sets? I'm particularly interested in the Galactic Enforcer and Hyperspeed Pursuit, although I will probably wait until they show up on S@H.

Went to TRU today; picked up Squidman Escape, Freeze Ray Frenzy, and Gold Heist. I've already built the first two and I love them. The minifigs are brilliant and the vehicles are actually pretty well realized. They really look like space motorcycles, and that's awesome.

And yes, TRU always inflates their prices.

I look forward to seeing a review of container heist. If you can't do it I'm getting them on friday :thumbup:

I'm gonna try my local TRU tomorrow and hope for the best.

And I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy in thinking that TRU's prices seemed a bit higher, even higher than the Lego Outlet store here...ugh.

I'm gonna try my local TRU tomorrow and hope for the best.

And I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy in thinking that TRU's prices seemed a bit higher, even higher than the Lego Outlet store here...ugh.

Well, the TRU here in Colorado Springs doesn't have them in yet (not as of yesterday, at least); I hope you have better luck in Denver.

Well, the TRU here in Colorado Springs doesn't have them in yet (not as of yesterday, at least); I hope you have better luck in Denver.

Yeah I cannot find them in missouri either. :rolleyes:

Did they have the larger sets? I'm particularly interested in the Galactic Enforcer and Hyperspeed Pursuit, although I will probably wait until they show up on S@H.

I agree with you and no, they did not. Those are definitely coming out later.

I built all my SP3! They're not bad at all, however the Gold Heist wasn't as good as I was expecting. I'm definitely more excited for Hyperspeed Pursuit and Galactic Enforcer; they look far superior.

You can see the general's Container heist review on brickshelf.

I havent finished uploading all the pics yet :sceptic:

Are these sets even released in The Netherlands? I don't see any SPIII product group on the NL website. I'm actually looking forward to these sets.

If the Netherlands have the same releaseplan as sweden We'll see the impulse sets in june (it's only about a week left!! can't wait.) and the rest is due in august. :(

If the Netherlands have the same releaseplan as sweden We'll see the impulse sets in june (it's only about a week left!! can't wait.) and the rest is due in august. :(

Yeah, I've seen 'june' and 'august' as well for some Star Wars sets, but I haven't seen anything for SPIII. It's not even on the productlist on the Dutch or German website yet whereas it is on the US website. Patience is the keyword I'm afraid.

Where did you get the releaseplan for Sweden?

Where did you get the releaseplan for Sweden?

I have a copy of the retailer catalogue. ;) I was also told by a LEGO rep that they release the two impulse sets as a kind of "trailer" for the main theme that comes two months later. They did the same thing with pirates.

I have a copy of the retailer catalogue. ;) I was also told by a LEGO rep that they release the two impulse sets as a kind of "trailer" for the main theme that comes two months later. They did the same thing with pirates.
Great. The exact same thing is going to happen to Australia. They've done it with Power Miners, Pirates and now this. Oh well, at least we get those awesome impulses.

I sure in the original info, everywhere was getting space police except the UK and Ireland. Guess if that is still the case I may just have to source them from some internet retailer willing to ship to the UK. :pir_bawling:

I checked my local Toys R Us in New Jersey last night at there were no Space Police yet. They did have two of the new Agents sets, though. I'm gonna have to check this other Toys R Us I go to that's closer to New York City. They tend to get new sets in before anywhere else. And then there's the Lego Store in Bridgewater.

But I probably should wait. I won't really have funds to buy any of the sets for a couple of weeks, and it's going to be a tease if I see the Galactic Peacekeeper (the huge ship, whatever it's called) and can't buy it.

One thing I like about Lego sets is that you can reliably get them for a period of several months, so you don't have to rush. I also collect Transformers and G.I. Joe, and with those figures, if you're lucky enough to come across some of the hot ones in a store and don't pick them up, you might never see them at retail again. It used to be more like it is with Lego with those toylines, but the collectors and quick turnover of product make it a challenge.

Edited by KDog