cagri

Space Police 2009!

I am and I do. But in the meantime, I love you. :wub: And I will no matter what the verdict. Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. I kind of was, I've just seen rumors perpetuated a lot through the community, so I like to try to stop them before they go too far...

Hey, don't kill the messenger, Bluemoose started the rumor, not I. :tongue:

I certainly hope SP3 is a widely released line so the comeback of LEGO Space can be appreciated in full!

Who is Ian Bluemoose anyway?

Me. I was simply reporting the facts of what LEGO were saying at UK Toy Fair.

LEGO's people were telling all visitors to their stand at UK Toy Fair this week that SP3 was not being released outside of North America. That *is* what happened.

They claimed that 'SP3' was a an experiment, to see if there was demand for such a theme; if it was a success then they would think about releasing it elsewhere, but not until at least 2010. But no commitments. That *is* what they were saying.

There are plenty of precedents for LEGO having regional releases, even fairly recently - Vikings was originally announced as a Europe-only release.

I have since been told, by several people claiming inside knowledge, that what was being said by LEGO's people at UK Toy Fair wasn't *entirely* correct. Not that they were lying, they were just expressing something that might be true from a certain point of view. Hence my caveat about it maybe coming to S@H/Brand Stores.

Ian

EDIT - SP3 is apparently in the Swedish trade catalogue for the 2nd half of the year. It isn't in the UK equivalent catalogue

Edited by iangreig

My guess is that LEGO will do a limited release in Europe (I.E. S@H, brand stores) and release it more widely in NA for experimental reasons. I can see why this theme would be experimental. The over-the-top alien designs and classic-like Space Police designs are a rather contrasting mix, and I for one can't possibly anticipate how it will sell... but I think it may end up catching the eye of many a young LEGO fan.

My guess is that LEGO will do a limited release in Europe (I.E. S@H, brand stores) and release it more widely in NA for experimental reasons. I can see why this theme would be experimental. The over-the-top alien designs and classic-like Space Police designs are a rather contrasting mix, and I for one can't possibly anticipate how it will sell... but I think it may end up catching the eye of many a young LEGO fan.

If so Sweden is also part of this experiement. Since I have confirmation on 7 sets that will be released in toystores in august. One of them might also turn up as a TRU and/or BR exclusive or will just be sold via S@H.

I have confirmation of a global release for Space Police from the head of play themes...

Very, very good news, Hinckley! SpacePolice III on, yeah! :thumbup:

And if this is not true we´ve to come back to you... to deplume, to butter and to put you in the oven till you´re golden brown and crisp... :devil:

Wait a minute... um... darn, too late! :tongue:

Edited by Asuka

I have confirmation of a global release for Space Police from the head of play themes...

There you have it... :thumbup::grin:

I already have planned to aquire two or more 5973 Hyperspeed Pursuit kits, one or two 5974 Galactic Enforcers, and at least one each of all other sets with the Police.

Though I'll probably end up buying the whole theme. :blush:

Edited by Spacefan

Good choices. :grin: The Hyperspeed Pursuit is the must-buy of the year for me, since:

- Both of the vehicles are extremely good

- It includes my favorite of the aliens thus far

- Price probably won't be terrible

- I tend to make ALL my Space ships "pursue" each other to some degree :tongue:

I also intend on getting a Galactic Enforcer and doing a comparative review against the GM and DFD.

Ah, you´re right of course, although AquaRaiders´re available at least in some countries, there´re still some in the shelves of my local TRU.

However, I really hope that these creepy times´re gone and´ll never return... AFOLs may´re well able to get sets via eBay, but there´s

something just rotten to the core with the some kids´re more equal than others scheme...

You're probably referring to the newer Aquaraiders line from 2007, which was in fact sold internationally. There was a small theme of the same name in 1997 that was restricted to US/Canada.

I agree that this kind of regional release makes no sense. Even for AFOLs it's annoying, since it makes the sets more rare and in short supply. You can really notice this with the Unitron sets on ebay, which sell for a lot more than anything else around their time period. It's good to know that we won't have the same situation with these new themes though. :sweet:

Edited by CP5670

You're probably referring to the newer Aquaraiders line from 2007, which was in fact sold internationally. There was a small theme of the same name in 1997 that was restricted to US/Canada.

I see... a misunderstanding indeed, I browsed through Brickset and now it´s clear, I found 'your' Aquaraiders there as a subtheme of Aquazone... I guess TLC´s

name-giving and all these submarine sub- and sub-subthemes´re starting to confuse me seriously... ouch. :tongue:

I wished there had been a global release for Mars Mission, instead. This new "space" theme looks lame to me.

This news makes me happy. However, LEGO need to fire their marketing people in the UK, as a the current lot obviously don't have a clue ...

Ian

I am quite utterly excited by the pictures and promise of Space Police III. I like the idea of the scoundrel-like villains. Previously, Blacktron have been pretty uniform, so it will be interesting to see how the characters of the bad guys shine through. They're already showing so in the preliminary pictures, so there must be more to come.

Anyone who does[n't!] like the new theme simply doesn't have to buy it. Thus is the price of progress...

Edited by TenorPenny

Me. I was simply reporting the facts of what LEGO were saying at UK Toy Fair.

LEGO's people were telling all visitors to their stand at UK Toy Fair this week that SP3 was not being released outside of North America. That *is* what happened.

They claimed that 'SP3' was a an experiment, to see if there was demand for such a theme; if it was a success then they would think about releasing it elsewhere, but not until at least 2010. But no commitments. That *is* what they were saying.

There are plenty of precedents for LEGO having regional releases, even fairly recently - Vikings was originally announced as a Europe-only release.

I have since been told, by several people claiming inside knowledge, that what was being said by LEGO's people at UK Toy Fair wasn't *entirely* correct. Not that they were lying, they were just expressing something that might be true from a certain point of view. Hence my caveat about it maybe coming to S@H/Brand Stores.

Ian

EDIT - SP3 is apparently in the Swedish trade catalogue for the 2nd half of the year. It isn't in the UK equivalent catalogue

They may have mixed up the info or something. I was told almost the same thing about the new games range but they were said to be exclusive to England and Germany and not North America.

Very cool looking sets i cant wait to get my hnds on a few of them but some dont seem as interesting as others. I guss i will just have wait to see full rviews when they are out. Also the minifigures look great!even if i didnt see the police as well as the aliens i mean come on if i saw a display like this i would take pictures of every last detail :classic:

I just noticed that in the space police galactic enforcer in left top corner there is a minifig up there but i dont know if he is a space police guy or an alien any thoughts

Thanks for this information!

I think I will buy most of the new sets. They look really awesome.

The best of the series is, that we get many new pieces. Like a little second torso from the green alien, or some new heads (hey Fabuland-Friends, now you can build some enemys of your lovely figures :grin:).

So I hope that we get now a series, which we could enjoy several years....

Greetings 'Bricks'

Thanks for this information!

I think I will buy most of the new sets. They look really awesome.

The best of the series is, that we get many new pieces. Like a little second torso from the green alien, or some new heads (hey Fabuland-Friends, now you can build some enemys of your lovely figures :grin:).

So I hope that we get now a series, which we could enjoy several years....

Greetings 'Bricks'

Yeah I hope that SP3 goes on for several years, like Exo-Force. Mars Mission improved tremendously in 2008, just think of what could happen to SP3!

Yeah I hope that SP3 goes on for several years, like Exo-Force. Mars Mission improved tremendously in 2008, just think of what could happen to SP3!

Well 2 years for sure.

But for 2010 I would like to see some more standard/conventional looking space vehicles (maybe with trans-red windscreens) come out for the aliens. And a base for the police, with a return of the Classic Space crater plates in old light gray, though I doubt TLC would mix up a special batch of plastic just for those, but you never know.

Well 2 years for sure.

But for 2010 I would like to see some more standard/conventional looking space vehicles (maybe with trans-red windscreens) come out for the aliens. And a base for the police, with a return of the Classic Space crater plates in old light gray, though I doubt TLC would mix up a special batch of plastic just for those, but you never know.

Well, if SP3 is profitable enough to continue into 2010, I doubt LEGO will change the formula too much. :sceptic:

I think a land base is inevitable. Lego cant go through a theme with out one. I think a large prison would be good.

Well, if SP3 is profitable enough to continue into 2010, I doubt LEGO will change the formula too much. :sceptic:

Maybe just one beefy fighter or updated Saucer Centurion inspired kit, then I would be happy, as long as I get my modern trans-red windsreen(s). Then again those ideas are probably better left for another Space theme to come...:hmpf: