cagri

Space Police 2009!

Has nobody noticed the flags on the floor with pizza stickers on them? :grin:

Nice find. Definately the coolest part of the set for me, heh. :wink:

I think this isn't so bad. Its like taking a 20$ set, a 10$ set, and two impulses. Its growing on me.

OMG! :cry_happy: must buy for me. I've always liked bases, and always liked small sets, and this is all of them! I love the swooshability of the police vehicle, and the two badie vehicles, and the land vehicle is goddly! I can't wait for the other set's picture!

ps any one notice the space rat going for the pizza. LOLZ a womp rat!

Edited by dannylonglegs

Squidman's Pitstop wasn't really what I was expecting, but it looks like it has some nice parts in there. I'll buy it if it's around $20 - $30

Squidman's Pitstop wasn't really what I was expecting, but it looks like it has some nice parts in there. I'll buy it if it's around $20 - $30

Yeah, the price is really gonna be the deciding factor to me. Also, how good the other exclusive turns out.

If its a hard to find set it will probably be about $40.00. Same as the pirate set it has around the same pieces count. I hope Iam wrong though.

This set has been growing on me over the past few days. If it's $40 or under, I think this is the one I'll ask my wife for, after all.

This set has been growing on me over the past few days. If it's $40 or under, I think this is the one I'll ask my wife for, after all.

Me too I'll probably get it as a parts pack! :classic:

Space Police News.

I got my LEGO club magazine today. It came with the set index for this half of the year. It showed a clear picture of Squiddy's Pitstop. Now, with that space background it looked alot better than without. It also revealed that the ground vehicle (with the spikes) is the Skull Twin's. The one with the two engines stickin' out is Snake's and the other is Squiddy's. It also *drum roll* showed a picture of Max Security Transport! Minifigs are Snake, a Space Cop and Slizer (the orc from the future) The set was a four-wheeled vehicle (made of Power Miner wheels) with a cockpit (blue windshield) in front of the wheels. In the middle of it was one of the prisoner things. Around it was just white detail. At the back were (the usual) jet engines (1x1 cones with orange studs on the back.) It also included *another* vehicle with a rocket launcher as the main body. It was a VERY small speeder. Basically it was a 6x2 plate with a rocket launcher at the front and pathetic engine at the back. IT'LL FIT RIGHT IN! :grin:

Space Police News.

I got my LEGO club magazine today. It came with the set index for this half of the year. It showed a clear picture of Squiddy's Pitstop. Now, with that space background it looked alot better than without. It also revealed that the ground vehicle (with the spikes) is the Skull Twin's. The one with the two engines stickin' out is Snake's and the other is Squiddy's. It also *drum roll* showed a picture of Max Security Transport! Minifigs are Snake, a Space Cop and Slizer (the orc from the future) The set was a four-wheeled vehicle (made of Power Miner wheels) with a cockpit (blue windshield) in front of the wheels. In the middle of it was one of the prisoner things. Around it was just white detail. At the back were (the usual) jet engines (1x1 cones with orange studs on the back.) It also included *another* vehicle with a rocket launcher as the main body. It was a VERY small speeder. Basically it was a 6x2 plate with a rocket launcher at the front and pathetic engine at the back. IT'LL FIT RIGHT IN! :grin:

Ok, where is your camera?

We want to see those pics, they sound very cool!

thanks DL!

No problemo, I'll try and upload a better one in the morning. :sceptic:

Edited by Darth_Legois

Yay! The orcish one it is in this set! Cool!

But we got another small ugly vechicle for aliens...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

The set looks pretty nice, but I'm getting sick of those pathetic little alien vehicles. The only sets with a good alien ship are the Space Truck and the Hyperspeed Pursuit. I hope that next year we'll get a larger sort of "Main Alien Ship Headquarters" or something.

5980 is ugly! Easily the worst set to me. it does look like they took a bunch of small set and thrown together some horrible little base. It's a real shame that the first base set in the theme looks like it was built by a 6 year old. I was hoping for a nice prison cell for the cop, and a nice landing pad... dear god that this is horrible! :laugh:

The giant police car is neat looking, and I'm sure fun for children. However if the bad guy is on a little motorcycle looking thing couldn't he just fly away?

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

Thanks guys for sharing these images with us. :thumbup:

Darth_Legois, I had cropped these images, for better viewing.

gallery_2351_21_1008.jpg

gallery_2351_21_16446.jpg

Had a feeling they'd go with the Max Speed Transport with 5980 rather than the more armoured look of this prelim design.

That rounded armored cockpit on the prelim is way better than this newer model. Not a fan of these sets. I think they really blew a great opportunity to have a cool bar or something.

I dig the Max Speed Transport! It really looks like a moon rover with those wheels. It's like a smaller and faster Armored Drilling Unit, and that's not a bad thing.

However I do have to admit that the prelim design is far superior... shame.

It's a good thing that the Orc is now in a smaller set, because

Edited by The Rancor

Another Snake? That is 4 out of 10 sets! :angry:

But it looks like the Max Security Transport is an actual good set,

and it's nice to see Mutated Orc in a smaller set.

Another Snake? That is 4 out of 10 sets! :angry:

But it looks like the Max Security Transport is an actual good set,

and it's nice to see Mutated Orc in a smaller set.

Yeah, I imagine that will be the biggest appeal to those who just want to collect the aliens. While I personally believe that the Galactic Enforcer is superior to the Max Security Transport, the latter is definitely the best way to get a hold of that Orc alien. I, however, will be picking up both.

The Max Security Transport looks pretty nice. I don't think the new one is necessarily worse than the preliminary, although I hope the driver can sit upright in it. I like how they're including the prison cells across the theme, just like SP 1 and 2 did.

The Max Security Transport looks pretty nice. I don't think the new one is necessarily worse than the preliminary, although I hope the driver can sit upright in it. I like how they're including the prison cells across the theme, just like SP 1 and 2 did.

Yep, that's 3 sets now with the jail cells. Unfortunately none of these have been released yet in the US. :cry_sad: