cagri

Space Police 2009!

This is a very strange move. Why only release it to part of Europe? It's almost like a sick joke.

I wonder if they'll be available at S@H in these countries, or at LEGO Brand stores. I can't see why not. It's possible they'll pull another Dino 2010, and remove all of the weapons in favor of clunky looking cages for the criminals. If that's the case I feel extremely sorry for these unfortunate countries. :cry_sad:

If they did this there is a chance the replacements would be better than the originals. Seriously, replace the guns with a magnitized grapple gun (which they can't do in the US anymore because of magnet panic), and add another one of the standard jail pods. I'd be importing from the UK (as well as buying the version here. I'm such a sucker)

-Tohst

Why? Jan didn´t say anything about that in his information.

They´re maybe not in the catalog, but as far as I know they will be launched, but it will be an exclusive for a chain of stores for PT/SP.

Space Police don't appear on the Iberian resellers catalogues. As you said, maybe will appear on the TRU stores.

Not available in the U.K? Bah! This is very annoying...where will I get the new SP sets from now?

That's a great shame, though i doubt there will be a huge number of problems getting them, the ferry companies are going to have to shash prices from the Uk in the summer from what I've heared. Fortunatly for me my PhD supervisor has suggested spending most of the summer in France maybe my college will end up funding my lego buying trip.

Are you joking me? This has to be some kind of sickening joke! Why would they deny the UK? Why? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Calm down man. We Brits can just buy it from Bricklink, Ebay, A friend, go on Holiday? Plenty of options. Or just be patient for 2010! :alien:

Confirmed by Lego, regular ToysRus exclusive bla,bla,bla in Portugal :hmpf:

Translation (for portuguese only): Space Police III exclusivo ToysRus em Agosto em Portugal Continental, tal como os Power Miners agora, na 1ª metade do ano.

Calm down man. We Brits can just buy it from Bricklink, Ebay, A friend, go on Holiday? Plenty of options. Or just be patient for 2010! :alien:

Yes we can, but WHY should we have to. Whoever is in charge should get there backside kicked for some of the marketing decisions they make. Look at all the agro that was caused last year when the castle advent calendar was not released in the states. All this does is annoy afol's and cause bad feeling toward TLG. At the very least they should put them on s@h to save us paying over the odds to get them from bricklink or ebay.

Sucks !!

I shall examine the sets carefully via both the american shop at home/other american retail websites and of course the reviews stuffed full of pictures you lovely lovely people from other countries will post (hint hint). Then I shall select my favourites and ask with a pretty please that my uncle's canadian friends/girlfriend could please purchase and send them to me here. (With lots of complicated money transactions... I wonder if they have paypal...) Then if there is a redesign for the UK I will get both, and if they do wait until next year to come out I'll have just got them early. :classic:

Sorry to say, there´s new information from Jan B on the Space Police release :cry_sad::

So the UK/IR, Russia & Japan will not get SPIII in 2009, I don´t know if it means that it will be availiable later on! I´ll go and check.

CopMike

Why are they not releasing them in those countries? God damn it, Ireland is crap for Lego!

This is absolute MEGABLOKS that I can't buy Space Police in the Uk. It's still being sold only a few miles away in France :sceptic:

Looks like I'll have to go on holiday in the Summer.... Wait... The SPIII 'un-release' is a GOOD thing! :grin:

Besides this, I still can't wait for some proper box pictures of all the sets - or maybe a slightly different view on the theme in the Uk/IR, Russia and Japan. This would be okay, because at least we would be able to get the sets! (I just hope that if this happens the sets aren't turned into 'Dino 2010' :hmpf: .

Edited by The Rancor

Why are they not releasing them in those countries? God damn it, Ireland is crap for Lego!
Ronan, you managed to keep reasonable cool in your post here, but still you express what a lot of you feel - I understand that.

BUT to everyone going apeshit - please tone down your aggresiveness a couple of notches :hmpf_bad: !

Not knowing the exact reasons here, I still like you to hear me out.

TLG is a company that needs different stores & chains to want to sell their toy. Therefore TLG asks the people in charge of ordering a certain toy or a certain theme, if they are interested in that product. If they say no, which they quite often do, you won´t find it on the shelves. That´s because TLG can´t force, say Target, to buy for example SPIII.

As said over & over again, the best way to get the stuff you want is to go to your toystore and ask for a certain theme. If enough people do that, the store/chain might approach TLG and buy that theme. It´s like if you can´t find your favorite soda brand in a café, it´s not the manufacturers fault - it´s the shopowner.

Another way is to gather a lot of people that wants the theme and send a request to TLG by yourselfs or an Ambassador.

CopMike

Sorry to say, there´s new information from Jan B on the Space Police release :cry_sad::

So the UK/IR, Russia & Japan will not get SPIII in 2009, I don´t know if it means that it will be availiable later on! I´ll go and check.

CopMike

Not to offend some British who don't want to hear it, but UK and Ireland are part of Europe. Or do they want to test if it sales enough?

Edit: Sorry I had some problem with my computer and didn't read they last comment from CopMike.

Edited by Wout

I'm starting to feel better about not having the castle advent calander in canada because of the UK not getting SP3 . I still feel a little sorry for the fellows in the UK and othe countries though.

does anyone know if the blades on the front of the truck in container heist are new or just bionicle parts because i think the would be great for castle and post-nuclear mocs.

also Corpreal363 you have the same avatar as me , Now i have to quit being lazy and make my own lego avatar :hmpf:

also Corpreal363 you have the same avatar as me , Now i have to quit being lazy and make my own lego avatar :hmpf:

And at this time you have the same post count. Maybe youre the same person? :tongue: But anyway, its a bummer you guys arent able to get the SPIII sets... Maybe TLG doesnt think it will be as profitable?

Well, at least Americans get them. I would hate for it to turn to the castle advent calendar.

And at this time you have the same post count. Maybe youre the same person? :tongue:

now what you just said scares me a little , maybe he's my internet clone or a twin that i never met?

(Ha take that my internet clone im 1 post ahead of you :tongue: )

What surprises me is that the U.S isn't also delayed, seeing as other toy companies taking major hits and cutting jobs/several lines. I would've thought our current situation with the economy would halt this line from reaching us in time as well.

If we are all this mad we could always just boycott LEGO. Just a thought...... :sceptic:

Funny, but April 1 isn't for some time. :tongue:

TLG is a company that needs different stores & chains to want to sell their toy. Therefore TLG asks the people in charge of ordering a certain toy or a certain theme, if they are interested in that product. If they say no, which they quite often do, you won´t find it on the shelves. That´s because TLG can´t force, say Target, to buy for example SPIII.

It´s like if you can´t find your favorite soda brand in a café, it´s not the manufacturers fault - it´s the shopowner.

CopMike

My thoughts exactly.

Remember in the UK one of the major retailers of Lego, Woolworths, went under at the end of last year. They were the only store I knew of out of about 10 major toy retailers I know in my area that carried last years exo-force line. I don't know of any chain that carries all themes and all sets. It's entirely possible that Lego had lined up UK release of SPIII with Woolworths. Its more probable that stores are being more cautious and selective about which themes and sets they will stock in the current economic climate and they just don't want to take a chance on SPIII because MM didn't sell as well or becasue they already have Star Wars.

Lets just wait and see before we send TLC hate mail...

It has just occured to me that though this seems like a reasonable explaination it doesn't explain why TLC wouldn't be presenting at a trade fair in the UK to attract potential retailers to this theme. So maybe it is the decision of TLC after all.

Send hate mail! Send hate mail! Send it now. :angry:

Only kidding, if it is delayed until 2010 it might mean I can actually afford to get the other sets I want...

on the other hand that might make 2010 a difficult year if they keep releasing quality sets -

:sceptic: oh dear its getting complicated

... maybe TLC needs to make 2010 a year of poor quality sets so those of us with smaller Lego budgets can catch up... :tongue:

My thoughts exactly.

Remember in the UK one of the major retailers of Lego, Woolworths, went under at the end of last year. They were the only store I knew of out of about 10 major toy retailers I know in my area that carried last years exo-force line. I don't know of any chain that carries all themes and all sets. It's entirely possible that Lego had lined up UK release of SPIII with Woolworths. Its more probable that stores are being more cautious and selective about which themes and sets they will stock in the current economic climate and they just don't want to take a chance on SPIII because MM didn't sell as well or becasue they already have Star Wars.

Lets just wait and see before we send TLC hate mail...

It has just occured to me that though this seems like a reasonable explaination it doesn't explain why TLC wouldn't be presenting at a trade fair in the UK to attract potential retailers to this theme. So maybe it is the decision of TLC after all.

Send hate mail! Send hate mail! Send it now. :angry:

Only kidding, if it is delayed until 2010 it might mean I can actually afford to get the other sets I want...

on the other hand that might make 2010 a difficult year if they keep releasing quality sets -

:sceptic: oh dear its getting complicated

... maybe TLC needs to make 2010 a year of poor quality sets so those of us with smaller Lego budgets can catch up... :tongue:

I comletely agree with you :thumbup:

Especially with the last sentence :tongue:

My thoughts exactly.

Well, we don't have Woolworths in Ireland (they closed all the stores in the early 80s recession), except for Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. I don't know how well Mars Mission did or didn't sell here in Ireland - Smyth's and Tescos both moved a fair amount of it but on the other hand some sets remain on the shelves even now, and Art and Hobby possibly did too (although it is hard to know with them - I think they rotate stock between stores, or between shelf and storage). Argos also had Mars Mission.

I would be tempted to ask Smyth's Toys what their take is on Space Police III, but they were clueless back in '07 when I asked about Castle (which turned out to be an Argos exclusive that year - albeit they only stocked three sets - stinkers). They are definitely the largest stockist of Lego here in Ireland though - they do have the vast majority of all Lego sets and at S@H prices or less (although obviously some places don't have large stores and get a poor deal that way - the full size retail park warehouses have just about everything though).