cagri

Space Police 2009!

I think a land base is inevitable. Lego cant go through a theme with out one. I think a large prison would be good.

Honestly I'd really like a new land base for the Space Police, a la Lock-Up Isolation Base.

I think a land base is inevitable. Lego cant go through a theme with out one. I think a large prison would be good.

A few LEGO Space themes have been known to go without ground bases, with M:Tron and Space Police 2 being among them. But something along the lines of SP1's 6955 Space Lock-Up Isolation Base could be inspiration to draw from for something new, though I would prefer it larger and more enclosed.

Edited by Spacefan

I didn't actually like Space Police 1 very much, the Lock-Up Isolation Base one of the reasons why- it hardly seemed like a base at all. I'd really like another legendary Space HQ like that Blacktron I base... but after that awful Mars Mission one, I gotta say it makes me nervous. :tongue:

I didn't actually like Space Police 1 very much, the Lock-Up Isolation Base one of the reasons why- it hardly seemed like a base at all. I'd really like another legendary Space HQ like that Blacktron I base... but after that awful Mars Mission one, I gotta say it makes me nervous. :tongue:

I think I would pass on a "Eagle Command Base 2", I still have its huge darn pnuematic pump and hose gimmick occupying much valuable space in my largest LEGO bin (has thoughts of recycling or tossing it)... :hmpf_bad:

A land base would be great provided it's nothing like the Eagle Command Center...

Exactly. Even the Aero Tube Hangar was better than that.

:laugh:

The rocket was alright though :thumbup:

Latest call on Space Police sales from Jan Beyer:

Hi, i am not sure where the confusion comes from but they will be sold in Europe too. Jan

CopMike

Thanks for that confirmation CopMike :thumbup:

I thought at some point the theme may be split again ... a-la-Dino Attack/2010.

I'm glad that shouldn't happen. Dino Attack looked 100x better than 2010!

I can't wait to see pictures of the smaller sets - it seems there are loads of cool alien molds in this line.

Ah, so glad that I will be able to buy space patrol in the UK...

A base would be very cool, and by the looks of all recent themes it seems like a certain tbh.

(Volcano HQ for the bad guys in Agents, Sentai Fortress for the Exo Force lot etcetera.)

Know what would be awesome? An "Ultimate Collectors Series" of updated classic Space sets. That would rock.

Also, when's the earliest we can expect pics, do you think? I know the NYC Toy Fair is on the 15th...

Know what would be awesome? An "Ultimate Collectors Series" of updated classic Space sets. That would rock.

Also, when's the earliest we can expect pics, do you think? I know the NYC Toy Fair is on the 15th...

A UCS Classic Space series would rock! I'm not sure what all TLC would have to do to make the idea sell, more changes than some would like I suppose. But I would buy the sets, even if they were like a de-militarized form of Star Wars or something else.

The earliest I expect new pics is in two weeks, from the NYC Toy Fair...

Sorry to say, there´s new information from Jan B on the Space Police release :cry_sad::

Hi all, i investigated and Space Police will be out in Europe in 09 - only areas it will not be on the market are UK/IR, Russia and Japan - Sorry. Jan
So the UK/IR, Russia & Japan will not get SPIII in 2009, I don´t know if it means that it will be availiable later on! I´ll go and check.

CopMike

Sorry to say, there´s new information from Jan B on the Space Police release :cry_sad::

So the UK/IR, Russia & Japan will not get SPIII in 2009, I don´t know if it means that it will be availiable later on! I´ll go and check.

Interesting development, especially as the Mars Mission sets last year sold pretty reasonably over here.

Maybe we'll get them later- the Spongebob sets were delayed until the following year if I remember correctly.

eh? didn't know japan was in europe. :tongue: not sure why they single out japan yet didn't say anything about asia pacific. how about au/nz?

CopMike

I sincerely hope IR is not Ireland? Why on earth would we be affected by the UK when Ireland is in the Eurozone and Shop @ Home ships from Germany to here? If it's to do with distribution chains for retail, that's just another example of the bum deal we get here in Ireland due to European companies pretending we are part of the UK because they can't be bothered to ship here directly (lots of the expensive retail prices in Ireland are due to this roundabout supply route - and the UK distributors know they have a captive market and fleece us readily).

At least Shop @ Home ships directly from Germany to Ireland, but one does pay for the privilege and you have to wait too.

Maybe SPIII will be on Shop @ Home for Ireland? There's *NO* excuse for it not to be if the sets are available in the rest of the Eurozone. I'll be rather annoyed if this is not the case.

At least even if companies ignore Ireland being in the Eurozone, the ECB rationality has stopped Ireland actually having the same fate as Iceland - no thanks to our native politicians (unsurprisingly, most people in Ireland now like the idea of the Lisbon Treaty).

A lack of SPIII is a small matter of course, but if true it's yet another symptom of some fundamental problems.

Add Portugal and Spain on the list :)
Why? Jan didn´t say anything about that in his information.

They´re maybe not in the catalog, but as far as I know they will be launched, but it will be an exclusive for a chain of stores for PT/SP.

CopMike

Strange, very strange! At the very least, I think LEGO should offer SPIII to all areas via their shop @ home site. Seems a little bit weird that they are offering it to most of Europe and not the UK. If the worst comes to the worst I will source them by other means, but this means that I will restrict what I buy due to the extra cost involved. :angry:

This is a very strange move. Why only release it to part of Europe? It's almost like a sick joke.

I wonder if they'll be available at S@H in these countries, or at LEGO Brand stores. I can't see why not. It's possible they'll pull another Dino 2010, and remove all of the weapons in favor of clunky looking cages for the criminals. If that's the case I feel extremely sorry for these unfortunate countries. :cry_sad:

This seems like, above all else, an absolutely retarded and nonsensical marketing decision. Unless there's some other, more technical reason such as contracts or distribution costs, this is one of LEGO's lower moves. :thumbdown:

Edited by Algernon

Well, the reason for the UK not getting new sets could be the low value of £stg and the fact that Lego have to either sell too cheaply for it to be worthwhile, or sell at a price too expensive for the UK consumer, which is not worth their while either. And as I said, if that is a reason for the UK not getting them, then Ireland probably isn't just because it's lumped together with UK for distribution (if true, that would be the most miserable reason ever for no SPIII here).

Thanks for the news, but go to hell this is quite unfair :angry: I was actually going to buy one of these sets, and now............... start saving for BL :hmpf_bad: