• 5 - Outstanding

Squad Car

Set #: 7030

Theme: World City Police & Rescue

Year Released: 2003

Piece Count: 51

Minifigs: 1

List Price: $4 (USD)

Turn on the sirens! There's a speeder on the World City roadplates. Good thing we have 7030 Squad Car on the beat, to thwart the criminal syndicate of World City.

01box1.jpg Front of Box

02box2.jpg Back of Box

03instruc1.jpg Instructions - Front

04instruc2.jpg Instructions - Back

This little set has a nice set of stickers:

06stick.jpg

And an excellent policeman minifig with walkie-talkie:

05fig.jpg

The police car is rather nice with a sleek, rounded design:

07car1.jpg

The front bumber is rounded with a curved trans. yellow piece:

09front.jpg

The same piece in trans. red appears at the tail end along with a red and blue flat siren design:

10back.jpg

Officer Mike just received a radio dispatch that there's a 25-50 in progress...

08car2.jpg

He sees the perpitrator ahead! It's a Black & White. He quickly turns on his siren and follows the vehicle:

11chase1.jpg

He slows down and gets out of the squad car:

12stop.jpg

"What seems to be the trouble officer?", a classic Black & White asks.

13ticket.jpg

"I'm sorry Charlie", Officer Mike regrets to say, "You're classic vehicle is going way to slow along the streets of World City. I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you a ticket - going 25 in a 50".

"Below average"

Because, IMO, the squad car just looks like a random pile of parts, put together to make a car. And looking at the back of the box, that alternative racecar actually looks nicer.

No, this set certainly does not deserve better. Sweet minifig, though.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I nominate this car as the ugly-est car ever produced by lego.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Negatives:

- the base is to long comparded to te wheels

- the wings ??? why ???

- headlights / bumper dont look right together

- no doors

- It loos like they had some spare bricks that they HAD to use.

Edited by FreeBee

I don't think it's the ugliest car ever.. but I agree that it design is quite strange, I don't really like it ! 2/5 for me, anyway, that's a nice review^^

I don't get the hate here. This was a decent set. There have been better police cars since then, but at its time it looked better than just about any of the previous Lego squad cars, both the classic and junior era ones.

I nominate this car as the ugly-est car ever produced by lego.

FreeBee, consider this an warning. I have no problems, with members stating their displeasure with a set. However, could you please respect the Reviewer itself, whom took their precious time to present this to our members. If you wish to give negative comments about the set, JUSTIFY it with your words instead of SHOWING MULTIPLE :thumbdown: One of such symbol is enough. More than 10 such similar emotions is defintely overboard. Even though, you stated the negative points of this set in bullet order. However, it's extremely rude to show such displeasure to the topic/review/set itself.

I don't get the hate here. This was a decent set. There have been better police cars since then, but at its time it looked better than just about any of the previous Lego squad cars, both the classic and junior era ones.

You do have a point there; I hadn't thought of that. I suppose I just like the cars that are out now so much that this precursor still seemed very crude.

FIrstly thanks for the review of this set that I never picked up. I like where Lego seem to have been trying to go with this set but sadly I think they failed in the end, I could do with a roof and a few more refinement and it might be quite good.

You do have a point there; I hadn't thought of that. I suppose I just like the cars that are out now so much that this precursor still seemed very crude.

You can even see it in this review with the old 80s police car for comparison. The later 80s/90s cars were slightly better, but they all had that strange go-kart shape, and the junior era ones were even worse. This car was a good example of a 4-wide vehicle that didn't look too small.

Actually, the only major issue I have with this car is the lack of a roof. The gray bumpers look a little strange too, but you can always remove them.

FreeBee, consider this an warning. I have no problems, with members stating their displeasure with a set. However, could you please respect the Reviewer itself, whom took their precious time to present this to our members. If you wish to give negative comments about the set, JUSTIFY it with your words instead of SHOWING MULTIPLE :thumbdown: One of such symbol is enough. More than 10 such similar emotions is defintely overboard. Even though, you stated the negative points of this set in bullet order. However, it's extremely rude to show such displeasure to the topic/review/set itself.

Sorry for my impulsive reaction but it came from my heart.

I do like the review itself and i am very gratefull for the

donation of time in the review. It is well build up and good pictures.

I can see that other people like it but for me ... no.

Still the set has somepositive points for me:

- it has a great swoosh factor.

- Great minifig with it.

- good moccing possibilities :thumbup: ( :tongue: fast learner)

its even buildeble in ldd

Edited by FreeBee

I voted "average", but it would have been "above average" if there weren't those wings.

I mean, the car is not that bad: in 2008 we're used to "no-doors", even if this is an "old" model, and with the stickers it looks good. Those odd lights on front and rear look good too, and so do the two trans plates.

The bottom line: a set I'd like to own, and which I would mod, without those silly wings.

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for that very interesting review, TheBrickster. :thumbup:

A pretty sporty car that is indeed. These trans yellow and red

pieces´re very neat... I wonder whatever became of them..? :look:

but I do like the police officer's torso
Sweet minifig, though.

I wish TLC made more of these SWEET SWEET TORSO'S! :cry_sad: Theyre waaayyy better then the current police torsos :hmpf_bad:

The only reason I wouldve gotten this set is for the mini fig & pieces...

Wow!

I really didn't expect the negative comments about this little car. While I realize it's not the best little vehicle, it's a small, inexpensive set that has a few nice pieces and a great minifig.

But in any case, no offense taken from those of you who hate it - but how about the :thumbup: OUTSTANDING :thumbup: review? - throw me a bone here! :laugh:

Thanks to those of you who at least appreciate the review. I'm going to rate it between a 3 and a 4.

I've got some better World City sets to review, so better sets are coming.

I look forward to seeing them. The larger WC ground vehicles were all outstanding, even better than the recent police lineups in some ways.

Sorry for my impulsive reaction but it came from my heart.

FreeBee, it's alright to express yourself even if your views are negative. I can understand from your point of view. However, take a few moments and construct your thoughts well, and post it in a nice manner. Don't use multiple emotions again to depict your unhappiness. Its deemed more like spamming than expressing negatively. I thank you for apologising. :classic:

Wow!

I really didn't expect the negative comments about this little car. While I realize it's not the best little vehicle, it's a small, inexpensive set that has a few nice pieces and a great minifig.

But in any case, no offense taken from those of you who hate it - but how about the :thumbup: OUTSTANDING :thumbup: review? - throw me a bone here! :laugh:

Thanks to those of you who at least appreciate the review. I'm going to rate it between a 3 and a 4.

I've got some better World City sets to review, so better sets are coming.

I enjoy your reviews very much. However, I am not a fan of this set which is seemingly the shared opinion of the majority that voted. The car just doesn't look good, IMO. Still, I rated the set average as it has a pretty good piece/price ratio going.

Thanks for that very interesting review, TheBrickster. :thumbup:

A pretty sporty car that is indeed. These trans yellow and red

pieces´re very neat... I wonder whatever became of them..? :look:

Yea, they are quite nice peices :look:

Anyway, I actually like this set, it is somewhat sleek and I kinda like the wings :blush: I think that it is kinda cute

And stop being so mean to IT! :angry: Cars have feelings too :cry_sad::tongue:

Besides that old car in the comic

EDIT: wonderful review Brick-man :thumbup::tongue: Just wonderful :cry_happy::sweet:

Edited by hollisbrick

Above the average for me. One of the first non SW set I got after my dark age (along with the new police bike). A lot of potential for customization in order to make it a decent car.

The whole lot at an affordable price that you wouldn't dare to dream about today.

Wow, that's truly awful... especially with the addition of those wings on the side... what was TLG thinking during the whole World City line? I'm so grateful they pulled their heads in for the 50th anniversary...

:thumbdown:

But kudos on the review though.. very thorough! :)

Edited by welcomestranger

This set is maybe not that good, but nice enough. I was happy they had a set below the 10 euro count. I like the face of the police man very much. Pity they didn't use it in city sets after 2004.