Sign in to follow this  
Paul cantu

No Prisoners Taken

My opinion:

Great work, Paul Cantu, and...and... you used a new guard! Marvelous! The pirates and his skullpile look so cruel.

You have also chosen a good facial expression for the pirate, only I think you might have 'finished' the dead soldier a bit better.

Possible improvements:

1) I would have added some blood from the killed guard, flowing over the skulls if that could be done.

2) The soldiers dead body should lie down a bit lower to be more realistic, since his corps is a lot heavier then those empty skulls. MINOR thing though.

3) I think, I might be wrong of course, that the pirate would look better when he was "dancing" a bit (move one leg forward, the other one he uses to stand upon and his back leans a bit backwards). Just a thought.

4) Another MINOR point: try to let the dead soldier's decapitated head look into the lens, unless you don't have a suitable facial expression for him that is...

Non-brick related advise:

1) So cruel, I would add a slightly larger story to it though, that way it would be even more cruel!

Edited by zorro3999

Aha! Now that's cruel! :pir-devil:

Nice to see the new pirate minifigs in action and boy do they look good! :thumbup:

A few improvements you could make are:

1) I would highly recommend taking your pictures against a white background, which can be easily achieved by putting down large white pieces of paper under and behind the MOC. I feel that this is very important to the quality of the entry.

2) Adding some blood dripping down from the neck of the soldier would look good I think.

===============================================================

Very good work!

:pir-classic:

A few improvements you could make are:

1) I would highly recommend taking your pictures against a white background, which can be easily achieved by putting down large white pieces of paper under and behind the MOC. I feel that this is very important to the quality of the entry.

2) Adding some blood dripping down from the neck of the soldier would look good I think.

===============================================================

Very good work!

:pir-classic:

To tell you the truth I got a bit lazy with this. I built everything in about five minutes and knew that I should add the bloody effect but I didn't. I also was to lazy to get some white paper and I destroyed this creation almost immediately after I put it on. This is a perfect example of what never to do when you build something. :pir_bawling:

*British accent*

Oh goodness me! What a devouring and horrible entry! It is marvellous! Now, here are some things I personally think you should improve on...

1)Oh goody! The first one! Please retake the pictures and put them against a white background, after all an entry looks its best in a plain white background!

2)Would thee please make up thou mind on which type of skeleton head to use. It looks a bit out of place when you use different types of skeleton heads.

3) I am not a fan of the hats! After all, they too look a bit out of place. You can keep them but throw them around as in make them look messy!

4)There are too many skeleton heads in my opinion! it would be better if you could include maybe a decaying body or a skeleton body instead of so many skeleton heads.

5)Can you add more blood dripping down from the headless body! You must remember the bloodier the scene...the better!

6)Would you mind changing the pirates face to a more scary, angry and mean face? After all, the meaner the better.

7)Add a bigger story too it like maybe the living dead rising up to take revenge!

8)Please turn the head more too the camera and let the body lie on the floor, unless you are telling me that there are so much skeleton heads till their weight has overcome the bodies weight!

Good use of the new minifigs :thumbup: May the love and care of lady luck be with you :pir-skull:

Not bad at all! I'd suggest maybe turning another skull or two on its side and perhaps adding a ribcage/skellie torso thing. I also agree with the white background suggestion made by pr0visorak. Other than that, good showing! :pir-classic:

Cheers! No, wait....AVAST!

-Nich

Great work, Paul!

What I like:

All of the skulls are sure to draw attention to your entry, very cruel. The face choice for the pirate is perfect, and the use of new torsos is brilliant.

What could be improved:

Maybe just add some more blood to the head and the ground?

Oh, and maybe you would want to take more pics at different angles. The ones that you have taken all show the same thing. But good luck!

hehe that's a nice entry ^^ It really shows the real cruelty of pirates ! I see no improvement to it ...

but... is that the new pirates torso you used ? you bought the new pirates set ? man I hate you :pir_bawling:

anyway, I wish you good luck for the contest ^^

I see no improvement to it ...

but... is that the new pirates torso you used ? you bought the new pirates set ? man I hate you :pir_bawling:

anyway, I wish you good luck for the contest ^^

Yep I bought the new pirates sets! I really like the soldiers torso. :pir-laugh:

Opinion

Very nice MOC and I like how you used the new pirate and guard in your MOC. The skull pit mostly explains that this pirate has got some problems and takes no prisoners. In your MOC, I like how you have skeleton parts hanging around in different places.

Possible Improvements

1) Add a rat or rodent on top of the skulls.

2) Have some more blood pouring out of the guard’s body and have some blood on the ground.

3) On the bottom where the skulls are, maybe you could put some gold coins to give a better effect.

Non-Brick Related

1) I would turn the guards head around so you can see his face.

2) It would be nice if you have some sort of story or an explanation.

3) I recommend that you take all the pictures over again because the background is not the best. You can try using white pieces of paper for a background.

Overall- Even though this only took you five minutes, it turned out pretty good. I liked that you included the new pirates in your MOC. I have suggested some things to fix and I would recommend that you do some of them. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My Brickshelf

My small PTV contest entry is coming soon!

Uhh.. bloody. I see there will be taken no prisoners.. but lots of heads :pir-skull:

I like you little collection of heads, and that some of them have kept their hats

Possible improvements

Some blood on the groudn and the rocks from the dead soldier would be nice.

I'd like a story about this. Maybe how the soldier got there. Anything.

Some more pictures maybe? From different angles - maybe even from the back.

I'd give the pirate two differen weapons. And axe wouldn't be out of the way. You'de need a pretty sharp knife to cut the head of somebody.

You could also split the soldier a bit. So his arm was lying somewhere else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck with the contest