CopMike

Review: Ramboll Oil Platform

Hi!

I´d thought I would make a review of this set because it´s not likely that everybody would stumble upon their own copy of it.

So here we go:

Setnumber: Unknown, though it says 10-99 on the box

Setname: Ramboll Oil Platform Cecilie

Released in: 2008

Number of parts: 225 + sticker

Number of figs: 0

Price: Not buyable

First we´ll check out the box:

post-148-1226333694.jpg

It´s 19x28x5.5 cm in size, quite small actually!

When we open it we find the parts in one big LEGO bag:

post-148-1226333858.jpg post-148-1226333877.jpg

and if we look closer we can even see the sticker:

post-148-1226333966.jpg

The set is basicly built into sections, first of is the base that stand on the ocean floor:

post-148-1226334130.jpg

Then comes the first & lowest level of the platform itself:

post-148-1226350177.jpg

Notice the orange emergency rescue boat!

Close-up:

post-148-1226334866.jpg

Followed by the middle level:

post-148-1226350243.jpg

And at last but not least the upper level with the heli-pad:

post-148-1226334521.jpg

In the middle through the diffrent levels there is a bunch of thick pipes:

post-148-1226334597.jpg

Here are all the different sections:

post-148-1226335203.jpg

And let´s put everything together :sweet::

post-148-1226334763.jpg post-148-1226334803.jpg

For my rescue there is a small helicopter:

post-148-1226334941.jpg

The instructions are printed on thick glossy paper, a real classy one actually :thumbup::

post-148-1226335026.jpg post-148-1226335034.jpg post-148-1226335043.jpg

Well that´s about it for today. It was a fun build and I like the different colors also. There´s no new pieces in this set, everything is already done in other sets.

Here´s a picture of Ramboll´s big version - built in scala 1:50 and 160 cm high & about 18700 pieces:

post-148-1226335586.jpg

Link to more info on the big set.

Hope you enjoyed it :sweet:!

CopMike

seems to be a cool micro-scaled set , I like it ! how did you get it ?

So, the oil companies are so evil they made LEGO produce a set promoting them just because they released that Vesta's wind energy set. Wow...Satan.

Excellent review CopMike! Thanks for sharing buddy. I don't suppose you'll share with us how you got your grubby little bulldog fingers on this? :look:

Silly me. I assumed that was the recommended age...

Interesting, the baggie it comes in bears a very strong resemblance to what you get when you buy from PaB online or Factory.

Maybe TLC is using the same packing and processing facility for limited special promos as Factory?

Well its nice, but the heli could use spinnable blades.

Thank you very much for that great review, Copmike! :sweet:

That set looks great! :oh:

So, the oil companies are so evil they made LEGO produce a set promoting them just because they released that Vesta's wind energy set. Wow...Satan.

Although that's absolutely right, Hinckley, I really would like to see TLG releasing an oil rig set to the general public - but please in (about) minifig scale (and of course with a minifig scaled little helicopter and some minifigs). Wouldn't that be :wub: ?!

Klaus-Dieter

I think it is...

I don't think so, the polybag for the set shows 4+

Ramboll_15_EB.jpg

I like the looks of this set very much. How I wish it was for sale like a normal LEGO set.

Very nice review. Funny set, first time I have seen a set with no setnumber, strange!

Love to get my fingers on a copy. I heard that they handed them out at a oil-congress or something like that in Norway?

Keep those promos coming! (I cross my fingers that this little set will not set me back as much as the Vestas mill did).

Morten

:blush::hmpf: !

CopMike

Interesting, the baggie it comes in bears a very strong resemblance to what you get when you buy from PaB online or Factory.

Maybe TLC is using the same packing and processing facility for limited special promos as Factory?

Well its nice, but the heli could use spinnable blades.

Indeed, I wonder if all the parts are PaB inventory (I'm not going to check myself from the photos), in which case it's just a special box and instruction sheet for what is basically an ordinary Lego Factory composition.

Ah... LEGO teaching our younger generations to mine the Earth dry :sadnew: .

Pretty cool set, for a mini. If i didn't think the mini series were a waste of plastic (which comes from oil (I think :wacko: )), I'd probably get it.

Nice review of a very interesting set CopMike!

The design of it is actually quite nice. I wish that TLG would release more promo sets to the public...

This set was given out at a Norwegian oil fair in august. The back story is more or less that someone at Rambøll stumbled upon Lego Digital Designer and decided that this approach could be immensely useful in their line of work. Thus they entered into a cooperation with TLG to make an adaptation of LDD for quick sketching/conceptual development of oil rigs and rig modules.

Very nice review! Thanks for sharing it with us, but it reminded me of a mini creator size instead of a minifig size. If there is no reference picture attached, I will have a hard time understanding why the design look so wierd. :tongue:

Cool...It's like the Vestas set, only not as big and without the exclusive pieces.

If it was available for sale, though, I would pass it up.

Nice microset.

To many colours to look really good.

Maybe it could be done all in DB grey or something to get a more monocrome feeling.

Think I would like that :classic:

The bow looks very nice :thumbup:

-Ras-

Is there any number marked on the bag or instructions? (except for the age)

It's strange that a LEGO set without set number.

But it seems to be a LEGO Factory design product and may explain why this set has no set number.

Hej,

First of all, nice done review for such a tiny, nice little set. It really looks nice between some of the Architecture sets I think.

And now the second point. It's maybe a bit of a rude question, but could you scan the instructions? That would be extremly wonderful!

A nice LEGO-ish 2012 ;)

Thank you very much for that great review, Copmike! :sweet:

That set looks great! :oh:

Although that's absolutely right, Hinckley, I really would like to see TLG releasing an oil rig set to the general public - but please in (about) minifig scale (and of course with a minifig scaled little helicopter and some minifigs). Wouldn't that be :wub: ?!

Klaus-Dieter

If the Vestas windmill is anything to go off of, we will have our oil rig soon. And with it, many Oil Rig disaster scenarios! Muwahahahahahaha :devil:

Drill on! (And hope on!)

Dakar

I think it's too mismatched to look good. Interesting design, though. It'd look neat alongside the old Statue of Liberty with City set.

Maybe a BP license theme?

Oil rigs, rescue ships, the BP CEO's yacht... :devil:

Edited by Napoleon53