Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Thestral Carriage

theaterindex.gif

Today I wanted to make the carriage from the beginning of the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix book. It doesn't look very exciting in the movie, so I decided to make it as described in the book (well, all it says that it has a door and Ron dissapears in the darkness of the carriage, so)

Its drawn by thestrals, black thin/skelleton horses. The horses will be added later. I wanted to make it turn (in the front), but it didn't work out correctly and the other alternative looked way to long. But hower, I like it.

[uPDATE @ 22/03/09]:

3375145635_5c087ba197_o.jpg

3015640569_fb256052e8.jpg

3016475842_5a8c73d580.jpg

3016476500_afdf33e465.jpg

3015642699_c48708d926.jpg

Edited by Matn

Looks great Matn! Imagine that in gold :tongue:

Niiiice carriage! Would look great in any Harry Potter, Sleepy Hollow or Victorian scene.

As for the front turning... Can't you put a 2 x 2 plate with an idependently turning circle in the middle, right behind the chair?

Thanks! I really appreciate your comments.

I'll try something later tonight, to make it turn. And to show the model, I will make a photo of the carriage in Victorian style, with figures and horses. Maybe I'll post it in the History board, or would that be unnecessary? :sadnew:

EDIT:

An update of the Thestral carriage, now it turns and it has horses. I made it one stud longer, so it can turn now.

3019471288_4191e1617b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30479264@N06/3019471288/

Edited by Matn

That is a beautiful carriage--hope you get those skellie horses soon. I like the idea of a Thestral Carriage set too...too bad Harry Potter got the deep-six.

ohhhh that's nice!

I love it , that's a really cool design, the little scene with it is really cool too... I just have a question , does it open to let minifig goes in ? ^^

Thanks everyone.

No, it doesn't open. At first I made a door with a hinge on it, but I didn't like that so much and I figured out I wasn't going to use the open door anyway, it left it like this. Perhaps if I make some more carriages, there will be some with an open door to bring diversity. :classic:

Thats great! I love it! Its a shame that Lego didn't continue the Harry Potter line, there are soo many sets that could still be made, Including this one. :wub:

Nice work! :thumbup: