Set number: 7772

Number of pieces: 223

Minifigs: 2

Released: 24 Oct 2007 - 11 Sep 2008

Release price: $19.99, €14.99

Current price: New: $16.92 Used: $11.75

Peeron Brickset Bricklink

Brickshelf Folder

Hello! For my first review of the academy I decided to do 7772 Lobster Strike. The set was from the theme Aqua Raiders. It was a good theme, but most of the sets appeared on clearance shelfs faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocioux, and TLC finally decided to end the theme. It was a real pity. I thought it was going to turn out to be a great theme....guess not. Since they got rid of Aqua Raiders we, AFLOS and TFOLS, need a new Ocean/Underwater theme! Anyways, back to the review, so all in all this is a good set with minor faults.

Now....onto the review!

Box-Front:

lobster_strike_01.jpg

Image from LEGO.

Box-Back:

aqua_raiders_02.jpg

The back shows the movement of the Lobster and the vehicle. It also shows the entire Aqua Raider sets and information about lobsters.

Instructions-Front:

7772-3.jpg

The instructions show the entire set.

Instructions-Middle:

7772-4.jpg

Instructions-Back:

7772-5.jpg

Shows the entire Aqua Raiders collection minus 7776 Ship Wreck.

Minifigures-Front:

7772-6.jpg

The torsos are nicely detailed. The heads are common pieces.

Minifigures-Back:

7772-7.jpg

Printed on the back. Nice Aqua Raiders design.

Accessories:

7772-8.jpg

Two rare trans-blue crystals, an Aqua Raiders helmet, black hat, oxygen tank, flippers, and a harpoon gun.

Vehicles-Rover:

7772-10.jpg

This is the rover. It has some faults, but I'll get to that later. I like the yellow and black color scheme. It fits in nicely with the theme. The saw spins, but you have to do it manually. It also has a claw to pick up the diamonds and an opening glass window.

7772-11.jpg

Another view of the rover.

Lobster:

7772-12.jpg

The lobster is horrible, IMHO. The legs are unstable, but I'll get to that later. The black and red fits in nicely. It is oddly larger than a normal lobster would be. The claws can be closed and opened. The legs can also move. So do the arms and the tail.

7772-13.jpg

Another view of the lobster.

Complete set:

7772-14.jpg

Here you can see the entire set with the minifigures and accessories.

Faults:

7772-17.jpg

Here you can see the rover, but it isn't airtight.

7772-18.jpg

The glass can't open because the guns are blocking it from opening. To open it you have to spin the gun around and open it.

7772-19.jpg

The legs are horrific, because they are so unstable and keep falling off. This becomes very frustrating at times.

Conclusion:

This set is ok, but it has a couple of faults. It should have been cheaper and if TLC would have taken more time to design it, it could have been a great set.

Build: 9/10, It has an interesting build and it took me 20-40 minutes to build this.

Design: 6/10, The set was designed poorly, but nevertheless it is still an ok set.

Playbillity: 8/10, The set can be fun to play with. Many scenarios are possible.

Minifigs: 10/10, Two minifigs is a good amount for a set like this.

Price: 6/10, It would have been better if the price was $14.99.

Overall Score: 7/10, It could have been designed better and the price should have been $14.99.

This is what happens when dwarves are alerted of new areas to mine.....

7772-20.jpg

Now.....for a little extra:

In the dark, dark ocean a rover and 2 divers are digging for crystals.....

Eeeek!

What the hell was that?

Nothing.....It was probably just the rover.

Yeah, I guess your right.....

Eeeeeeek!

There it is again!

Out of the water imerges a giant lobster!

Oh shit! It doesn't look too happy....

Ya think!?! Aim the harpoon gun!

Got it!

Fire!

It jammed! Turn the rover around! Call in backup!

The radio isn't working!

Crunch! The rover has been smashed...

What in the world!?! Where'd you go? Hello?

Will they survive.......find out next week in the new hit series, Aqua Raiders! :tongue:

Edited by Lego12

A nice review of a very neat set (especially that giant tasty lobster). The setting of that poor AquaRaider in that non-tight

cockpit is... well, really breathtaking. :tongue:

Lego12, please don't post your Acadmey reviews until the first 3 have been passed.

-VBBN

I definetly agree with the legs.

The red tips (dinosaur tails?) fall out constantly.

I will mention though, that TLC seems to have addressed this problem recently, those pieces in the Space Skulls set seem to fit much tighter now, as well as the clicky technic bits they are attached to.

On my lobster I ended up swapping out pieces from Space Skull so now it's doesnt have the problem...

nice review, this set seems nice when I watch it on shop, but now I don't really know if i m going to buy it , anyway, Nice review Lego12 !

Lego12, please don't post your Acadmey reviews until the first 3 have been passed.

-VBBN

Oh, I thought it was after one review! Sorry! :blush:

nice review, this set seems nice when I watch it on shop, but now I don't really know if i m going to buy it , anyway, Nice review Lego12 !

Thanks Guss! I'm glad that people are liking it. :classic:

Oh, I thought it was after one review! Sorry! :blush:

Please take note. If there is any other questions, direct it inside the academy. :wink:

By the way, I own this set too, and for 50% discount which I had bought. This is totally worth it. I love the ocean rover and find it pretty cool with its blade and fist. The rare trans-blue crystal is what really caught my eyes. I love that rare blue crystal, and I had used for my dwarves to mine for precious ore inside my dwarves mine. Good job. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

By the way, where is your poll? Could you add it yourself? Thanks.

Please take note. If there is any other questions, direct it inside the academy. :wink:

By the way, I own this set too, and for 50% discount which I had bought. This is totally worth it. I love the ocean rover and find it pretty cool with its blade and fist. The rare trans-blue crystal is what really caught my eyes. I love that rare blue crystal, and I had used for my dwarves to mine for precious ore inside my dwarves mine. Good job. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

By the way, where is your poll? Could you add it yourself? Thanks.

Poll added. I will be reviewing another set today! :sweet: