Sir Dano

The 2009 Pirate LEGO

I got mine a week ago and I'm begining to regret not having a better camera for posting a review of it. I know a lot of people seemed to be let down by certain aspects of it they noticed in photographs, but as I put it together, I have to say I was absolutely transported back to my childhood and some of the ships from the original Pirate line.

Cool, i'm very grateful sombody here could sneak this awesome ship!! This is the only set besides the shipwreck set of which we haven't seen proper pictures yet, so i'm looking forward to it :thumbup:

Now if only someone will give us a review of it...

Will do! =D

I'm getting it soon as my mom gets back from TRU, and I'll be sure to give a review!

~Trexxen

Not sure where you live, but around me, TRU is always the place that gets next year's stuff first (compared with Target, Wal Mart, etc.) Prices can be bad (I saw Star Wars battle packs for $14.99 -- a 50% markup from S@H prices), but I found the Indiana Jones and Exo Force stuff there first.

Huh. I've always known people to complain about Toys R Us being behind and stuff. But I guess I live in the middle of nowhere.(Michigan)

I found some of the new pirate sets at one of the three TRUs I stopped at here in Pennsylvania.

I picked up 6240 Kraken Attack ($9.99), 6241 Loot Island ($19.99) and 6253 Shipwreck Island ($39.99). They also had both the pirate impulse sets, but TRU had them at $4.99, so I passed. No Cannon Battle, but I'm feeling pretty lucky overall. :pir-cry_happy:

Buying Lego pirate sets at retail for the first time in 10 years was groin-grabbingly trancendent. For the first time since my dark ages, I didn't analyze the price-per-piece ratio before buying. I just grabbed the new sets and floated to the checkout.

Off topic: A lot of people didn't get the memo about the economy. Everywhere I went today was crowded with shoppers.

to go along with salty tbone, i too, did not check the price per piece ratio until i had already paid for it. I found shipwreck hideout in toys r us after scanning the price of Cargo Train Deluxe. i accidentally saw a box that was tipped over and lifted it up. much to my surprise i saw a new lego pirates set staring me in the face. i immediately grabbed it and held on for dear life. i put the train back, looked to see if there were any more pirates sets, and when i discovered there werent after about 10-15 minutes, i headed for the register. when i left there was one shipwreck hideout on the shelf, begging to be bought. oh and this was in nj

Buying Lego pirate sets at retail for the first time in 10 years was groin-grabbingly trancendent.

Very true :pir-laugh:

I visited Toys R Us today, and walking away with 2009 sets was magical! In addition to new pirates, the town and creator sets are popping up too!

Today I went to a lego store in Valley Fair, and ask a worker there, and she said they will be putting them out around early Dec, 2008, so it is before the Xmas time. ^_^.

I think it is 90% trustful info, so i post here to let everyone know.

I would hazzard a guess that LEGO want the sets to be in the shops before they start selling online so they can make more of a profit from the shops buying in bulk with satisfaction that they'll sell plenty of the sets.

If only I had known before I went and bought most of the impulses in the store. Good luck on good deals. :pir-laugh:

Think about it:

Making stores the only option at first means higher figures for those stores. This is intentional, because LEGO wants stores to say "These sell well. Let's get more." The point is to help keep Lego selling in stores. There may also be some sort of agreement between TLC and its sellers, to benefit the sellers by not competing directly with them for X period of time.

Found some at Toys R Us in Lithonia, GA...they had Cannon Battle, Loot Island and Shipwreck Hideout. Bought a Hideout and a Cannon Battle (left the other cannon battle for some lucky kid who will hopefully grow up to be an AFOL).

HEY GUYS! Look what I found!

TRU 15% off coupon, valid today through the 20th!

http://blogs.toysrus.com/deals/

Cool, thanks!

I'm frustrated, not only were the two biggest pirate sets not in store, but now they aren't included online either! I wonder how long it will be until Toys R Us makes them available?

Nice photography as always Nadroj, thanks for sharing and enjoy your early purchases lucky :monkey:

Damn Americans getting everything early! :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-tongue:

From my knowledge there is a LEGO production facility in China, so you should get the sets before I do in Australia. :pir-angry:

We're almost always late mate, nothing new there :pir-hmpf_bad::pir-cry_sad:

So far Im definitely getting

Soldier Impulse - Truckload of 'em! :pir_laugh2:

Soldiers Fort - Looks pretty cool :pir-blush:

Pirate Ship which name escapes me - Maybe not sure If I will get it...But I will have to, What is the use of buying Pirate sets and not a ship?! :pir_laugh2:

Krakken Attackin' - I like the raft.