Sir Dano

The 2009 Pirate LEGO

the female pirate in the crowsnest of 6253 Shipwreck Hideout on page 6 of the catalogue is having some difficulty with her telescope. She seems to have it held up to her eyepatch! No wonder her musket isn't aimed at anything. This little embarassment also features on the front of the box!

Laurie

good eye!!! :pir_laugh2: I bought 3 copies of that set, one of them is still sealed, and I didn't even notice that :pir-hmpf_bad:

One minor detail I noticed while checking to see if this new head was used in any other sets is the female pirate in the crowsnest of 6253 Shipwreck Hideout on page 6 of the catalogue is having some difficulty with her telescope. She seems to have it held up to her eyepatch! No wonder her musket isn't aimed at anything. This little embarassment also features on the front of the box!

yes she is! :pir_laugh2:

Sure looks funny.

A red coat ship... That would be great. :pir-wub:

Kind regards,

Teddy

OK, first of all, I'm not sure if this is worth a new thread, but...

I live in Sofia, Bulgaria, and today I went to the LEGO shop here and they had some Pirates sets: 6239 Cannon battle, 5240 Kraken Attacking and 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty !

Sadly, there was no trace of the Soldier's Fort, which I want. :pir_bawling:

Edited by Nikola Bathory

They have been available in the UK for a while now. Nice find.

Edited by Skipper 24

God luck for you:

But we germans, get for a few days ago a new Pirate-theme legosite. So that means the product's will arrive soon :pir-cry_happy:

-Site-

Greetings 'Bricks'

Impulse-Sets are available in Germany since a few days, Pirates may start to show up in stores at the beginning of the next week (at least i hope so)

I live in Sofia, Bulgaria, and today I went to the LEGO shop here and they had some Pirates sets: 6239 Cannon battle, 5240 Kraken Attacking and 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty !

Well that is good news. But so far, I think the Soldiers Fort is the best because I really like Imperial Guards and it is nice that TLC released anothers soldiers fort since I don't have any of the older ones.

Nothing in the Netherlands yet. :pir-sceptic:

But you're lucky! :pir-blush:

I can't believe that the pirate sets have not yet come out in the Netherlands yet. The new Pirate sets have been out in the United States atleast a month before Christmas.

They have been available in the UK for a while now. Nice find.

The UK and United States and other parts of the world are lucky to have the new Pirate sets already.

Not in Spain until March or April, at least... :pir-sceptic:

What? I can not believe what you say. Until March or April. Now that is just not fair for you and all the other Lego lovers in Spain. I don't know how you can survive with out the new Pirate sets.

I live in Spain too, and I decided buy the new sets in UK because are about 30% cheapest than in S@H in Spain. In Hispabrick (annual Spanish meeting) I listen that they would be in shops at the end of february.

I live in Spain too, and I decided buy the new sets in UK because are about 30% cheapest than in S@H in Spain. In Hispabrick (annual Spanish meeting) I listen that they would be in shops at the end of february.

That is a smart idea ordering from S@H UK. Also, I think that February is much better than coming out in March or April.

One minor detail I noticed while checking to see if this new head was used in any other sets is the female pirate in the crowsnest of 6253 Shipwreck Hideout on page 6 of the catalogue

Which region was this catalogue from? I've only see the 2 page catalogue spread for the 2009 Pirates and they were on pages 20 and 21.

You Europeans must be happy. This will hopefully help create new MOCS.

Edited by Broadside

I said it in the "sets unavailabilty" topic, I'll say it here too:

In Italy we have all the 2009 Pirates sets, except my favourite: 6253 Shipwreck hideout.

I don't know if it's coming out later or if it just won't (no Italian catalog yet).

Edit (after I read what phoinix wrote in the following post): sets are priced like on Shop@Home.

i found the sets yesterday at my local toy store in Thessaloniki.

unfortunatly as always the prices in Greece are crazy

the pirate ship costs 125 euro

and the soldiers fort 75 euro!!

since we cant shop through shop@home we dont get many alternatives here.

and if i get the sets from ebay its going to cost about the same with shipping so i am stuck with the crazy prices.

Smyth's Toys here in Ireland have at least some of the new Pirate sets. Haven't seen all the prices, but Smyth's as usual have some prices cheaper than S@H, e.g Cannon Battle at just €5!. The Art and Hobby Shops (handy to visit - shopping mall or town main street) have them all except impulse sets - the cheaper ones have a mark-up (e.g. €7.50 for Cannon Battle), but the bigger ones seem to be close to RRP. They even have Shipwreck Hideout. Also don't forget Art n Hobby have a 20% off scheme (I think it's something like if you spend €100, you get voucher for €20?).

Of course it's more attractive to order from the UK if possible. If you can't get there in person, there is Amazon.co.uk and toysdirect.co.uk.

I hope to get to Smyth's here though and pick up one or two more Cannon Battles at that great price!

Well, check back often man, because I got the Fort from the shop in the Hali. And, if you can't wait - get them from this online shop here: http://www.1001igrachki.com/index.php?cPath=62_81

Edited by Captain Dreadbrix

I can't believe that the pirate sets have not yet come out in the Netherlands yet. The new Pirate sets have been out in the United States atleast a month before Christmas.

You better believe it. Apart from the impulse figs, I haven't seen any Pirate sets here in the Netherlands. Oh well, they were slow with the Troll Fort (Castle) and the first waves of Indy as well. Some day we'll be in step with the rest of the world... :pir-sceptic:

I went to a local toy shop here in Greece and the new pirates were there!

All the new sets were available except for the 6253 Shipwreck Hideout. I bought the Cannon Battle and the Soldier's Arsenal and i must say, although being sceptical about the new line in the beginning, the new minifigs are GREAT! (..and that new cannon colour.....amazing!)

I visited our local toystore (part of a multinational chain) yesterday, and it only had the Soldier-impulse out of all the new Pirate sets. :sad:

I decided against buying it, and will instead wait until the others arrive as well to assess if I really want it. :sceptic:

I decided against buying it, and will instead wait until the others arrive as well to assess if I really want it. :sceptic:

You DIDN'T buy some? :pir-tongue: I still don't understand why there's no pirate for sale in the Netherlands yet...

If there is a set I immediately try to get it! :pir_laugh2: