Sir Dano

The 2009 Pirate LEGO

Found four sets at the Greenwood, Indiana Toys R Us - Canon Battle, Krackin Attackin, Loot Island and Shipwreck Hideout.

Are the two impulse sets (or impulse sets in general) kept away from the regular LEGO area in stores? I didnt even think to look elsewhere, maybe they had those too and I missed them.

Edited by BigDumbWookiee

Hmph... Lucky Americans!!!

Australia wants pirates too!

Who cares about a global credit crunch when new Pirate Lego is around!

Regards, Cpt PB

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Aw man, I wish every country had a TRU like that..in my country they have no LEGO Pirates, but not only that, they don't even have the Republic Gunship! (where I don't care about since I already have a gunship from another toy store..) I just wish all TRU's were as great as the American TRU's! :pir-cry_sad:

Offtopic: Oh my Godness this is horrible! The TX30S Republic Tank just ran out of the Toy store here without even being for two months here! Ahh!! Ok that was it. Now back to Pirates. Just had to say that..no problem, right? ..I think..

Edited by General Magma

They are now on his brickshelf folder *hint* Although a bit blurry, but they do it for now..i like that they made the back modular, as with the skeleton ship, and there's also a storage area under the cabine :pir-wub: The interior of the cabin itself could be a bit better, but it already is more than in every other pirate ship before!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=352547

Edited by metalandi

thanks for the pics! they're blurry but that's ok ^^ that's a really nice ship! I just regret the only 3 canons...

They are now on his brickshelf folder *hint* Although a bit blurry, but they do it for now..i like that they made the back modular, as with the skeleton ship, and there's also a storage area under the cabine :pir-wub: The interior of the cabin itself could be a bit better, but it already is more than in every other pirate ship before!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=352547

Lookin pretty cool!

I really hope the Pirates line takes off and we start getting higher end and more advanced sets, like Castle's new Marketplace.

There seems to be no love for Texas. I just went to TRU in Frisco and I just happened to run into a LEGO Representatve and I asked her about the Pirate sets. She told me that they are for the 2009 line and to look for them next year. I told her that many of the TRU stores were already selling them, as well as their online site. She seemed surprised, and told me that she hasn't even seen them yet herself. She had some sort of schedule with her and proceeded to look up more info on the Pirates line. All she could see was that they are scheduled to arrive sometime in December.

Edited by CaptainBrickBeard

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!! WHY THEY DON'T JUST PUT THEM IN ALL COUNTRIES THEN, IN EUROPE THERE'S NO LEGO PIRATES WHILE LEGO IS MADE IN EUROPE (Denmark) WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH EUROPE?!?!!!? IF LEGO PIRATES APPEAR IN EUROPE I EXPECT IT TO HAVE LOWER PRICES THAN IN AMERICA, SINCE WE HAVE TO WAIT LONGER!! HERE IN EUROPE WE ALWAYS GET THE NEWEST SETS LATER THAN AMERICA!! :pir_mad:

:jollyroger:

Edited by General Magma

WHY THEY DON'T JUST PUT THEM IN ALL COUNTRIES THEN?

Well, apparently, the reason we have to wait is because European stores have different stocking times for the new products (or something like that. I'm not entirely sure).

IF LEGO PIRATES APPEAR IN EUROPE I EXPECT IT TO HAVE LOWER PRICES THAN IN AMERICA, SINCE WE HAVE TO WAIT LONGER!!

Unfortunately, things don't work like that. Especially with the current economic crisis.

HERE IN EUROPE WE ALWAYS GET THE NEWEST SETS LATER THAN AMERICA!! :pir_mad:

Wrong. I've heard we in the EU are going to get the Castle sets earlier than the US in order to compensate for the lateness of the Pirates.

Bluebeard, out-

Wrong. I've heard we in the EU are going to get the Castle sets earlier than the US in order to compensate for the lateness of the Pirates.

Bluebeard, out-

Hooray for early Castle! :pir-cry_happy:

Now for the Pirates :jollyroger:

Don't forget, with release dates in Europe there's no Thanksgiving and no Black Friday... But we still want to do Christmas shopping.

Edited by The Rancor

The sets are now in the Milwaukee, WI area TRUs- the island, the Kraken, the hideout, and the cannon attack.

I also noticed that a few of the new city sets were there, as were the new themed basic block sets, one of which features a freckled-face pirate minifigure.

Edited by Tacitus

Any information on the middle of nowhere (Michigan)? I might decide to go on thursday.

Edited by daxflame680

No Pirates in my local TRU yet either. :pir-cry_sad: However, they did have one or two new City sets...

I have decided to make a review. I will make Iit :pir-classic: SOON! A er never mind I found out someone else made one

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Some of the Pirates sets found in Orange County, CA. Picked up Loot Island on my lunch break. Mostly, so I can use the baseplate to build the finale scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark! Woot!

Side note, I'm bummed that the new flame piece has the tiny post sticking out from the regular post. You can't attach the flame to the brown carrot/torch. The hole isn't deep enough. That will make the new flame kind of limited usage. Bummer.

They have made it to Kansas City.

I got the Shipwreck Hideout, and Loot Island. I love em even more than expected.

I suspect that Europe will get Brickbeards Bounty before we do.

No pirates here!

Not at wal-mart anyways.

That's the closest place for me to check and i'm not going to drive all over the country in search of $20 of lego that i can afford to buy right now. :pir-tongue:

Hinckley lied to me. :pir_bawling:

My life is over! I have no reason to live!...

... oh wait, i still do. :blush:

I'll just strike out that last bit.

Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of cool Pirate rafts, and the one featured in Kraken Attackin' is just too awesome to wait for.

Luckily, I have an uncle who lives in Florida.

Question: Is Kraken Attackin' available in Florida (i.e. through TRU or something)?

Feedback would be great, and if you find one, be sure to tell me where so I can get uncle Jon on it x

~A.S.