Sir Dano

The 2009 Pirate LEGO

:pir-wub:

Unfortunately, however, the ship is $99.99 USD - I thought it'd be $80 tops! The gentleman at the store said they're due to be released two weeks before christmas (much like Indiana Jones was) so I'll have to wait and get it then; perhaps some TRU coupons will surface. :jollyroger:

Hmm... I guess ship parts are hard to produce (the masts, anchor and wheel are all 3 part molds, the hull ends require assembly, sails are cloth), which is why for less parts ships in general cost more than other sets with the same number of pieces.

This ship actually fits the pricetag of classic ships well -

SES- $125

BSB - $120

RBR - $100

It's got the same price as the RBR, but with around 100 less pieces... meh...

:pir-hmpf_bad:

I wouldn't be getting it anyway, as I only want MOCing parts, which a ship doesn't fully provide.

For me the most exciting feature is the printing on the torsos. It seems that LEGO is doing double-sided prints on alot of their figs this year. In my mind, this is the single biggest development as it means that a minifig can be posed in a variety of ways and still have the torso print showing. I'm not too fussy about the ship myself. It's quite expensive and it simply doesn't look that impressive. It's the smaller sets that really appeal to me. Unfortunately, the governor's daughter (who would fit in well in my castle universe) is only available with the pirate ship which means she'll be fetching $10+ on bricklink.

OMG, I shocked see the brilliant pictures. Definetely, all must BUY. TLC heard us, no sticker, printed legs, shako, and backtorso... awesome color for boat, plume, raised base plate, bandanas...

Hopefully will arrive in my country soonest, with touchable prices. Even little bit pricey, as a serious collector, you just have 2 choices : BUY or have a terrible dream day to day.

Luckily, since I'm going up around Christmas (which is also a day away from my birthday), my wife and friends are going to be looking away from the price tag. :pir-grin: So, I'm getting the ship anyway. I'm currently on tour in the U.S., and I've taken this opportunity to call the LEGO Imagination Center at Disney and order two of the smaller sets (Krakin Attackin and Shipwreck Island). I'll have a review up as soon as I get them. :pir-sweet:

As for Lego 12- I can't wait to see a review go up! However, I've got dibs on the fort. :pir-sad::pir-grin: If that's alright with everyone else, 'course.

Luckily, since I'm going up around Christmas (which is also a day away from my birthday), my wife and friends are going to be looking away from the price tag. :pir-grin: So, I'm getting the ship anyway. I'm currently on tour in the U.S., and I've taken this opportunity to call the LEGO Imagination Center at Disney and order two of the smaller sets (Krakin Attackin and Shipwreck Island). I'll have a review up as soon as I get them. :pir-sweet:

As for Lego 12- I can't wait to see a review go up! However, I've got dibs on the fort. :pir-sad::pir-grin: If that's alright with everyone else, 'course.

I can't wait for your review!

You've been doing really well with your other ones in the Academy. I'm still so excited about these sets, I feel all jumpy! :pir-tongue:

Is it just me, or does this NOT look like 592?

piece_count.png

EDIT: It actually looks like "420"

Edited by Adam

Do we know the set names and price (USD) yet?

I picked up all the sets available this morning.

Here are the USD prices by set:

6239 - Cannon Battle $6

6240 - Kraken Attackin' $10

6241 - Loot Island $20

6242 - Solders' Fort $50

6243 - Brickbeard's Bounty $100

8396 - Soldier's Arsenal $3.50

8397 - Pirate Survival $3.50

Edited by ssgdave

I wish I lived closer to Orlando that Pensacola :-p Do they have them at the Lego store at Disneyland in California?

I'm going home on leave in around 5 days and that's only 30 minutes away from the 'rents.

Hm, this is exciting. I knew a lot of the new sets would come out this year, but not this early! A pleasant surprise indeed. I wonder if my Imagination Center has 'em...

Do they have them at the Lego store at Disneyland in California?

I'll check on Monday. :pir-classic:

-snip- Do they have them at the Lego store at Disneyland in California? -snip-

I'm stopping by there today to find out. They are usually pretty slow to get things, but I'm hoping!

I got a phone number to the imagination center! Its 407-828-0065! Qiuckly! order yours today! make sure you know the set number!

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Ah, this is nice news, I'm excited for reviews now! :pir-laugh:

Is it just me, or does this NOT look like 592?

piece_count.png

EDIT: It actually looks like "420"

It actually looks like an Ewok face. :pir-tongue:

:skull:

Very nice to see this pictures already. I like the double sided printed torso.

The big one piece Island is not that bad as it can be put on a blue baseplate.

The flat back will let a second placed to it, so you can make a twice so big island

I think the face of the bearded pirate is the same as the old civilian in the medievil marketplace.

I'm waiting with pleasure on reviews. :pir-blush::pir_laugh2:

Apparently, you can get them in th UK too. Pricey Though

8397 Pirate Survival

8396 Soldier's Arsenal

6239 Cannon Battle

6240 Kraken Attackin

6241 Loot Island

6242 Soldier's Fort

6243 Brickbeard's Bounty

Edit: If I buy one of the small sets now, sure it'll be a bit more pricey but I would have it in my hands by Wednesday!! Tempting... but it feels wrong somehow.

Edited by Mister Phes

Hey Chris!

Those sets offered on ebay UK are way too expensive mate! I suggest you wait or order them from the US like I did today, its way cheaper...

These were most likely released to coincide with the Giant Pirate Figure Build taking place at the Orlando store this weekend. And no, the other LEGO locations probably won't have these for sale 'til later.

I am kind of jealous though that Orlando gets that BAM display. I'm curious if Shakos are part of the accessory bin?

Just made a phone call and my order should be on the way shortly! Sure, I could have saved some $ on shipping by waiting, but what's the fun in that? :pir_laugh2:

I am kind of jealous though that Orlando gets that BAM display. I'm curious if Shakos are part of the accessory bin?

<Shudders at the idea of a group of AFOL Pirate fans unleashed on a BAM display with shakos floating around in it. >

Two words: feeding frenzy!

badger

I got the number and ordered two sets on the phone, just can't wait to get my hands on them! :pir-wub:

Will they ship them to Bahrain? Doesn't that cost a lot?

Btw, how is payment done when you order via this mysterious telephone number?

I would imagine that you would give them your credit card number.

I can't decide if I should phone over and get them now, or be a reasonable person and wait... :pir-tongue:

I would imagine that you would give them your credit card number.

I can't decide if I should phone over and get them now, or be a reasonable person and wait... :pir-tongue:

I'm going to be reasonable and wait until they arrive in shop@home. I'm not ready to give someone my credit card details via telephone. Besides, anticipation is the best part.

This is great news! I bet that most of the early 2009 sets will be out by mid december - probably only in overpriced TRU though. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Personally, I don't see what is wrong with the price of the pirate ship. It's no more expensive than previous pirate ships, and I'm betting that extra costs probably went into reproducing all the pirate pieces. Although, since the price of the line now totals about $206, I certainly won't be able to get all of it until much later next year. Oh, this is going to be expensive.... :pir_wacko: