Sir Dano

The 2009 Pirate LEGO

Holy early release Batman!!! That rocks! I'm gonna be soooo broke. I guess I'm putting off getting a new engine for my Camaro.. that car has waited for it for 10 years, what's another 6 months? :-p

:pir-wub: Those look amazing. I've been waiting for this since I came out of my "dark ages". The sets look great and the detailing on the torsoes is stellar. Looks like I'll be breaking the bank yet again to afford these. Has anyone seen these appear anywhere else?

I think the prices go (in USD):

$3.49 (impulses)

$5.99 (cannon)

$9.99 (kraken)

$19.99 (island)

$39.99 (shipwreck)

$49.99 (port)

$99.99 (ship)

I think those are the prices; or close to that.

And when ordering, minus the Ship, it was $15.99 to post it.

$3.49 (impulses)

$5.99 (cannon)

$9.99 (kraken)

$19.99 (island)

$39.99 (shipwreck)

$49.99 (port)

$99.99 (ship)

Whatwhatwhat? The ship is $99.99?! It only has 592 pieces! :pir_bawling:

Anyway... The est of the sets are beautifully priced, though. :thumbup: Can't wait...

Besides the ship, the sets are very reasonably priced.

I'll wait until they come out near me to buy them though. I'm very excited!

content1.jpg

CARTRIDGE BOXES! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

That's just a sweet and awesome detail.

Thanks a lot for pics sir dano!

I heard early releases, but not this early!

mmm

U$1200- air ticket-- chile to USA

U$200- rent a car-- to disney

U$80- Disney World pass

U$3.49 (impulses) x 10

U$5.99 (cannon) x 6

U$9.99 (kraken)

U$19.99 (island)

U$39.99 (shipwreck)

U$49.99 (port)

U$99.99 (ship)

Back to home.. whit a smile bigger than the world economic crisis.. priceless

Well, being on the Disney College Program and moving to Florida has meant that I've had to vanish from EuroBricks for some time now...but it also gave me the chance to pick up a LEGO Pirate set for the first time in years. :pir-grin: I bought Loot Island, and shooting cannons are absolutely the best. I didn't have much time to spend at the event (had to work and put my set together, don't'cha know) but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning.

Now, the question is, do I buy just one more set? I'd love to get Cannon Battle or Kraken Attackin', but I really should pace myself. After all, these really will be in Wal-Marts and Toys R Uses in just a few months. When I first saw all those brand new Pirate sets stacked in front of the registers at the LEGO Store, I thought I'd walked into a dream. :pir-sweet:

I would have bought that sweet new Pirate hoodie, but I doubt they had one in my size, and I'd have to be crazy to spend that much money and not buy the actual sets...

TC

Well, being on the Disney College Program and moving to Florida has meant that I've had to vanish from EuroBricks for some time now...but it also gave me the chance to pick up a LEGO Pirate set for the first time in years. :pir-grin: I bought Loot Island, and shooting cannons are absolutely the best. I didn't have much time to spend at the event (had to work and put my set together, don't'cha know) but I'll be back bright and early tomorrow morning.

Now, the question is, do I buy just one more set? I'd love to get Cannon Battle or Kraken Attackin', but I really should pace myself. After all, these really will be in Wal-Marts and Toys R Uses in just a few months. When I first saw all those brand new Pirate sets stacked in front of the registers at the LEGO Store, I thought I'd walked into a dream. :pir-sweet:

I would have bought that sweet new Pirate hoodie, but I doubt they had one in my size, and I'd have to be crazy to spend that much money and not buy the actual sets...

TC

What is this pirate hoodie you speak of?! One can never have enough hoodies, especially where I live! :pir-tongue:

Someone else will have to post pictures, but there were several pieces of cool Pirate merchandise for sale besides, you know, the actual sets. (Even as I write this, I wonder why I'm not down there looking at them.) There was an awesome foam cutlass, a forty dollar hoodie, and a matching t-shirt. (If the t-shirt had come in anything larger than youth sizes, I would have bought it no matter how little money I make down here. People have got to know that Pirates are BACK!)

Oh, and on the inside of the Soldiers' Fort there's a series of scratch marks made by the prisoner to denote how long he's been there. I want these sets...

TC

I just called the Lego US offices and they said they had no clue that those sets had gone on sale!

Which number did you guys dial to order those sets please?

Way to blow it! Now LEGO Corporate knows the sets are out early and will take steps to rectify the "mistake" :P

$3.49 (impulses)

$5.99 (cannon)

$9.99 (kraken)

$19.99 (island)

$39.99 (shipwreck)

$49.99 (port)

$99.99 (ship)

Hm, those don't sound half-bad, but I'll have to agree with the many other people that say that the ship is too expensive. I may have to pass on that one and Bricklink the figs. :pir-classic:

For those of you that don't know, Greater Florida LEGO User Group (or GFLUG) is having their annual Festival of the Masters display in front of the LEGO Imagination Center in Orlando, Florida this weekend. Our theme this year is "Transportation: Past, Present, & Beyond", so all of our MOCs are somehow tied back to our theme -- you'll see pictures of our MOCs in Joe's Flickr stream, or mine. We should be posting pictures all weekend from the event.

When I learned that there would be a Pirate build at the LIC this weekend, I suspected that maybe they might have the new pirates sets for sale in the store. However, when I walked in the store this morning, I didn't think it would be the whole 2009 pirate line (minus the impulse set). And for those of you familiar with the Build-a-Minifig at the Orlando store (3 figs with accessories for $10), there is a Build-a-Minifig tent near the GFLUG display where they have typical BaM pieces, but also with 2009 pirate torso, heads, legs, and accessories! I'll post pictures tomorrow after we set up our display.

--Mike.

Wow! This is great news!

I really really like these *wub* Probably get the two of the smaller ones and the impulses *y*

Well, the sooner it comes tho the US, the more on time it will be released in Aus.

Btw is that octupussy a trans red octopus like the Agents ones?

I'm curious about the pictures.

but normally come only in December that sets out so what is now for sale is nice pick.

Oja in europe they only come around March or in May.

But it is not my sets but the small number in the program by the book.

but total of 7 sets, and maybe in the 2 half of 2009 still a couple.

Lego is about 5% in 2009 from more sets than in 2008.

There is a large demand for new theme sets like this series but also city.

But I hope you make nice pictures and place on the Internet.

I like this. I for one intend to buy the canon battle ("telescope" piece, flame piece, canon that fires, 2 figs and some other nice pieces) and possibly more stuff.

Of course, knowing the way Lego Australia (and the big retailers in this country) work, we will be lucky to see the sets this side of Easter :(

Oh boy this really made my year! I love all of them, and I think my town plans will be on a definate halt to give space to a Lego- Caribbean trading post and treasure island... or lots of them, dozens... .

Yeah, the ship sure seems steeply prized, thank goodness for the strong Euro. Otherwise, no surprises, still a bit cheaper would have been nice as always.

Of course, knowing the way Lego Australia (and the big retailers in this country) work, we will be lucky to see the sets this side of Easter :(

I feel you, Jon man, I really do, living on the backwoods of Northern Europe (and coincedently in the exact opposite edge of the globe) I fear the release dates here will fall back to summer, perhaps even autumn. But I've waited for so long time, one more year won't be that hard.