Title of Set: 6071 Forestmen's Crossing

Theme: Castle/Forestmen

Year Released: 1990

Pieces Count: 203

Minifigures: 5

Original Price: $28.50 (USD)

Current Prices: BrickLink Price Guide

Further Information: Brickset, Lugnet, Peeron, Photobucket Album

Being one of the later Forestmen sets, Forestmen's Crossing was only released in the United States and came with a unique, and now very valuable, Forestmen maiden. This set also comes with a unique baseplate with a small river dividing the halves, creating an interesting and enjoyable set.

Instruction Booklet:

instru1.jpg

instru2.jpg

A full size booklet containing 23 steps, as well as an alternate build picture. The single viewing angle in the instructions can cause confusion later in the build, though.

Baseplate:

base.jpg

A unique piece to this set. It is 16x32 studs and the printings create an atmosphere fitting for Forestmen. The white dots are to help the owner along the building process. All white dots are covered up by pieces in the end.

Minifigs:

figs.jpg

horse.jpg

Five Forestmen, of all different colors and types, and a white horse.

Accessories:

acc.jpg

vinewhip.jpg

Various plumes and weapons are what mostly make up the accessories in this set.

Unique Pieces:

maid.jpg

The Forestmen maiden in all her glory.

cap.jpg

Closeup of the rare green cap that the Forestmen maiden uses.

uniques.jpg

The brown ladder and bridge side by side.

bridge.jpg

Side view of the bridge. Nice architectural design to it.

Wall & Foliage Bonanza:

walls.jpg

One gray straight wall, four black corner walls, and two black straight walls.

leaves.jpg

A total of fourteen plant leaves.

Completed without Minifigs:

Front Closed:

frontclosed.jpg

Front Open:

frontopen.jpg

Same as before but with cave door open.

Side Left:

side.jpg

Here is the window that allows a peek into the cave. A view of the second floor room can be seen as well.

Side Right:

sideladder.jpg

This side contains the lush, black tree. The ladder can be easily moved up and down using a creative stud technique.

Back Closed:

backclosed.jpg

Back Open:

backopen.jpg

Same as before but with cave door open.

Closeups:

Inside Cave Front:

closefrontcave.jpg

Entering cave from the front entrance.

Inside Cave Back:

insidecaveback.jpg

Backside entrance to cave.

Looking Up Ladder:

ladderupclose.jpg

Quite the long ladder.

Looking Across Bridge:

closeladder.jpg

The journey is long and treacherous.

Second Floor Room:

room.jpg

Room on the second floor. Can be accessorized with extra pieces.

Walkway Through Tree:

undertree.jpg

Nice roomy passage through the tree.

Looking Up:

upbridge.jpg

Looking up to the bridge.

Completed with Minifigs:

minifigdone.jpg

Hiding stolen loot is not an easy task.

Maximum Occupancy:

end.jpg

Can you spot them all?

Reviewer's Score:

Playability: 10/10 - Swing across the river, climb the tree, walk the bridge, hide stolen booty in the cave - what fun can be had!

Design: 10/10 - For 203 pieces, this set is very detailed and all comes together great. Only flaw is the white dots on the baseplate, but those are hidden shortly after starting the build.

Price: 10/10 - Five minifigs, including the unique maiden, with a slew of really useful parts. Some parts such as the abundance of wall panels and foliage are great for all sorts of MOCs and LEGO sets. Not to mention the rare ladder and bridge pieces.

Total: 30/30 - Maybe I just love Forestmen, which I do, but this set gets a perfect score from me. I just find it absolutely amazing.

I'd love to have that set! It is such a pity it was never released in Europe. :cry_sad: No idea why TLC did not release it in Europe. And that baseplate with the river printed on it is excellent. If you had 20 of them, you could make a very long river when the baseplates are put next to each other. But that baseplate is so rare. Another rare gem is the female minifig.

By the way, very nice review!

Edited by legotrainfan

A rich illustrated review of a wonderful and very charming set indeed, pretty nice, dj2005! :classic:

Great review! I love this set very much. In fact, all Forestmen sets are so beautiful and this is no exception. The 4 Forestmen plus a maiden is just so wonderful, and great addition to build up your Forestmen army. Furthermore, there is so much accessories which has been included in this classic castle set. Such a medium sized set, with simple parts, it relate the beauty of this Forestmen crossing and stands out in the late 1980s. Even the baseplate is unique to this set construction, I do wish TLG could bring something similar like Forestmen. :wub:

Thanks for sharing with us. Great job! :thumbup:

Thank you for the nice review with many pictures. :thumbup::classic:

Being one of the later Forestmen sets, Forestmen's Crossing was only released in the United States...

Boo! :tongue:

The baseplate, the many leavespieces and the maiden are so great. I hope lego some day will make new sets like these.

Thanks for the review.

I love your reviews with their razor sharp framed pics and great comments.

Thanks for all the work you're putting into this :thumbup:

Great review! I Love the your photo's, there exellent :thumbup:

It's to bad I live in Europe...... I want this set to!!!!

Thank you all for the comments.

I'd love to have that set! It is such a pity it was never released in Europe. :cry_sad: No idea why TLC did not release it in Europe. And that baseplate with the river printed on it is excellent. If you had 20 of them, you could make a very long river when the baseplates are put next to each other. But that baseplate is so rare. Another rare gem is the female minifig.

By the way, very nice review!

Great review! I Love the your photo's, there exellent :thumbup:

It's to bad I live in Europe...... I want this set to!!!!

I feel the same way. I see no reason why TLC limits some sets to a specific region when these sets can be enjoyed by many due to their great designs. Not to rub it in, but this is the best set I own by far. It may not look like much in my review, but the set is just plain awesome, for lack of a better word. The new pirate set really reminds me of this one [the one with the tan bridge (same one from this set)]. I don't own the pirate set so I can't really compare the two other than looking at the reviews; however it looks to have a similar balance throughout the design form what I have seen.

Edited by dj2005