Oky

Star Wars

Harrison Ford thinks Han Solo should've died.

here

Thanks for the link, but it's pretty well known that he wanted George to kill Han off.

While i'm here I'd like to plug The Secret History of Star Wars. It's an extremely interesting book about the making of the script and the saga, and how it's changed through out history.

I'll have to look into that. How different is it from The Star Wars Vault and Star Wars: Year by Year?

I've not read either of those books, so I don't know. The website has the first 100 pages available to download so you'll have to come to your own conclusions

I'll have to look into that. How different is it from The Star Wars Vault and Star Wars: Year by Year?

if iot's half as good as the Vault I'll get it- I loved that book. I haven't seen Year-by-Year though.

if iot's half as good as the Vault I'll get it- I loved that book. I haven't seen Year-by-Year though.

Year by Year is a DK book, so it's got a lot more focus on the things that people that aren't quite SW geeks would know. I guess you could call it the Handbook For Star Wars Geek Wannabes. :laugh: The Vault, on the other hand, assumes you know your Star Wars and thus has not very much introduction and just jumps right into the collectibles.

Year by Year is a DK book, so it's got a lot more focus on the things that people that aren't quite SW geeks would know. I guess you could call it the Handbook For Star Wars Geek Wannabes. default_laugh_new.gif The Vault, on the other hand, assumes you know your Star Wars and thus has not very much introduction and just jumps right into the collectibles.

Yeah, I managed to get the Vault at a sale of some kind. I currently have one of the posters hanging up on my door.

Hilarious: Chad Vader doing movie impressions!

Also funny: Curry's Megastore commercial starring our favorite droid duo!

Yeah, I managed to get the Vault at a sale of some kind. I currently have one of the posters hanging up on my door.

you- yoyoyou- used the memorabilia!?!?! :cry_sad: That book is worth $100! I keep mine inside the dust cover out of sunlight, and only refer to it when I can't find any other resources.

So what's awesome about this vault book? Ive never heard of it and now I'm intrigued...

So what's awesome about this vault book? Ive never heard of it and now I'm intrigued...

Me too. I'm assuming it's a 1000 page reference book about every single thing in the SW universe. I can't seem to find any info on it online through a quick Google search...

you- yoyoyou- used the memorabilia!?!?! default_cry4.gif That book is worth $100! I keep mine inside the dust cover out of sunlight, and only refer to it when I can't find any other resources.

I actually managed to get it for eithe 30 or 60- it was a good deal. I use that book all the time default_laugh_new.gif

Me too. I'm assuming it's a 1000 page reference book about every single thing in the SW universe. I can't seem to find any info on it online through a quick Google search...

It basically chroncles the story of Star Wars and its collectibles from Lucas' boyhood to 2007. It's not very long, but it's chock full of replicas of stuff like the first animation cell from Droids, the handwritten original script of Ep. 4, an invitation from Alec Guiness inviting the cast and crew to drinks, the blueprints of the Lars' home, etc. Google The Star Wars Vault and you should be able to get a pic.

[snip]

This?

It looks really cool. Chock full of goodies :classic:

That's the one. You like? :tongue:

BTW, if you want to know all the behind the scenes artwork and stuff from the episodes, it's not in there. You'll have to shell out a couple hundred or so for the Art of- books. I'd also recommend Year by Year, which I got a chance to look at the other day, and the Making of- books.

Well, the Vault does have some behind the sceanes stuff, but it's definatly focused more on production and the fan base.

Quick question, does anyone know what the buttons on Vader's chest actually do?

I actually don't think there's an in-universe answer... though there's several aprodys of that.

I've found a few things, one two fan favorite game collection- the first with republic Commandos and SW BF 1 and 2. the scond with Jedi Academy 1 and 2, and Starfighter.

Also I found this, the original Ep.2 arena music that was cut from the movie and put in a few different places. this sounds incredible when tied in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOW_hWYiLQQ&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

One controls liquid and solid intake, like in Coruscant Nights where he uses the chestplate to add the bota to his bloodstream. That, of course, means that he's got to have at least one button to control, ah, output, which was controlled by the suit in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

One controls liquid and solid intake, like in Coruscant Nights where he uses the chestplate to add the bota to his bloodstream. That, of course, means that he's got to have at least one button to control, ah, output, which was controlled by the suit in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

ha

nuff said.

So I guess its not like those photos you see on someone dress up as a stormtrooper and sitting on the dunny lol.

So I guess its not like those photos you see on someone dress up as a stormtrooper and sitting on the dunny lol.

Don't know about stormies, but Vader in Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader mentions the convenience and ease of using tubes to feed himself and catheters to carry away the waste. :sick:

Here's the Wookieepedia article. The unit as a whole is the life support control.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Unfortunatly thanks for the news

Sad to hear about Kershner passing away, especially on the 30th anniversary of ESB.