Oky

Star Wars

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Fennec is older than Boba :laugh: In the Bad Batch she shows up and is already an adult in full badass bounty hunter mode. Boba would've been a teen at the same time.

Ok... that ist very good for her or very bad for him... great, now I think he is too weak and slow, too xD

9 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Ok... that ist very good for her or very bad for him... great, now I think he is too weak and slow, too xD

Ages have never been great in Stat Wars since George screwed up everyone's age in the prequels. For Boba it didn't matter of course because we never saw him, but now they've gone and messed up his age in the Disney era.

If Boba ages normally and is about 10 in AotC, that would make him about 36 when we see him in ESB, so at most in his 40s in Book of Boba Fett if it's only five or so years after Return of the Jedi, which I think it is (although that also doesn't add up for this show - how long was he in the Sarlaac? Presumably not long. So he was with the Tuskens for five years? Not conveyed well). Temuera Morrison is only 61 and looks pretty good, so he could potentially play 40s, but they've gone and written Boba as pudgy and slow, so he doesn't seem like 40s for someone ruthless and lithe like he should be and was in the OT.

George similarly messed up the ages of characters, most noticeably Obi-Wan who based on his prequels age is only in his 50s in ANH but looks 70s. I guess the sand aged him. Maybe.

Overall I've found the show pretty horrendous and boring on many levels. Most egregious though is how they've taken a character whose one thing that stuck in people's minds was looking cool and being/acting cutthroat, and completely stripping him of both those things. His origin in AotC might be silly, but Clone Wars actually took that and built in a believable direction, showing how an angry kid might fall in with bounty hunters and become a top, cold-blooded bounty hunter himself. Why make a Boba Fett show if you're just going to make him soft, diplomatic and do nothing cool whatsoever? Oh, I know why, cash grab.

Chapter 6... holy shit. :oh:

Spoiler

I didn't expect them to let Mando hijack Boba's show for a second episode, much less top the previous one, yet here we are. I've said this about the Mando S2 finale, but I have to say it again: How is it that a Luke Skywalker who shows up in the middle of a mediocre Boba Fett show and isn't even really played by Mark Hamill is a million times better than the one Hamill was forced to portray in the sequel movies?? This is exactly how Rey's training should have gone - although I'm glad they did it with Grogu since we got this poetic role reversal from Empire. This along with all the great cameos made this an amazing episode. Even the small things like showing what an impact Mando has had on Tatooine (vs. how terrible Boba's has been with not only the Tuskens dead, but also the cantina he swore to protect blowing up) were a great touch. It's not much of a mystery of what happens next, but I look forward to the finale a lot more now than I was two episodes ago.

Not only that, but Jedi Fallen Order 2 has been announced! :thumbup: Not really sure what to think about the other two upcoming games, but I'm glad the license will be out of EA's clutches soon. I've enjoyed the games they have produced (Battlefront 2 was very underrated in my opinion with another excellent portrayal of Luke, and so is Squadrons), but it's time for other studios to take a crack at SW games.

Well, the rapping Lego-Stop-Motion Luke on youtube was a better Luke than the sequel nightmare x'D

To be honest I am really dissapointed.

The book of Boba Fett feels just so "Marvel like". "Cute" random sceene here. Cheap joke in unfitting situation there. Unnecessary cameo in between. Long fights that feel like the combatants are made out of gum. Objectively stupid or unfitting decisions to keep the plot going.

Seriously: boba did not prepare a single emp granade against droids but smuggled a baby rancor into the city otherwise he would not have been that fast getting him. When Grogu has to save the Mando who gets crushed by a droid that is supposed to be exciting, I guess... I was just asking myself why the Mando doesn't simply activate his jetpack to slide away from it... 

Sending an assassin to deal with the syndicate leaders made Boba more pathetic than Jabba ever was. Jabba was at least unable to do stuff like this on his own.

What hit me most was surprisingly the piggy guard's death. They were really simple figures. He spared their lives, so they were loyal. That's fine for a minor side character that doesn't even have speech understandable for the viewer... Killing them was logical. There was not much more to tell about them and other than the cyberteenagers they were likeable and trigger some sadness with their death... but the way they died hurts. It was so ridiculously stupid to send unarmored melee fighters alone out into a gang war where everyone else has a gun... it is hilarious that the criminals had the decency to fight them in close combat... But that two warriors let themself be pushed over a cliff was disrespectfull to these characters. At least they should have had a death like Lurtz in Lord of the rings. 

Edited by Gorilla94

Just watched the complete Book of Boba. I was pretty satisfied (except a horrible speeder chase) until the last episode. Then WTF. After the horrible cliche ending of Cad Bane, I just put off tv. Im very dissapointed, especially since it was directed by someone like Robert Rodrigues. But manuscripit even worse. Those that looked like gigantic murder droids was even worse at hitting anything than battle droids and stormtroopers put together on a logaritmic scale. I would have been satisified if every one on the Boba side would have died execept of course himself, Fennec, the Mandalorian and maybe the wookie. I have a new purpose in life. I wanna make a fan movie were I just killed his cyberteenager biker crew over and over again. They irritate me more than a kid who would have Jar Jar and Poe Daemeron as parents. 

arrrrrgghhhhh

Edited by Sneakguest

On 2/13/2022 at 2:58 PM, Sneakguest said:

I have a new purpose in life. I wanna make a fan movie were I just killed his cyberteenager biker crew over and over again. They irritate me more than a kid who would have Jar Jar and Poe Daemeron as parents. arrrrrgghhhhh

Wow, dude, you got some issues. :sceptic:

I will never understand this seething hatred people have against this group of characters that don't even get much screen time and have done nothing wrong other than looking a bit out of place as far as I can tell.

That said, yeah, the finale was kinda disappointing.

Spoiler

The droids looked cool, but had terrible aim and inconsistent firepower. The fact that nobody died in this gang war except the Gamorians is ridiculous. The Cad Bane duel was a bit anti-climactic and Mando's reunion with Grogu felt rushed and nonsensical (why would she bring Grogu to Mando while he's out on a mission??). The only good part was the ending where Fennec once again proves that she is way more badass and deserving of her own series than Boba and Mando gets to leave this series behind with his son and his cool new ship. Hopefully this is not the last we see of Cad. I like the fan theory that the beeping means that Todo will come and save him.

Now we wait for Mando season 3 (and pray they will keep Robert Rodriguez away from Star Wars from now on).

2 hours ago, Oky said:

Wow, dude, you got some issues. :sceptic:

I will never understand this seething hatred people have against this group of characters that don't even get much screen time and have done nothing wrong other than looking a bit out of place as far as I can tell.

That said, yeah, the finale was kinda disappointing.

Reveal hidden contents

The droids looked cool, but had terrible aim and inconsistent firepower. The fact that nobody died in this gang war except the Gamorians is ridiculous. The Cad Bane duel was a bit anti-climactic and Mando's reunion with Grogu felt rushed and nonsensical (why would she bring Grogu to Mando while he's out on a mission??). The only good part was the ending where Fennec once again proves that she is way more badass and deserving of her own series than Boba and Mando gets to leave this series behind with his son and his cool new ship. Hopefully this is not the last we see of Cad. I like the fan theory that the beeping means that Todo will come and save him.

Now we wait for Mando season 3 (and pray they will keep Robert Rodriguez away from Star Wars from now on).

Well I mean they’re not the first Star Wars group to be hated, some historical examples will suffice:

The crew of the ghost 

jar jar and the gungans 

jabba and his gang 

sequel fans…

the list goes on.

I think Bobba being older and having a different body type (the actor is huge even when he's in good shape) is fine. So he got dumped in a Sarlacc? Maybe he's scarred in a way that makes him look 20 years older and swolen in a way that makes him look 60 pounds heavier (or maybe he just really loved that fruit stuff the Sandpeople gave him). It doesn't matter. A good story could have made that really simple to overlook. Too bad the story isn't good. The last battle had a few moments (the Rancor) but those giant droids... at one point the Mandalorian and Boba were just talking like 10 feet away, no cover. Then once in a while they'd shift over a few feet as this big giant war droid with a clear shot would miss somehow. This is the WORSE I've seen it with Star Wars in a live action show. The amount of MISSING.

It's like that but somehow WORSE. And not from a COMEDY MOVIE.

Rancor was the only cool thing. Also why do all Star Wars fights for WHOLE PLANETS only have like a dozen or so people involved? WHy didn't Boba take Slave 1 and just shoot all these people dead? Why does nothing make sense?

And once again Boba and the Mandalorian get shot about 20 times each, because no enemy can shoot them anywhere except exactly on thier limited armour. Beskar aka plot armour is the laziest, stupidest writing. I'd like it if it was more limited like maybe you get shot a few times and it starts to fail. But they're basically invulnerable. Mando got smashed into a freakin' buidling and seemed fine. The only time he got injured was with the darksaber on himself whoops!

I don't know how it's so bad. I don't know why people are so accepting of stuff that doesn't make any sense in any universe. The characters are bland and poorly written. The action is usually pretty bad. The Vespas are the first time Star Wars has had bad art direciton (usually Star Wars even at it's worse had amazing art).

My mind. It boggles.

Is it just me, or is everything that was so hard in A New Hope easier in Return of The Jedi? 
 Here’s some examples:

A Death Star that took 20 years to build is completed in just 4 years, with an ultra precise super laser that recharges easily, and is bigger than the first Death Star.

90% of A New Hope is about trying to bring the Death Star plans to the rebels, but nope, this time  just get the Bothans.

Who needs a precise one in a million shot to destroy the Death Star, just come on in and shot the reactor core yourself. 

1 hour ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Is it just me, or is everything that was so hard in A New Hope easier in Return of The Jedi? 
 Here’s some examples:

A Death Star that took 20 years to build is completed in just 4 years, with an ultra precise super laser that recharges easily, and is bigger than the first Death Star.

90% of A New Hope is about trying to bring the Death Star plans to the rebels, but nope, this time  just get the Bothans.

Who needs a precise one in a million shot to destroy the Death Star, just come on in and shot the reactor core yourself.

No, it's not just you. I'm sure fans have been complaining about discussing this since the movie's release.

I think the idea is that it was meant to seem easy, but not actually be easy. Sure, it had large reactor shafts instead of the thermal exhaust port, but they were supposed to be inaccessible due to the shield generator, and the Falcon barely made it out after they did destroy the reactor. The Empire leaked the location of the DS2 to the Bothans in order to lure the rebels into the infamous trap and trick them into thinking it was incomplete. Supposedly, they used more efficient methods in constructing it, and according to Legends, already started working on the improved superlaser before the Battle of Yavin, although I'm not sure if that's still canon. But yeah, I agree that they built it miraculously fast. So in short, the Empire once again underestimated the rebels, thought they could take them on with a rushed DS and failed miserably.

While the Bothan story is probably not as interesting, considering that Rogue One is easily the best of the Disney Wars movies, I'd actually be curious to see their tale told on screen one day.

I will never forgive Luke for leaving Dak behind in their snow-speeder. The man was unconscious, you could have at least make an attempt to save him. This is so ironic because in A New Hope Luke just tells Wedge to fly out of the trench because his ship’s damaged, but doesn’t give two craps about his unconscious gunner. 

I will never forgive Luke for leaving Dak behind in their snow-speeder. The man was unconscious, you could have at least make an attempt to save him. This is so ironic because in A New Hope Luke just tells Wedge to fly out of the trench because his ship’s damaged, but doesn’t give two craps about his unconscious gunner. 

Maybe you'll forgive him once you realize that Dak was already dead at that point. His controls blew up in his face, remember? There was nothing Luke could do and he would have been crushed if he had stayed any second longer. Although, if you ask Disney, they'll probably tell you that Dak was just very sleepy and was fine afterwards somehow. :laugh:

19 hours ago, Oky said:

Although, if you ask Disney, they'll probably tell you that Dak was just very sleepy and was fine afterwards somehow. :laugh:

Up next on The Book of Boba Fett: Dak in Boba's bacta tank.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Up next on The Book of Boba Fett: Dak in Boba's bacta tank.

Don't the Pikes have dibs since Boba can't kill anyone now?

40 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Don't the Pikes have dibs since Boba can't kill anyone now?

You forgot the Sarlaac. Next season is him riding the Sarlaac through space to find Ezra Bridger because "it's all connected".

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

You forgot the Sarlaac. Next season is him riding the Sarlaac through space to find Ezra Bridger because "it's all connected".

Hand me the bleach, I need to clean my mind of that image. :wink:

Edited by Murdoch17

The Obi-wan trailer looks good can't wait to see the show.  Looks like cad bane is in it and you can hear Vaders breathing at the end.  

On 3/9/2022 at 1:00 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Hand me the bleach, I need to clean my mind of that image. :wink:

Nah I’d recommend good old corrosive toilet bowl cleaner to really get it out of all those nooks and crannies. Honestly I almost died of laughter watching Ezra being lost in space. Good riddance that abomination is gone forever. :devil:

On 3/9/2022 at 10:12 PM, zoth33 said:

The Obi-wan trailer looks good can't wait to see the show.  Looks like cad bane is in it and you can hear Vaders breathing at the end.  

Let’s hope the show generates more prequel memes.

Nah I’d recommend good old corrosive toilet bowl cleaner to really get it out of all those nooks and crannies. Honestly I almost died of laughter watching Ezra being lost in space. Good riddance that abomination is gone forever. :devil:

Let’s hope the show generates more prequel memes.

Yeah I mean the trailer had a ton of prequel stuff in it as it is.  

I get why people are excited about this but I also don't. A rematch between Obi-Wan and Vader is the last thing I want to see, because it makes no sense. Just like the amount of times Obi-Wan and Anakin fought with Dooku in Clone Wars, or Obi-Wan fought with Grevious and they had to do a loooot of mental gymnastics to make the dialogue in RotS still make sense. The prequels themselves created enough continuity issues with the OT, but it felt acceptable that that was the last confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin before ANH.

It also makes no sense for Vader / the Inquisitors to find out Obi-Wan is on Tatooine (and potentially even have interactions with Owen Lars), because then they would never let up with Tatooine. We'll have to decide in our heads that Vader only figured out Luke was his son once Luke was in his presence or something. But canonically with what we've already seen, it makes no sense.

Those are baseline problems that had me worried before the trailer even released. Then the trailer focuses so much on Inquisitors and barely on Obi-Wan. Don't get me wrong, I like Inquisitors. I think they've been done pretty well thus far. But why not just make a show about Inquisitors hunting some other Jedi we don't know about, or some minor ones from the Prequels that we didn't see die? Why does our Obi-Wan show need to be about them, when really from everything we've seen before, it makes the most logical sense that Obi-Wan lied low on Tatooine keeping a very close watch on Luke for the entire 20 years between RotS and ANH?

I would totally, honestly like an Obi-Wan show where the premise is him staying put on Tatooine, learning Jedi secrets by communing with Qui-Gon, and making sure no harm comes to Luke. Let's see Owen Lars being the semi-reluctant father figure, perhaps clashing with Obi-Wan about Luke's safety and upbringing to the point that Owen banishes Obi-Wan from the homestead, setting the status quo that we see in ANH. Let's see Obi-Wan go from where he was in RotS, probably traumatised but resolute, to the calm wise old sage that he becomes. Sprinkle in some flashbacks with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in their Clone Wars armory in live action - that will do for extra fan service.

But all this Inquisitor, off-world action sh*t? Nah. None of the live action shows haven't told a coherent, well-paced story so far, and while this is a different creative team, the trailer makes me think this will be more of the same.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I get why people are excited about this but I also don't. A rematch between Obi-Wan and Vader is the last thing I want to see, because it makes no sense. Just like the amount of times Obi-Wan and Anakin fought with Dooku in Clone Wars, or Obi-Wan fought with Grevious and they had to do a loooot of mental gymnastics to make the dialogue in RotS still make sense. The prequels themselves created enough continuity issues with the OT, but it felt acceptable that that was the last confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin before ANH.

It also makes no sense for Vader / the Inquisitors to find out Obi-Wan is on Tatooine (and potentially even have interactions with Owen Lars), because then they would never let up with Tatooine. We'll have to decide in our heads that Vader only figured out Luke was his son once Luke was in his presence or something. But canonically with what we've already seen, it makes no sense.

Those are baseline problems that had me worried before the trailer even released. Then the trailer focuses so much on Inquisitors and barely on Obi-Wan. Don't get me wrong, I like Inquisitors. I think they've been done pretty well thus far. But why not just make a show about Inquisitors hunting some other Jedi we don't know about, or some minor ones from the Prequels that we didn't see die? Why does our Obi-Wan show need to be about them, when really from everything we've seen before, it makes the most logical sense that Obi-Wan lied low on Tatooine keeping a very close watch on Luke for the entire 20 years between RotS and ANH?

I would totally, honestly like an Obi-Wan show where the premise is him staying put on Tatooine, learning Jedi secrets by communing with Qui-Gon, and making sure no harm comes to Luke. Let's see Owen Lars being the semi-reluctant father figure, perhaps clashing with Obi-Wan about Luke's safety and upbringing to the point that Owen banishes Obi-Wan from the homestead, setting the status quo that we see in ANH. Let's see Obi-Wan go from where he was in RotS, probably traumatised but resolute, to the calm wise old sage that he becomes. Sprinkle in some flashbacks with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in their Clone Wars armory in live action - that will do for extra fan service.

But all this Inquisitor, off-world action sh*t? Nah. None of the live action shows haven't told a coherent, well-paced story so far, and while this is a different creative team, the trailer makes me think this will be more of the same.

From my point of view, I think the show should look like this: 

Obi-Wan adjusting to his new life as a hermit, having adventures, Star Wars actually having the balls to have a character deal with post traumatic stress disorder, watching over Luke, duelling that tusken raider Jedi (not sure if he’s still canon), learning with Qui-Gon’s ghost, and other stuff. 

Let’s hope Disney doesn’t ruin this.

16 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

From my point of view, I think the show should look like this: 

Obi-Wan adjusting to his new life as a hermit, having adventures, Star Wars actually having the balls to have a character deal with post traumatic stress disorder, watching over Luke, duelling that tusken raider Jedi (not sure if he’s still canon), learning with Qui-Gon’s ghost, and other stuff. 

Let’s hope Disney doesn’t ruin this.

Firstly I'll start by saying I haven't seen the trailer for Kenobi. I never watch any Star Wars trailers, I like the first viewing of a film or series to be the first time I see the footage.

Obviously I know all the talk is of Vader & the Inquisitors. I'm wondering how does Maul fit in to this? Are we going to get a live action recreation of Maul coming to Tattooine? His survival is canon in the movies as seen in Solo so I'm definitely expecting a Ray Park cameo at some point.

Random useless Star Wars facts:

- the actor who played Wedge Antilles (Denis Lawson) in ANH, is actually the uncle of Ewan McGregor

- George Lucas makes a cameo in ROTJ, playing an imperial officer who gets thrown into the shield generators in the Endor bunker

- the volcanoes on Mustafar were based on the stratovolcano Mount Etna in Italy

- Darth Maul only blinks three times in TPM

- the overhead view of the imperial inspection on the Death Star in ROTJ was actually a matte painting 

Man, so much negativity in this thread. I'm with @zoth33. The trailer looks pretty good, although I have to admit that the use of my two favorite Star Wars scores may be swaying my opinion, even though they feel almost too epic for a series like this. Sure, having the Empire find out about Kenobi or even Luke being on Tatooine could mess with canon quite a bit, but they might have a good explanation for that. Maybe the reason Kenobi goes off-world is to lead the Inquisitors away from Luke. And while having the Inquisitors from Rebels whose fates we already know might take away some of the tension, it also means that Obi-Wan won't do anything too crazy/risky like killing an Inquisitor. Heck, he might not even meet Vader and we will only see Anakin in flashbacks. I for one am just happy for more Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan and will keep an open mind by not judging an entire series based on one short trailer. I do hope that they don't ruin Obi-Wan like they did with Boba though.