Oky

Star Wars

The classic AT-ATs and AT-STs aren't classic. They, like the Ties, are slightly updated and more modern models it seems. The Star Wars universe doesn't make huge leaps in tech except for a few cases like the Death Star so it's not surprising some of the stuff looks the same'ish.

Here's a picture of the new AT-ST. They're clearly not the old ones but more like AT-ST Mark II. They look sleeker like the First Order does in general.

8TOjXgL.png

4 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Yes I saw that too. It makes sense in universe, the new walkers we see the FO are used in important conflicts; but their garrisons and stockpile of equipment is mostly classic AT-AT's etc. with some upgrades. It reminds us the FO isn't as wealthy as the Empire, instead putting their cash into new projects (Mega Class Star Destroyer, Starkiller Base) but penny pinching elsewhere by retaining old vehicles in surplus.

Also was anybody absolutely confused by the trailer? Was Kylo Ren offering to take Rey's hand??? What?!?!

Hmm, the trailer was cool but upon reflection it was somewhat concerning. Mostly about Luke anyways.

It implies to a degree Luke will not fully train Rey. 

The way that bit was presented also implies Rey needs no training (and why would she? She beat Kylo with no prior training)

The way the last scene of the trailer was cut points at what you say, and we do see Kylo hesitate to kill his mother (at least in the way the cut was put together for us to see here)

Could they both be turning to the light?

But previous to that we see Snoke has a hold of Rey (unless it is another of her visions) so that Kylo sequence could itself be another vision scene instead of an actual event. 

But the whole tone just pushes a bit what Rebels has been pushing for a while now. The whole Force kinda going to the middle to the grey. Neither light or dark but a bit of both. 

Also anyone else get the vibe they might off Luke in this one? 

The Force Awakens trailers were intentionally misleading (especially about Finn and that lightsaber). I would not be surprised if this was in some way too.

Also Rogue One went out of it's way to create footage specifically for a trailer. They might do that here too.

I'm not sure if we can really decide anything from this trailer besides the basics when it comes to spoilers.

In other Star Wars news we just got a new preview for the VR experience which is coming to Anaheim and Orlando this winter. I have a friend who's dad works at the Void which is the development company for these VR experiences, so I am excited to see how this plays out.

43 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Am I the only one thinking that the Porgs are the next Ewoks (or worse Jar Jar Binks). 

They likely won't speak/ affect the story in anyway, consider them as the token cute thing Disney has to implement.

Upon rewatching the trailer they clearly edited something together to put people on edge; Kylo offering his hand to Rey when they clearly are not in the same room, Kylo aiming at Leia's ship and hesitating. I'm 100% most of what they tried telling us is hogwash as to what will happen in the movie. 

It looks good though, I just hope it's not a reash of Empire strikes back, although thanks to JJ it's gonna be pretty freacking hard to break that mold.

If they use Luke correctly the movie could be a lot of fun.

I'm guessing that battle on the "white sand" planet (haha, it's not snow, it's sand, and it just happens to be white sand, but it isn't really snow, so totally not similar!) is going to be Battle of Hoth 2.0.

Looks pretty good otherwise, but I'm not gonna judge anything else from the trailer. We'll have to see how the movie turns out 2 months from now.
I'm just not too keen on Abrams directing IX, the ANH similarities of TFA weren't the only issues with that movie... far from it.

There is a recent Ron Howard tweet suggesting old-Star Wars non-canon characters Tag & Bink; might actually be canonized in the upcoming Han Solo film... If true that absolutely came out of the blue!

I absolutely love that! I remember reading the Tag & Bink comics when I was a kid and its so cool to see them appear in some form in the new canon.

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

I absolutely love that! I remember reading the Tag & Bink comics when I was a kid and its so cool to see them appear in some form in the new canon.

Still it seems funny our order of old characters being re-canonized... Thrawn, Ruhk, Tag & Bink... :laugh: I feel like they sort of skipped over more likely characters such as Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Revan, etc. just to get straight to the least likely non-canon characters to become canon. Of course Ron Howard might be throwing around their names as misdirection, but given that the creator of the two characters is saying Ron Howard is being serious... it seems very likely those two will play a small role in the new film. 

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Han Solo Spinoff officially titled: "SOLO: A Star Wars Story"

Sorry to reference that other sci-fi franchise, but...

facepalm.jpg

Sigh. I guess it's only fitting that such an uninspired, unwarranted prequel has such a stupid, uninspired title. :sceptic:

On a brighter note:

On 10/11/2017 at 12:38 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

In other Star Wars news we just got a new preview for the VR experience which is coming to Anaheim and Orlando this winter. I have a friend who's dad works at the Void which is the development company for these VR experiences, so I am excited to see how this plays out.

This looks great and I live in Anaheim, so I can't wait for this! :sweet:

32 minutes ago, Oky said:

Sorry to reference that other sci-fi franchise, but...

[photo]

Sigh. I guess it's only fitting that such an uninspired, unwarranted prequel has such a stupid, uninspired title. :sceptic:

Ya I feel the same way..... But it's kinda clever because it's a "SOLO" spinoff film ah-ah-ah :sceptic:. I've seen a bunch of other better titles out there... Oh well. Still excited for it! 

Edited by Ashnflash

In other stupid related news, the script for Battlefront 2's campaign leaked and it is truly a marvel to behold. Spoilers ahead of course.

So the whole idea of the campaign was to fight as the Empire right? Cool and proven concept, TIE Fighter is considered to be the best Star Wars game of all time by many, so what's DICE genius plan?

You DEFECT after the third mission and side with the Rebellion. :grin:

Not only does this add nothing new to the universe as it's been copied an awefull lot of time, their marketting campaign is an utter lie.

I was already disgusted by the pay to win system implemented and now this?

Better luck next time DICE.

Edited by RetroInferno

On 10/11/2017 at 7:15 PM, RetroInferno said:

They likely won't speak/ affect the story in anyway, consider them as the token cute thing Disney has to implement.

If we go by the toy that I seen you are correct. But at the same time I feel like taking a hammer and play "Wack A Porg" with them (that toy makes them really annoying). 

On 10/17/2017 at 1:22 PM, Ashnflash said:

Han Solo Spinoff officially titled: "SOLO: A Star Wars Story" 

dmwqziuvoaut69--1038845.jpg

It seems like no one likes that title. 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

If we go by the toy that I seen you are correct. But at the same time I feel like taking a hammer and play "Wack A Porg" with them (that toy makes them really annoying). 

It seems like no one likes that title. 

It feels generic and a bit lazy, in fact it follows the same trend modern movies often take, using minimalistic ways for their titles.

What I like even less is the ''A Star Wars Story'' that has to follow every spin off movies; Star Wars has always been a product, and I'm okay with that, but adding this is soo cynical...

Let's hope they don't go over board with the porgs though, but it's the least of problems this movie might potentially have; so far it's been nothing but giant call backs to Empire strikes back with the promotionnal campaign. 

I for one like Solo. Only in the sense that it goes beautifully with the incredible Lando comic "Lando". 

It's a silly name though. Who wants to say they're going to see Solo without the immediate Star Wars context.

I like that the next trilogy is going to be separate from the "Skywalker Saga." I hope Rian really takes the series in a unique direction and gives us a more fleshed out look at the Galaxy as a whole. Also heavy rumors that Disney wants a Live Action Star Wars show to launch on their streaming service in 2019 along with a new Marvel show. After having watched Stranger Things on Netflix recently, I gotta say if a Star Wars streaming show is half that good then sign me up right now!

Well I'll reserve my excitement until I see how The Last Jedi is. I loved VII. I didn't like Rogue One to the point where I always forget what it's called. I'm not expecting to love the Solo movie. But I have lots of hopes for VIII.

Also hows about a Knights of the Old Republic series of movies? :P

Well; I knew that the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge area in the Disney theme parks was being developed along with the Lucasfilm story group... and now the new planet has an official Databank entry. Will that make the story in the theme park part of the Canon? It has me curious. 

http://www.starwars.com/databank/batuu

That moment when you open your (e)mailbox and see Disney has sent you an invitation for the grand premiere of The Last Jedi on monday december 11!

Yeah, that's when The Force IS with you. :laugh:

(sorry, I'm just so D*** excited)

Saw the Chinese trailer and it shows a nano second of footage of resistance troopers fighting in some trench oh what I assume is Hoth 2.0. 

>.> I like what I am seeing so far, I hope the film delivers!