Oky

Star Wars

If any Star Wars project is entirely unhyped its Star Wars Rebels, that show seems to have been left to the wayside in terms of community outreach and advertising. They should be teasing us with little tidbits here and there but anytime I look up news online the subject seems entirely dead. At least tell us how involved some of the characters are in this season such as Thrawn, is he going to be the primary antagonist or is he relegated to secondary like Tarkin was made into?

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

If any Star Wars project is entirely unhyped its Star Wars Rebels, that show seems to have been left to the wayside in terms of community outreach and advertising. They should be teasing us with little tidbits here and there but anytime I look up news online the subject seems entirely dead. At least tell us how involved some of the characters are in this season such as Thrawn, is he going to be the primary antagonist or is he relegated to secondary like Tarkin was made into?

I think they feel that they've caught all the fish they are going to catch from Rebels. All of it was the fault of their execution I feel and the direction of the series on the whole. 

Still, I enjoyed it and am sad to see it go. 

Rebels is a childish disappointment anyways. I thought the same of 80% of Clone Wars (it had some GREAT episodes though) but Rebels just took it a step deeper into terribleness. I blame that cowboy hat guy. He's not good at things.

Anyways we're not too far from 8. I'm excited! Hope it's good. I loved VII (despite a few flaws). The only thing I think looks dumb are the PORGS but I just have an unreasonable hate for things designed specifically to be cute and for merchandising. ;)

I really like Rebels (for the most part). There have been some clunky, filler episodes (hello space whales) but the overarching storyline has been pretty good. I still think the first series was the tightest, but there have been some very good episodes in series 2 & 3.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to have gotten the marketing attention of other SW-related projects but that's more an issue with Disney having oversaturated so much that they can't give everything the attention it deserves.

Sad there haven't been more Lego sets produced based on the theme though.

Cm4sci on twitter posted a TLJ poster of the First Order using a Imperial AT-AT alongside FO ones. Someone mentioned the FO possibly using old tech due to wasting funds on starkiller base. I think it's pretty cool to see old tech with new tech fighting.

On 30/08/2017 at 2:22 PM, Forresto said:

I hate to say it but it's an under budgeted kids show.

The thing with Star Wars is that it's supposed to please adults as much as kids; they tried pleasing the adults with references such as Thrawn and the likes but it's written for kids ; protagonists are never in danger, antagonists are incompetent idiots, most of the main cast are unlikable ( Ezra could die in a corner for all I care, Zeb is an idiot, Sabine is too good at anything and Chopper is an megablocks ). The only 3 characters that feel human are Kallus, Hera and Kanan.

They even managed to screw up Grand Admiral ''Let them Escape'' Thrawn for the entirerity of season 3; I kept waiting all season long for them to use him properly, only to end the finale having the cast saved by an angry space magic creature, Thrawn giving command of vital assets to incompetent fools and the main cast destroying a freacking interdictor class cruiser with thermal grenades FROM THE EXTERIOR HULL.  

That's coming from someone that loves Clone Wars, that show was brilliant although rougher in some early season parts.

I'll watch season 4 to hopefully witness Ezra's agonising demise. 

Edited by RetroInferno

I like rebels :P

I feel like they are focusing on the wrong characters for the spin offs (bar rogue one)
Too main:
-Han solo
-Obi-wan
-Yoda
-Darth Vader
Too minor
-Jabba the hut
-Jeffery the porg
Just right
-Lando
-Grievous

Whilst Boba Fett is the right level of relevance I think that a Boba Fett spin off is unnecessary like the Han Solo one ( I know disney are gonna milk star wars till it breaks but even so) as at the moment we know enough to give him both a backstory and an air of mystery.  I mean I'm still gonna watch any star wars film but I worry that disney will go too far. :sceptic:

11 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I like rebels :P

I feel like they are focusing on the wrong characters for the spin offs (bar rogue one)
Too main:
-Han solo
-Obi-wan
-Yoda
-Darth Vader
Too minor
-Jabba the hut
-Jeffery the porg
Just right
-Lando
-Grievous

Whilst Boba Fett is the right level of relevance I think that a Boba Fett spin off is unnecessary like the Han Solo one ( I know disney are gonna milk star wars till it breaks but even so) as at the moment we know enough to give him both a backstory and an air of mystery.  I mean I'm still gonna watch any star wars film but I worry that disney will go too far. :sceptic:

At the rate they are going Disney may noy even be able to shoot the things, the Director for episode IX has been cast aside because his vision clashed with Kennedy's, same thing for the Han Solo flick, Rogue One went through some major reshoots.  

This is painfull to watch...

JJ. has a great visual style and can direct his actors to portray emotion very well. However I hope he doesn't touch the script writing to much. TFA was way to similar to ANH, and we are all hoping JJ doesn't turn E.9 into ROTJ 2! :wink:

On 9/13/2017 at 1:41 AM, xboxtravis7992 said:

JJ. has a great visual style and can direct his actors to portray emotion very well. However I hope he doesn't touch the script writing to much. TFA was way to similar to ANH, and we are all hoping JJ doesn't turn E.9 into ROTJ 2! :wink:

JJ is a team builder. You'll see many comments in the internet that the concern is not so much on him making ROTJ 2.0 but more on him making a great finish. He usually starts a lot of projects and then he hands them over to others. So for this film, I think it will be an ensemble because he is a great visionary and he can definitely build great teams. You can see that in his amazing resume.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:35 AM, Penkid11 said:

And now the date Episode IX releases is December 20th, 2019

Actually very glad they moved it. Just reviewing or rewriting some scripts/doing mock ups/ new story boards will easily take 3-4 months so pushing the schedule back to Christmas season is a good indicator they won't rush the film.

For all the hate TFA and JJ get, JJ stands as one of the best filmmakers out there. He's a ninja, the way he films makes you feel as if the cameras aren't even there. 

So Disney has started releasing another batch of Forces of Destiny. I didn't watch any from the last batch and from the comments made here I am a bit hesitant to watch it... Maybe someone will make a "best of" list someday so I know which ones to skip. 

I really want to know how much money is being put into each episode. They shouldve gotten tgenndy tartakovsky to do them, then at least there would be art behind it.

Imagine his style but in the Original Trilogy?

ThrawnBW.jpg

I think Disney made a HUGE mistake announcing their plans for Star Wars. 

Particularly their annualized plan. In my recent visit to the states I noted that I could find Star Wars stuff even in discount stores. 

For this brand that is really rare for me. Most telling, after 2 years of merchandizing I was shocked to see the Toys R Us stores literally stocked wall to wall with Star Wars. And all of it was at a discount, black series were 2 for the price of 1. Vehicles and other things were on clearance, and rows and rows of protagonists figures for TFA warming the pegs. Disney is glutting the market with Star Wars and the quality of this mass-production is really going to hurt the brand. To a large extent it probably already has if that much merchandise from TFA is still warming pegs all this time later. 

Their needless diversity push and the shallow representation of these on film is also I think, starting to rub everyone the wrong way. This and the ubiquity of the brand will mean Star Wars will have run its course for Disney faster than they hope.

When Star Wars was rare this stuff couldn't stay on shelves, now that everyone knows a new selection is going to be there every year, what's the point? Collectors specially are going to get burned. Nothing they have collected, in particular for the new trilogy, is going to be that rare or special going forward. 

Timothy Zahn has official written a sequel to Thrawn! Preemptively named Thrawn: Alliances so our chances of seeing a new Thrawn trilogy completed in the new canon are looking pretty bright right now!

The new trailer & tickets for Star Wars: The Last Jedi are in range and will arrive early Tuesday morning. Are you ready? - via the starwars fb page

A whole lot of teasing in this trailer, it feels good seeing mark hamill deliver a couple of lines though, he really takes all the screen :)

12 hours ago, Forresto said:

Anyone notice the AT-STs and AT-ATs. Good to see the old surplus Imperial ships being used.

Yes I saw that too. It makes sense in universe, the new walkers we see the FO are used in important conflicts; but their garrisons and stockpile of equipment is mostly classic AT-AT's etc. with some upgrades. It reminds us the FO isn't as wealthy as the Empire, instead putting their cash into new projects (Mega Class Star Destroyer, Starkiller Base) but penny pinching elsewhere by retaining old vehicles in surplus.

Also was anybody absolutely confused by the trailer? Was Kylo Ren offering to take Rey's hand??? What?!?!