Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 4

As you can see, I think that the only explanation is that our Inquisitor is paranoid. I am innocent, and by following my proposed plan, this will prove it, and will also save you from killing our Inquisitor. Please, it would be much better to wait a day then to risk killing two innocent people. I may sound desperate, and in truth, I am. I'm desperate to prove to you all that I am innocent, so that we don't end up wasting another two days in which the witches would be able to ruin this fine town even more!

That art a very convincing point. And I will take your prescription.

Unvote: Mustafa

Vote: Sabrina

I still art suspicious of thou.

But who trusts the words of a simple maid?

OK, clearly witches have been sowing confusion among us and have cast some sort of spell that confuses those who shop in the market and investigate loyalties at night. We know there is a lot of question as to who bought the scimitar and our alleged torturer Martinus has admitted to being foggy about the results he gets from his torture sessions.

Let me stop floundering myself and gather myself to help fight the confusion that is rampant among our citizens. Let's take a look at the top suspects...

Sabrina

Constantly shopping, never talking, never answering for her whereabouts and often having soul transplants.

Hernan

The most likely suspect for confusing people. He communicates by potato, telling people different stories and planting different theories. He also votes for several different people a day.

Mustafa

Our investigator, Fernando is reporting that he is a heretic. In looking over his actions from the beginning, Mustafa has lead us to correct convictions and helped to clarify the investigations, not confuse us. So, that leaves three options for Mustafa:

1. We have a paranoid investigator or a paranoid torturer
  2. Mustafa was converted to the side of the devil last night before being tortured.
  3. Mustafa was helping the investigation to avoid suspicion and leave himself clear to convert witches at night.

Philip

Has revealed that he has a Night Action, but his explanation is weak and contradictory. Showing up at my house the night I was being protected-body and soul-just to see what was going on is a bit suspicious. I believe he could've been there to convert either me or Joan to the side of the devil...

I agree with your observations Charles. For now, I shall Unvote: Mustafa/Dragonator and Vote:Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok. Sabrina seems to be suspicious, and even if she isn't a witch, it's not like she really talks much anyways.

Hmm... my amazingly stupid peasant mind forgot again. I MEANT Unvote: Mustafa/Dragonator and Vote:Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok.

Ah, good people of Azufre. I think we may have enough to start making decisions, but which ones? On the side note, my potato mentioned Philip for some strange reason, and said I was the best to be trusted. But anyways here is my input.

Sabrina: Let us put that execution on a hold. Let her speak out first.

Mustafa: My instincts tell me that he is could be playing the same game as Bernard was. We should look into his innocence, and if it must be, use him as a test of my sanity or my torturer's sanity.

Hernan: I've been very curious about his motives if you have noticed. I still think he might be a role blocker who stopped my investigation on Night 2, but that is backed up only by one thing he said. Maybe someone should look into that more.

Philip: Oh by the Heavens, do not kill him. I think he is another valuable asset to us, since his perversion lets us see if someone used their actions in this game... of life.

Thank you Noble Charles for that list, and I'm not exactly sure who else is out there. I wonder if people with good role's could somehow use them for evil if they are turned to evil. We should do a vote also for the following.. an unofficial vote.

-Miguel's Kill Target

-My Torture Target (see if my investigations are legit without killing Mustafa)

-Philip's Stalking Target (can he use it again?)

-Who to Guard?

It is interesting that so many roles have been revealed in such a short amount of time.

Pardon my disappearance, I was merely out gathering herbs. I am quite surprised to find all this foforaw. I am innocent; if there was ever any need for me to purchase a broomstick, it was for me to sweep my walkway. And, besides, I'm too busy doing my chores to worry about witchcraft. And thank you to the good Inquisitor, may God watch over him and protect him from evil, for giving me the chance to answer all doubts about my innocence. Therefore, I must agree with the Inquisitor's proposal of finding out as much as we possibly can. Do not kill Phillip; from what we have seen, he is a valuable, if rather unusual asset.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my throat is parched, and I must get some water.

Okay, I'm back. I am a little confused with Lord Charles' statement on soul transplants. What are they, and why would one want one?

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

Was it Hernan?

Of course. Now it seems he's sent out enough conflicting messages that I'd like Miguel to kill him tonight. Pure and simple. There can be no good reason for that kind of activity.

If Martinus is a paranoid torturer or Fernando is a paranoid inquisitor, I think we should test it by killing Mustafa.

I agree that Martinus should kill someone, I was just suggesting Hernan. I'd like the town to vote for Mustafa, since it's based on the word of the Inquisitor and not simply suspicion.

I'm leaning towards Hernan as a heretic, sorry old friend, but your behavior is erratic and suspicious. You have already voted for three different people today alone.

Exactly. He seems hell-bent on confusing us. That can be for no good.

For now vote: Adam/Philip

I think you were there to kill or convert one of us...

No no, now you're making a mistake. Don't vote for Philip to die, vote for Philip to be *cough* tested *cough* as a traitor by Martinus.

So, to summarize the path I see as correct for the day...

I would (and have), vote to kill Mustafa on the word of the Inquisitor. So far, all of the witches have cried and moaned about how much good they could do and how we're all making a mistake and then they've gone to hell. Let's keep up the good work.

I also vote that Miguel should kill Hernan. He's an experienced player, but he's acting like a he's never played this game ... of life ... before. That can only mean one thing... deception.

I also suggest that the Inquisitor look into Philip's loyalties. I think he could have been trying to turn one of the Savril family (isn't it Charles and Joan Savril?), yet he could also be a simple peeping tom and not someone we need to kill. Investigate his investigation claims before deciding his fate.

I will determine who I guard. If we are to believe that Sergio is also a guard, I would suggest that he does the same. We have enough things announced right now. If we say "protect <player>", the witches know to target someone else. No one benefits from that except them.

If any of the other actions are blocked, we'll know that they were on the right path and the witches prevented them. We'll just try again tomorrow with some new twists thrown in and eventually, we'll get the job done. On the other hand, if we make 2 good witch hits in one night, we might have this plague under control.

That's my take on this. I don't expect that to change unless more is revealed as the day proceeds.

I always thought it was Joan and Charles Sarvil? Well, I guess I was wrong. :blush: Alexander- I agree with you on all of your points, even on the one about me. I think that having the Inquisitor look into me would be rather.... painful.... but it would assure all of you where my loyalties lie. As for voting on who Miguel shoud kill, I also think that Hernan is the likely target. He's just trying to mess everything up. So, for now, I vote: Mustafa/Dragonator. I think that this vote is important, for if Mustafa is a witch... then, we shall know if Marinuts and the Inquisitor are innocent. If not- then one (or both) is a liar.

Yes, I sent messages to others in town, and they might have been confusing. For that, I apologize. But, the purpose of those was not only to express my thoughts, but to also check on specific peoples alliances. I have seen enough from the ones who recieved these messages. Now I know what to watch for. I have my list, but I want to see a little bit more evidence. Getting a vote on this person is going to be a little harder than I planned.

The whole point of the messages and multiple votes was simply a tactic, and unfortunately, a few of you played right into my hands. As for voting for me, I would prefer that you didn't, because it would just be a wasted night and neither a witch or a heretic would die. Of course, having the priest ask to have me assassinated is a really interesting point.

Still keeping my vote for Sabrina.

Tread lightly priest; if anyone could easily turn common folk into heretics, you would seem the most likely candidate!

And dear Philip, towards your last point. What if Mustafa was innocent until the point of his interrogation? That would mean that either Martinus or the Inquisitor were able to turn him into a heretic? Let's keep that in mind also. I feel that the witches have a good amount of power in this town!

:oh3: Anyone noticed any crying babies around? Or any women with unusually large bellies? :laugh:

In fact, I've just realized that there aren't any children in this town at all. Thats probably a good thing, with the perverts, foursomes, and oh yeah, the deadly use of witchcraft. :tongue::laugh:

But anyway, I originally voted for her on day 3, Vote: Sabrina . She is probably the most suspicious, next to MUSTAFA, who I was ALSO suspicious of last week, and was threatened myself.... :hmpf_bad:

I am also keeping an eye on the preist for obvious reasons...

(OOC: I only edited because I forgot to put my vote in bold. Please no accusations like last time...)

Edited by darthperson

Yes, I sent messages to others in town, and they might have been confusing. For that, I apologize. But, the purpose of those was not only to express my thoughts, but to also check on specific peoples alliances. I have seen enough from the ones who recieved these messages. Now I know what to watch for. I have my list, but I want to see a little bit more evidence. Getting a vote on this person is going to be a little harder than I planned.

The whole point of the messages and multiple votes was simply a tactic, and unfortunately, a few of you played right into my hands. As for voting for me, I would prefer that you didn't, because it would just be a wasted night and neither a witch or a heretic would die. Of course, having the priest ask to have me assassinated is a really interesting point.

Still keeping my vote for Sabrina.

Tread lightly priest; if anyone could easily turn common folk into heretics, you would seem the most likely candidate!

And dear Philip, towards your last point. What if Mustafa was innocent until the point of his interrogation? That would mean that either Martinus or the Inquisitor were able to turn him into a heretic? Let's keep that in mind also. I feel that the witches have a good amount of power in this town!

That is a weak excuse Hernan. Every time somone has eccused a lot o people they have always said the same thing "Oh, I qwas just checking alliances." I personally think your a witch, but I will not vote you off. In this matter I agree with my husband, and I Vote: Phillip/Adam. Even if you are not a witch, you are a sinner, and deserve to die.

In fact, I've just realized that there aren't any children in this town at all. Thats probably a good thing, with the perverts, foursomes, and oh yeah, the deadly use of witchcraft. :tongue::laugh:

But anyway, I originally voted for her on day 3, Vote: Sabrina . She is probably the most suspicious, next to MUSTAFA, who I was ALSO suspicious of last week, and was threatened myself.... :hmpf_bad:

I am also keeping an eye on the preist for obvious reasons...

(OOC: I only edited because I forgot to put my vote in bold. Please no accusations like last time...)

Fellow soldier, watch out....one more "edit" and I quote: "Thou shalt not edit thy posts. Doing so 3 times will incur the wrath of God."

I won't vote until I have some more evidence although I am starting to be very suspicious of Sabrina..... :hmpf_bad:

Unvote Philip/Adam

vote Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok

Stats:

Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok: 5 votes

Mustafa/Dragonator: 2 votes

Philip/Adam: 1 vote

Alexander, I agree with what you are saying except for one small point. I'm not a heretic. Pure and simple. And I most certainly don't want you to suspect the Inquisitor once I'm dead either, because I think he is a good man as well, from what I can see. What I want to know is, why do you keep ignoring my plan? From what you are saying, you are assuming that the Inquisitor always finds the correct result. I do not think this is the case however. If he investigates Philip tonight, he is more than likely to get a result of heretic, simply because this is what he always gets. No, he should instead investigate somebody of whom we are almost absolutely certain is a citizen. Then, if he comes out with another heretic cry, we will know that he is paranoid, and that I am innocent. This way you save two innocent lives. The Inquisitor agrees with me on this plan, why don't you? Yes it would be good for him to look into Philip's loyalties, but what is the point if he's always going to turn up with a result of heretic? No, we need to be absolutely certain that he is finding correct results before proceeding, otherwise mistakes are going to be made.

Now I understand that to you I look like I am just doing the same as the two heretics we've caught already. However, there is one difference, as Charles noted. I have helped so far to clarify investigations and lead us all to correct convictions, not once, but twice. It that really the work of a heretic? If you think it is, then this town is surely lost. I beg of you all, just wait one more day, and we can find out tomorrow whether my theory is correct. There is a lot to gain from following my proposed plan, however there is a lot to lose if we do not.

Now, on to what I think of the rest of the situation. Hopefully, you'll all still value my opinion, even if some of you do think of me as a suspect. Firstly, we have three major suspects other than myself, they are Sabrina, Hernan and Philip. Hernan has been arousing some major suspicion because of his various conflicting Potato Messages. Is this a ploy to create confusion, or what he says it is, a tactic? It is hard to tell, but to me it seems highly suspicious. There is also the fact that he has been very unclear in his voting so far, but then, he says this is tactics as well. Still, very suspicious if you ask me.

Then we have our ogling noble, Philip. It appears he has some sort of night action, or so he says, but why can he only use it on some nights, and not others? That seems very weird. It is possible that he was doing what Charles suggested, trying to convert either Joan or Charles. But then why would God tell us this? It is very rare in games of life that God tells the people of the town what the heretics are up to. Yet still, there is something going on there.

Lastly we have Sabrina. Over the last four days she has said little, has not helped us to find the heretics, and has done a lot of shopping at my stall. I would not normally complain about people buying things from me, but in these days and times, it is suspicious, especially when she needs to buy so much. The question is, what has she been buying, and why?

From what I can see, we do not have anywhere near as much evidence as we have had on the previous two days, however there are a lot of suspicions. I am leaning towards Sabrina, mainly because there is a lot of suspicion against her, and she has not said all that much in her defence. However I would much prefer to vote on some clear evidence, so I will wait a little longer to see if anyone has anything new to say before I cast my vote. As for who should be killed tonight by Miguel, if he has the father's consent, then I would back the decision against Hernan as well. He just changes his mind too often to be innocent. Still, it would be nice if there was some hard evidence, but as these times are becoming more desperate, it seems we shall need to start voting more and more of suspicion. Still, I always have, and always will prefer to have evidence. I have a strong feeling that someone in my family will be a lawyer in the future, whatever that is... :grin:

Well, that's all I have to say for now, hopefully it will help in some way. :classic:

HA! No accusations? PLEASE! Well I will stop accusing you WHEN YOU STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS :hmpf_bad:

We have told you just double post!!!! SHEESH!

Vote: Henry/Darthperson - Stop editing. Hey why dont you just edit one more time just for the hell of it? It wont hurt. :hmpf:

Also Sabrina, Iam sorry I tried defending you while you were gone, And mightve succesfully stopped the vote for you then but, Im afraid its in vain it seems you have done nothing in your defence even though I tried to save you. :sadnew: Unvote: Henry/Darthperson -- Vote: Sabrina/Lt. Col Thok

Sabrina if you are innocent, I shall hope to see you in heaven one day. :sadnew:

Listen, Mustafa-

First of all, I think "ogling" is a bit much- OK, maybe it isn't. But going along with your plan has some downsides. First of all: you play this game... of life... very well, and I can see you trying to wiggle your way out of death at the stake. But, as to your claim that you are innocent and that the Inquisitor will always say, "Heretic" when someone is... investigated, I ask you to look at the facts. On previous instances where Fernardo has notified us that someone is a Heretic, what have they been? Heretics. Killing you would make it obvious as to whether or not the Inquisitor's information is correct. The idea that we would investigate someone who is "clearly innocent" (even though we must be suspicous of everyone) is outrageous. What would that achieve? You could still be a Heretic, and so could the "innocent" person, for we know of no one who fits the set requirement that you seek. In the end, we could be letting multiple people off the hook.

However, I do agree with you on some points- for instance, your opinion of Hernan and Sabrina, as well as your plans for Miguel. They make sense. Even so, I've always wondered- how can you not know what you sell, and to whom?

I can assure you that I was not present last night to convert or kill anyone. I was merely there as a peeper. And Mustafa, if each witch/heretic could kill a person every night, don't you think that even Tiny Pies God would clearly see this as wrong? No, if I was able to peep every night, this game... of life... would move along far too quickly. And, as you said, why would God inform us of what a Heretic/witch was doing?

Philip, I think you are a little confused. The Inquisitor has only made one other investigation, and that was of Bernard. It is my opinion that that was a fluke. No, if he were to investigate somebody else, such as Alexander, of whom we are almost certain is a citizen, then it would prove that he is a paranoid torturer without the need to kill someone. You seem all to eager to kill me for some reason. Remember, there are a lot less heretics in this game of life than there are citizens, so what is the likelihood of the Inquisitor getting another heretic in his next investigation? Not high. I am willing to lay my life on the line to bet that no matter who the Inquisitor torturers tonight, that person will turn out to be a heretic. It is the only thing that makes sense to me, for I am most definitely a citizen. The only other option is that the Inquisitor was lying, but I don't think this is the case. I find it repulsive that you would even suggest killing someone just to test a theory. Much better to prove that persons innocence without needing to kill them, especially as that person is me. :grin:

Also, think of this. It is not so much letting of the hook, as just proving that we cannot rely on the conclusions found by torture. If my theory is proved correct, then those people who were investigated will still be just as suspicious as everyone else. If any other evidence is found, then that is fine, but I do not think that the Inquisitors word is a reliable point of evidence. At the moment, that is the only piece of "real" evidence counting against me, however you will recall that there was a lot more counting against both Bernard and Cassandra. Once we have proved that the Inquisitor was paranoid, then I will be just as suspicious as I was before, which, if you will recall, was not very high on most people's lists. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to continue helping you all to hunt out these remaining witches, once this evidence has been shown to be false.

But I feel investigating is somewhat useless unless you get a guilty person..I mean since witches can supposedlly convert people doesnt mean people who were investigated but proven innocent then [if the investigations of the witches werent fluke] can be converted? So I feel it is not smart once you find someone is innocent to completely not suspect them, Since they could be converted... :sceptic:

Stats update:

Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok: 6 votes

Takes 9 to lynch...If I remember correctly since there are 18 of us.

3 more votes untill Sabrina is lynched and half of us have not voted yet...

Stats update:

Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok: 6 votes

Takes 9 to lynch...If I remember correctly since there are 18 of us.

3 more votes untill Sabrina is lynched and half of us have not voted yet...

Since an execution requires a majority vote, it would take 10 votes to lynch burn.

I will do what's best for the town, Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok. I have also been very suspicious. Let's just hope that shes a Witch/Heretic.

Well I've sat and contemplated this for a while, and I think Sabrina is probably the best choice under the current circumstances. I just wish we had a bit more evidence against her like we did for the previous two convictions, but as was said often yesterday, it wont be much of a lose if she is a citizen, as she hasn't helped us all that much so far. Therefore I am going to Vote: Sabrina (Lt. Col. Thok). I think that that is the best choice that can be made, I just hope it is the right one.

Since an execution requires a majority vote, it would take 10 votes to lynch burn.

Oh Iam sorry TinypiusGod :sadnew::blush:

REAL Stats update :blush: :

Sabrina/Lt. Col. Thok: 8 votes

Takes 10 to lynch Burn

2 more votes untill Sabrina is lynched Burnt! :devil:

Well I've sat and contemplated this for a while, and I think Sabrina is probably the best choice under the current circumstances. I just wish we had a bit more evidence against her like we did for the previous two convictions, but as was said often yesterday, it wont be much of a lose if she is a citizen, as she hasn't helped us all that much so far. Therefore I am going to Vote: Sabrina (Lt. Col. Thok). I think that that is the best choice that can be made, I just hope it is the right one.

True, Ever since her soul transplant [Whats that?] she just hasnt been the same, Its a shame that in this game...of life the original soul is not here. :sadnew:

[OOC: R.I.P. ISC :sadnew: ..... :tongue: ]

Ah well, I suppose I will pick out someone who I deem reasonable to be a citizen and not a heretic. I won't tell you who, and I won't listen to any suggestions. If Mustafa is correct about my interrogations always coming up with a confession, that doesn't give him the clean cut. If the "confirmed" innocent comes up as a heretic, that doesn't mean that Mustafa is automatically not a heretic. It just means that my investigations are useless, and cannot prove if someone is innocent or not. And also, dear merchant, I do not believe you are not suspicious. You have received witch items to your stall, and other potentially dangerous items. Coincidence or not, it still brings bad vibes to you.

I find it kind of funny. John is supporting the execution of Sabrina, the only other who has shopped somewhere on every occasion. If she comes up as a heretic, I am sure people will burn him. Perhaps I will vote to condemn, but I would like to hear a defense. I think there is as much evidence against her as there was against Cassandra, and yet she was a witch. I suppose "citizens" who don't contribute much are most likely witches! More importantly, we need to hear more about what we will do at night. I will not be investigating Philip most likely, but you may not have to leave that out. Sleep with one eye open.. hah! Ahem... I agree about Alexander's suggestion on targeting Hernan. You've seen my arguments against him, and I think that's the only other person I think should be considered other than Sabrina and Mustafa.

I find it kind of funny. John is supporting the execution of Sabrina, the only other who has shopped somewhere on every occasion. If she comes up as a heretic, I am sure people will burn him. Perhaps I will vote to condemn, but I would like to hear a defense. I think there is as much evidence against her as there was against Cassandra, and yet she was a witch. I suppose "citizens" who don't contribute much are most likely witches!

Why wouldnt I be supporting the execution of Sabrina...? :look:

I have not shopped at every occasion...Or that I remember...I dont think I shopped with the last people who shopped...Im pretty sure, I went out for lunch....with Sabrina.

WAIT! WAIT WAIT! SO Your saying...If shes guilty, Then people will automatically think im a heretic and kill me!? :sing::oh::oh3::wacko: Ok I think thats abit unfair.... :angry::hmpf_bad:

What I want to know is, why do you keep ignoring my plan?

Because there isn't anyone in town I trust enough to use as the test subject except myself. That's the way it is. Even though I have some people I believe are good, I can't be certain. Can you?

From what you are saying, you are assuming that the Inquisitor always finds the correct result. I do not think this is the case however. If he investigates Philip tonight, he is more than likely to get a result of heretic, simply because this is what he always gets.

OR because Philip is a heretic. Let's not forget that possibility.

No, he should instead investigate somebody of whom we are almost absolutely certain is a citizen. Then, if he comes out with another heretic cry, we will know that he is paranoid, and that I am innocent.

Just tell me who is so absolutely clear of suspicion...

Now I understand that to you I look like I am just doing the same as the two heretics we've caught already. However, there is one difference, as Charles noted. I have helped so far to clarify investigations and lead us all to correct convictions, not once, but twice. It that really the work of a heretic?

Sometimes. In the Legend of Mystery Castle, a rotten bugger named Rotrigous used just such a method to almost survive the whole thing, had it not been for people not listening to him when he wanted to kill the torturer. Dammit. I mean, it's quite an interesting story, isn't it? :tongue:

From what I can see, we do not have anywhere near as much evidence as we have had on the previous two days, however there are a lot of suspicions. I am leaning towards Sabrina, mainly because there is a lot of suspicion against her, and she has not said all that much in her defence.

Sadly, the people seem to agree. I don't know if she is or isn't guilty, nor do I think any of us do, but she was higher on my suspicion list than you (prior to the Inquisitor's proclamation of your guilt), so fine... the people have spoken. Let us pray they have spoken wisely.

Unvote: Mustafa

Vote: Sabrina

Hopefully, that both finishes her off and she is actually guilty.

I still think Miguel should kill Hernan though, he hasn't just been a little confusing, he's been intentionally so in my opinion, and that marks deceit, not a mistake.

I also agree with the Inquisitor keeping his investigation private, it does make good sense.

I been observing Mustafa's posts for the past few days. Although, he is being suspected for being a witch supplier and is concluded by the Inquisitor, but my instinct is telling me that this is still not the right day to take him out. I am very curious of villagers, coming over to his shop and purchase stuffs. One of the 3 shoppers, Cassandra has been convicted to be a heretic. If Sabrina is truly a heretic, it means they will have to go forth Mustafa's store to purchase items. There is a high possibility that the witches posing as villagers need to visit Mustafa's store to purchase items to translate abilities (night actions). In addition, Sabrina never contribute much to our ongoing day's investigations and with others feel strongly that she is one of the witches.

May god bless us, that we had grab hold one of the witches again, like what you have blessed us before.

Vote Sabrina (Lt. Col. Thok)

My, I was absent a day and look what's happened! Sabrina appears to be dead!

Judging by the fact of Cassandra being a witch and a shopper, this makes me believe the other shoppers are highly likely to be witches.

Just in case she's got a strange resistance to being voted off:

Vote: Sabrina/Lt. Colonel Thok

~Martinus